It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man-Eating Giants Discovered in Nevada Cave?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I've made a post about this before. It's not a Mormon thing, it is a Paiute Story. I have seen firsthand the jaw bone of one of the alleged giants in the Humboldt Museum. I was informed a private institution has bought the rest of the bones. I did see a jawbone. It was larger than an average human's. I think it's very possible for it to have been a Neanderthal. The director of the museum informed me there were two giants.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Just to add into everything.. Im Blackfeet and we have several stories of things like the flood and giants. One story is about a guy who treated a giant as a friend and he was welcomed to the home. Im really sorry, but I cant remember the whole thing. I do know there was no fear of giants.. if they be human or our giant birds and coyotes. Some folks think that our Napi was a giant too.
I guess also Blackfeet are typically pretty darned tall people too though, Im just "blessed" with the throw back petite genes.
My grandmother was about 6 feet tall and my grandfather was maybe 6'6".My dad was maybe 6'4" or 6'5". We also have a full blooded rez baby with blue or green eyes once in a while and sometimes red hair.. but not like white peoples kind of red hair.. not as bright. ANyway, thats Montana and Canada where we're from.. not Nevada... but we too hear about giants and things. Our flood story is pretty close to the biblical flood stories.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Who was the Rainbow Woman? I would like to learn more about this. I have not found anything online.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

We don't see eye to eye on a few things but we see eye to eye what that one. At one point in time, there were giants on this planet IMO. Not only do you have accounts from them from the Native American and the central americans, but there was a fleeting mentioning of them by the Greeks

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by cenpuppie

I have even heard the Spaniards recorded mounds of bones of people of a large stature the Aztecs had recently done away with. The Spaniards burned the bones. So someone has always seen to this denial somehow or another.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
There is an obscure item in the Cherokee Mythology about a giant they called Judacullah. There's a massive monolithic piece of soapstone near Sylva NC that has some really weird and as of yet untranslated glyphs that the Cherokee say predates them and which they associate with Judacullah. The stone is on private land, and is slowly sinking into the ground amid some controversy about what to do with it. Judacullah Rock, if it indeed predates the Cherokee, is an incredibly important artifact that has slipped into obscurity.

1.bp.blogspot.com...

4.bp.blogspot.com...

There's a number of legends about Judacullah, from benevolent diety of game animals to a man eating nephilim, but every day more and more evidence seems to bubble to the surface about giants in our past.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Wonder if these red haired giants have anything to do with those who built the pyramids in china, they all were very tall and had red hair too!

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by LUXUS
Wonder if these red haired giants have anything to do with those who built the pyramids in china, they all were very tall and had red hair too!

Interesting that neanderthals are claimed to be red haired.

Could you imagine the possibility that neanderthals built pyramids and stonehenges?
edit on 20-7-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
OK, but the tribe said as tall as 12 ft tall. The largest the article says they found is somewhere over 8 ft. That's off by 50% so far.

If they find 12 ft skeletons, I'd like to see that.

The world's record for tallest man is also over 8 ft tall.

en.wikipedia.org...

Tallest living is over 8 ft too, Sultan Kösen.

en.wikipedia.org...

If you're going to say it's true, then, I don't know...I just figure they would verify what the tribe said, which was that they were as tall as 12. If you only found ones 8 ft tall, then that isn't verifying what they said.

Just the facts...

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

The redhead mummies that were found in china were not neanderthals, many suspect that they were a Scythian tribe and its interesting to note that the Scythian are descended from the biblical giant Magog according to tradition who was a son of Japheth.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I'm not sure where i dug the link up from but there are writings from Spaniards that mention giants! Not to mention that Dio Cassius (Roman Historian) mentioned that the great Boudicca was also a giant. Lots of things Wikipedia keeps out, hehe.

I find it that funny that she has nothing written about her and the things that do exist on the records are once again written by the Romans. What i've pieced together is that these tall white skinned giants managed to spread throughout the world. Western China and northern India area, north america and south america. Not to mention the UK area and some parts of Europe. Evidently, some of the German tribes might have had giants. And from what 've gathered, the Celts were probably giants too.

Not to mention that the Book of Enouch mentions genetic manipulation (the chimera and other animal hybrids) and the Greeks talk about animal type hybrids. Duck bill platypus anyone? Personally i feel that the past is being covered up. Even now, you have people questioning as to whether the Holocaust really happened while ignoring the fist hand accounts of WW2 vets that actually saw. So when the last person that can tell the truth actually dies you can say what you want and have the ignorant masses eat it up.

It's up to each person individually if they want to know the truth. The problem is that most people can't handle the truth. Well guess what, they have no choice. They've been lied to their whole life, telling them the truth won't hurt.. much.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
This is my theory, and my first time posting on here, so please be nice and dont shoot me down please, i would never do it to anyone else, that being said: It is well known tht vikings first came to north america long before colombus did, theyve found artifacts, skeletons, even Runestones. now european men of that age may seem like giants because frankly, most of them were huge to begin with, not to mention the physical attributes that make them "bigger" big armor, big weapons, big hair, and big beards, and most scandanavians had red hair, now in viking lore, only the biggest and the strongest cold lead a tribe, so perhaps what were seeing here, is the leaders of the tribes doing some sort of council, or conuest plan? just an idea, or even more outlandish, what if they were the viking gods, manifested in human form to do battle with theyre people, who were so far from home. just a few ideas, i really like viking lore and mythology, even in the poeta eddica, thor was said to have red hair, and be a giant of a man.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Seen this a few times in a few tv shows. I think it's true. The Gods were said to be giants and the reason they made men shorter than them is the obvious reason that they didn't want men to be a threat. Giants are certainly one of the most fascinating topics in the history of men.

edit on 30-7-2012 by Nightwalk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Shadow Herder
Interesting that neanderthals are claimed to be red haired.

Also interesting that some researchers are starting to say that Neanderthals weren't really more primitive than modern man, but more like a separate race that was partially killed off and the rest assimilated into other races of humans. They had bigger skulls and brain cavities than modern humans. They were assumed to not have even stood upright in the past, but kind of slumped over, from older-generation archaeologists automatically thinking they must have been some kind of slouching caveman, but that's apparently not true either.

Stormdancer777
I'll be darn I didn't know they were authentic, I wonder why this information is resurfacing now?

Like GenerationX said, welcome to the information age. XD

I have lots of old books that talk about these kinds of things. The only problem is that websites online seem to be more unreliable, both in being able to verify information, and the fact that they like to suddenly disappear into a memory hole from time to time. But I think all these things will be sorted out soon enough, and red-haired giants in caves (just like the Native Americans themselves said) will be mild compared to other things we'll relearn from fairly recent discoveries that just didn't get around much.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Is it just me, or with the red hair and kilt-like textile patterns, does that mummy not look exactly like a Scot?

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Man-eating Giants are common themes in all ancient myths across the globe. The only people this will be a "surprise" to is "modern Academia" with its "Myths are Fiction" dogma.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Totally oof topic yet on.

Why do we assume so much.
Take the missions to Mars for example.

Why do we assume that any evidence of life elsewhere is on a scale similar to here.

We assume that any xta terrestrial life is of the same size comparison as us.
Gullivers travels.
What if on Mars there was a similar species to us humans but because of the location from the sun and the affects of it determine a size.
Light does the same.

In fact I am going to stop there because ive just read that back and can understand why you'd think its a ridiculous reply lol

Ratios.
Is therrLife elsewhere but we can't find it because we are looking at a similar scale as to what we are used to here is what I am trying to say.
Is that easier.
edit on 25-3-2014 by jazz10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   

LUXUS

The redhead mummies that were found in china were not neanderthals, many suspect that they were a Scythian tribe and its interesting to note that the Scythian are descended from the biblical giant Magog according to tradition who was a son of Japheth.

And taking into account the complexity of the weave would say that they weren't stupid either.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Give him a motorcycle and a few tattoos and you would have a more recent timefame. ;-)

Strange rwally because bikers are a brotherhood in a sense and look out for each other.

Sorry couldn't resist.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join