It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hilarious Acronym Alert: WTF: CIA's Reaction to Wikileaks Cables (Wikileaks Task Force)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

The U.S. intelligence community has an official response to the massive WikiLeaks document dump -- WTF.
It's not what you think.
WTF is the acronym for the newly formed WikiLeaks Task Force, a project launched by the CIA to determine how the leak of hundreds of thousands of cables and files will affect intelligence operations.

Well this is just funny, the new department created to deal with Wikileaks is called the Wikileaks Task Force or WTF, which basically sums up their reaction to the entire operation especially if you think Assange is legit. Oh well, I guess we'll have to wait and see if WTF can catch their man. Maybe WTF was behind the metal O in Assange's cereal.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Reply to post by filosophia

Wikileaks is a joke. So far none of the recent cables have been all that intriguing. They had Collateral Murder, which was overhyped and a nonissue, as the only really impactful thing they've put out.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
www.foxnews.com...

The U.S. intelligence community has an official response to the massive WikiLeaks document dump -- WTF.
It's not what you think.
WTF is the acronym for the newly formed WikiLeaks Task Force, a project launched by the CIA to determine how the leak of hundreds of thousands of cables and files will affect intelligence operations.

Well this is just funny, the new department created to deal with Wikileaks is called the Wikileaks Task Force or WTF, which basically sums up their reaction to the entire operation especially if you think Assange is legit. Oh well, I guess we'll have to wait and see if WTF can catch their man. Maybe WTF was behind the metal O in Assange's cereal.

Aw man, you couldn't make things like this up if you wanted to!

Probably some of the younger analysts suggested the acronym as a joke. I can see them sitting at a bar after work:

"Dude, can you believe they actually went for that?"

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I know... WTF can you say to this?

lol.
edit on 22-12-2010 by MavRck because: (no reason given)

top topics

join