It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man-Eating Giants Discovered in Nevada Cave?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

Hmm, that's really interesting, I heard about the star people legends, not the soul eaters, when I was young there were legends of taller tribes, and the hunter and gatherers seemed to be larger then, the farmers.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Fascinating stuff! I am curious about the artifacts. Are there any pics of them laid out? Were any of them of unusual scale? If the pics are not available then I am even more curious about this subject. 10,000 artifacts is could provide some intriguing insight to this subject for sure.
A little perspective:

thy-weapon-of-war.blogspot.com...

Peace,
spec
edit on 22-12-2010 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I love the giant stuff , It is amazing to read about them.
the legend of the giants can be found on every continent
and all cultures' ancient history.I first became interested
in the giants while visiting Steve Quayle's website.
good info there as well.

Peace.

edit on America/Chicagopm3331America/ChicagoWed, 22 Dec 2010 19:28:33 -060012 3128 by BrainGarden because: spell check

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
There were supposedly another cave found with red haired "giants" ancientamerican.com...

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Regardless of whether it's true or not, this is certainly a fascinating tale.

I would not be surprised if there were some truth to it as well.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
Fascinating stuff! I am curious about the artifacts. Are there any pics of them laid out? Were any of them of unusual scale? If the pics are not available then I am even more curious about this subject. 10,000 artifacts is could provide some intriguing insight to this subject for sure.
A little perspective:

thy-weapon-of-war.blogspot.com...

Peace,
spec
edit on 22-12-2010 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

Thank you for posting the picture,

I am curious as well about the artifacts.

Not much info on google.
edit on 103131p://bWednesday2010 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
There are stories of the thirties in the colorado river canyon, where skeletons of gant proportions were found in caves, but the Smithsonian Institute was said to have taken the rtemains and dynamited the caves.
This i heard years ago..
And a story of an underground city rich in artifacts, that has openings high up overlooking death valley,in the cliff walls.They are supposed to resemble old stone warves,,,found by two prospectors...

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

I use to spend a lot of time on science and archeology and anthropology news sites, we get a report and not much follow up,

A lot is kept hidden.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
What would happen to science and the world if the bones of giants were really found? Could the world be thrown off its axis? Would there be panic in the streets as we fought each other to burn down the libraries and cry in despair that our archaeologists lied?

Or would nothing really change and we'd simply add another layer of history to the books?

No 'bones of giants' were found in the Lovelock Cave. Like all the other 'giant' tales we read on-line, here's another with no evidence and no pictures.

It's easy for us to forget that (generally) life in the past gets more difficult the further back we go. There were seasons and years of boom and bust. The Lovelock Caves were used as a sort of pantry/storeroom for the people living in the area. They'd store their fishing equipment in there until the season came around again. Seeds and grain would be stashed away for winter months. It was shelter too. The archaeologists probably found a few turds in there too; believe it or not, we used to pick out semi-digested seeds and grains from our dried excrement and eat them. Bleugh!

*I hate that word....so misused

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by cluckerspud
Death By Snu-Snu!!!!!

Funny you should mention that, the researchers actually discovered these oddly posed skeletal remains not far from the cave's entrance:

edit on 23-12-2010 by Torgo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   
As what I can find so far:

They are the life-forms/beings of the 4th Moon (of the 5 sun / 4 moon cycle), a predecessor of the Homo xxxxx blood (but ~not lineage). They existed all over Earth, traveled far and wide (as above, so below), and where the people are still "of the land", they co-exist with them on ~non-mutual terms. There are specific places on Earth where the still exist. Their graves can be found all over the world. People "of the land" do not consider them to be of their own, but from time immemorial before them. If the whispers are correct, they have 3 strand DNA.

I'll keep perusing the Records... they usually have what one's looking for...

W

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

This reminds me of the story of the giants of Solomon Islands...very interesting!
Also, I have heard what another member here posted about the Smithsonian Institute hiding many finds from the general public.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Seems these thing have quite a recorded history, there are even skeletal remains available - someone is supressing the knowledge of this as with so much of archeology.

We are also reminded that some of the first explorers to the Americas reported seeing giants themselves:

The first chronicled sighting occurred in 1520, when the Portuguese explorer Magellan anchored his ships in the harbour of San Julian. On going ashore, he and his crew encountered a giant of a man, nearly ten feet tall and with the 'voice like a bull'. Enquiries suggested that he belonged to a tribe of giants who lived nearby. Magellan and his men apparently captured two specimens, intending to take them back to Europe. He shipped them aboard and set sail, but they died before the return journey was completed. (1)

Sir Francis Drake, who passed through San Julian in 1578, mentions that he saw two men who stood nine feet tall, and in the years that followed similar reports were made by other explorers such as Pedro Sarmiento, Tome Hernandez, Anthony Knyvet and Sebald de Weert all claim to have laid eyes on the South American giants. (1)

In 1615, two more travellers, Jacob le Maire and Wilhelm Schouten, recorded the fact that they had discovered a pair of human skeletons, each nine feet in length. (1)

By 1700, the giants seemed to have moved away from San Julian, and the next official record places them at Valdivia, Chile. In 1712, the Spanish authorities there filed repeated reports of a race of giants living in the wild interior, not many miles from the town. (1)

The last sighting seems to have taken place in 1764, when Commodore Byron, grandfather of famous poet, saw them at Cabo Virgines. (1)

www.ancient-wisdom.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Hello and thanks for the post,

Why would a giant race of humans be so unbelievable, there were dinosaurs, I realize they didn't live side by side with man, but still there could have been an ancient almost extinct race that wandered the earth.

I too realize some of the myths and legends of giants and dragons come from the fossils ancient men found and didn't know what it was.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Or would nothing really change and we'd simply add another layer of history to the books?

I doubt it would create mass hysteria, true that.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by wolfgang1812
As what I can find so far:

They are the life-forms/beings of the 4th Moon (of the 5 sun / 4 moon cycle), a predecessor of the Homo xxxxx blood (but ~not lineage). They existed all over Earth, traveled far and wide (as above, so below), and where the people are still "of the land", they co-exist with them on ~non-mutual terms. There are specific places on Earth where the still exist. Their graves can be found all over the world. People "of the land" do not consider them to be of their own, but from time immemorial before them. If the whispers are correct, they have 3 strand DNA.

I'll keep perusing the Records... they usually have what one's looking for...

W

Thanks for the post. Going akashic for this one?

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I grew up in Northern NV and actually heard this story from a Paiute medicine man. The story he told me had a little more detail than the OP's. He told me this tribe, he referred to them as the "Red Indians" used to terrorize the people through out Northern Nevada. The "Red Indians" where giants he said average 12 feet tall or so with red hair or as he put it "Covered in a fine red hair". He also made it clear these giants where not Humans.They would periodically raid Paiute and Shoshoni villages kidnapping mostly women and children while the men where hunting or engaged in similar activities away from home. The giants would eat the captives.

At some point all of the groups living in the areas inhabited by these giants banded all of the available warriors together from the different tribes. Now as he told it the gathered war party conducted a systematic campaign of extermination against the giants. The tribes wiped out as many of the giants as they could and then pursued several groups who managed to flee into the mountains. The tribes killed the majority of the giants who fled but believed some had escaped entirely.

It's amazing how many tribes in North America have stories of giants that feasted on human flesh.
edit on 24-12-2010 by RedHarvest because: Mis information

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
--- Since I've heard of these Giants, I cannot stop thinking of the Legend of David and Goliath, who apparently was a giant...Obviously, today they tell you that Goliath was just really big, but what if he was a real giant.

Descriptions also sounds like the way Vikings were described.

Blood thirsty red haired giants....who by the way came from the North to america.

Could they be the so-called Nordicks????

The Nordicks we're presumably a good race!!?!??!

just a thought!

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
Seriously?

www.salem-news.com...

Well, it's seriously badly researched about a hoax from the early 1900's, so if you mean "serious" in that context, I suppose it applies.

In fact, I agree with Wikipedia that this is a hoax from the 1920's:
en.wikipedia.org...

The thousands of artifacts from the cave ended up in the Humboldt museum -- and the artifacts are not from people of unusual size. You can see them here:
humboldtmuseum.org...

The dig was extensive, and a lot of material was published on it, including an analysis of coprolites (fancy archaeological/paleontological word for "poop")
www.bcin.ca...

There's several book published on the excavations:
www.getcited.org...

The Culture History of Lovelock Cave, Nevada
GL Grosscup… - 1959 - University of California, Berkeley

There's articles (go to Google Scholar and type in "Lovelock cave" (include the quotes)) on parasites found in coprolites, remains of birds, plants, and so forth. The artifacts found in Lovelock Cave are often used to compare and date artifacts found at other sites.

A complete catalog of the findings PLUS the history of all the digging activities is here. They found human muscle and body parts including a leg, but no mummy:
hearstmuseum.berkeley.edu...

The mummy shown in the photograph in the article is one of the Egyptian pharaohs (not sure which one -- I'm judging this based on the presentation and the cloth covering the lower body, which is similar to the way the ones in Cairo are presented and the formal crossed hands indicating that the mummy was royal -- also the unusual state of preservation. Natural mummies are not that well preserved nor do they conveniently fold their arms in that position when they die.)

Given the number of people crawling all over the material in the cave from many different associations, any remains of giant humans would have quickly been purchased by museums (in a bidding war) to put on display.

I don't find any mention of the stone in a quick look over artifacts -- I'm wondering if some non-archaeologist interpreted an atlatl stone as a calendar stone. I'd like to see a genuine picture of that item.

In February and June of 1931, two very large skeletons were found in the Humboldt dry lake bed near Lovelock, Nevada.

And here is a very complete review of the (multiple) digs and findings:
escholarship.org...

Notice, no giant skeletons.

Now... there IS a report that I saw about dental modifications, so some group in that area was apparently filing their teeth. However, this doesn't mean that they ate humans. People modify teeth for any number of reasons.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
Seriously?

www.salem-news.com...

Well, it's seriously badly researched about a hoax from the early 1900's, so if you mean "serious" in that context, I suppose it applies.

In fact, I agree with Wikipedia that this is a hoax from the 1920's:
en.wikipedia.org...

The thousands of artifacts from the cave ended up in the Humboldt museum -- and the artifacts are not from people of unusual size. You can see them here:
humboldtmuseum.org...

The dig was extensive, and a lot of material was published on it, including an analysis of coprolites (fancy archaeological/paleontological word for "poop")
www.bcin.ca...

There's several book published on the excavations:
www.getcited.org...

The Culture History of Lovelock Cave, Nevada
GL Grosscup… - 1959 - University of California, Berkeley

There's articles (go to Google Scholar and type in "Lovelock cave" (include the quotes)) on parasites found in coprolites, remains of birds, plants, and so forth. The artifacts found in Lovelock Cave are often used to compare and date artifacts found at other sites.

A complete catalog of the findings PLUS the history of all the digging activities is here. They found human muscle and body parts including a leg, but no mummy:
hearstmuseum.berkeley.edu...

The mummy shown in the photograph in the article is one of the Egyptian pharaohs (not sure which one -- I'm judging this based on the presentation and the cloth covering the lower body, which is similar to the way the ones in Cairo are presented and the formal crossed hands indicating that the mummy was royal -- also the unusual state of preservation. Natural mummies are not that well preserved nor do they conveniently fold their arms in that position when they die.)

Given the number of people crawling all over the material in the cave from many different associations, any remains of giant humans would have quickly been purchased by museums (in a bidding war) to put on display.

I don't find any mention of the stone in a quick look over artifacts -- I'm wondering if some non-archaeologist interpreted an atlatl stone as a calendar stone. I'd like to see a genuine picture of that item.

In February and June of 1931, two very large skeletons were found in the Humboldt dry lake bed near Lovelock, Nevada.

And here is a very complete review of the (multiple) digs and findings:
escholarship.org...

Notice, no giant skeletons.

Now... there IS a report that I saw about dental modifications, so some group in that area was apparently filing their teeth. However, this doesn't mean that they ate humans. People modify teeth for any number of reasons.

So you 'agree' with the Wickileak article where some author

" suggests that the 'giant' interpretation of the skeletons from Lovelock Cave and other dry caves in Nevada was started by entrpreneurs setting up tourist displays"

Thats it no argument, no facts - just the usual 'it can't possibly be true' attitude.

As for the rest of your post - it amounts to 'some Archeologists turned up and took everything away' - afterwards they showed some non-controversial stuff!

How about the jaw-bone, has that ever been analysed?
What about the reports of early navigators - do you suppose they made all that up for fun?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join