It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

News Black-Out in DC: Pay No Attention to Those Veterans Chained to the White House Fence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I am surprised this hasn't already been posted with all the eyes we have scouring the news daily. So maybe there really was a "news blackout in DC".

There was a black-out and a white-out Thursday and Friday as over a hundred US veterans opposed to US wars in Afghanistan and elsewhere around the world, and their civilian supporters, chained and tied themselves to the White House fence during an early snowstorm to say enough is enough.

Washington Police arrested 135 of the protesters, in what is being called the largest mass detention in recent years. Among those arrested were Ray McGovern, a former CIA analyst who used to provide the president’s daily briefings, Daniel Ellsberg, who released the government’s Pentagon Papers during the Nixon administration, and Chris Hedges, former war correspondent for the New York Times.

Clearly, in the US the corporate media perform a different function. It’s called propaganda. And the handling of this dramatic protest by American veterans against the nation’s current war provides a dramatic illustration of how far the news industry and the journalism profession has converted itself from a Fourth Estate to a handmaiden to power.

You can find the whole article here: News Blackout In DC

Anyone else heard of this? Or know more about it? I'm still looking as I post this.

OK. I found a video clip on YT about this here
edit on 22-12-2010 by Klassified because: ETA

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
media reform now...b4 it's 2 L8...i9 swear...this is the first i heard
i'm a vet and this is important...and 60% oppose the action in afgan...the source states....good
and good detective work, australia knows about this huh!!
flagg

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
There were two posts about the veterans protest and the arrests, but I never read anything about the Media Blackout. Here are the two posts.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 22-12-2010 by kennylee because: spelling

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I'm sure Big Sister is again, calling these patriots, "Home grown terrorists" and," discharged constitutionalists."
This is beyond Out Of Control.

SnF

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by kennylee

Thanks for posting these. No wonder I couldn't find these when I searched, the titles were completely different.
I guess the mods will decide if the "media blackout" makes it a different or continuing saga thread or not. I would think so, but I won't gripe whatever they choose to do.

As a side. I noticed that Mr. Assange got some free advertisement out of this. He was mentioned in the video clip.

And I would have to disagree with Ray McGovern that the president doesn't understand what kind of damage he's doing. I think DC as a whole knows exactly what they are doing.

edit on 22-12-2010 by Klassified because: ETA

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
no surprise, good work bringing it to the surface

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I thought the USA valued their veterans?

I thought the USA listened to what the people that actually fought wars for their country had to say?

I know the populace still feels like this mostly (i hope so at least) and there can only be 1 reason for the media blackout on this.. They fear public outrage.

This should be front page news in light of current events, the people of the USA need to see what their government is doing, and fast.

So far your government is still at least 2 steps ahead all the time.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Romekje

I thought the USA valued their veterans?

We value our veterans. But TPTB don't. They keep trying to find ways to medicate them and/or disarm them, among other things.

I thought the USA listened to what the people that actually fought wars for their country had to say?

Yeah, they listen alright. In one ear and out the other. Unless vets say something that gets a kneejerk reaction out of them. Then they listen long enough to sing Rock a bye baby.

I know the populace still feels like this mostly (i hope so at least) and there can only be 1 reason for the media blackout on this.. They fear public outrage.

I don't know if it's fear. Or just a desire to maintain the status quo. I think they're long past their fear of the sheep.

This should be front page news in light of current events, the people of the USA need to see what their government is doing, and fast.

Unfortunately, our media and our government are one.
Some of us have a pretty good idea of what they're doing. Just not enough of us. And those that are somewhat awake can't agree on anything either.

So far your government is still at least 2 steps ahead all the time.

I think they're more than two steps ahead of us. Try about 20. Maybe more.

For all of our problems. I love this country, and its people. There are good people from every walk of life here.
But what's coming down the road for all the world to see, isn't going to be pretty.
edit on 23-12-2010 by Klassified because: Correction

top topics

join