It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS T&C Is An Enabler For Sociopathic Totalitarians

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Although I am sure I do not have to explain too much, and I am sorry that the title sounds so abrasive but I could ont find a nicer way to put it simply... and, for the record, it is not that I am surprised, I just want to discuss HOW, WHY, and WHEN it happens. (And I am sorry that my keyboard is broken and there will be no apostrophes, quotations or question marks).

Here are the logistics of the argument that outlines the problem:

Sociopaths enjoy the misery of others.

Sociopaths will never admit to being wrong because no product of society is better than they are.

People who will not admit to being wrong after being proven wrong with hard evidence often stir anger in others. Sociopaths feed off of this anger and try to provoke it when they can.

Angry people who are trying to... deny ignorance... will eventually begin addressing the issue with gradually more and more anguish and reserved prejudices against the sociopaths intelligence levels and ignorant standpoints.

Sociopaths would alert people and be overjoyed to see their points go down for... T&C violations... because the anguish of others is their primary goal. They also know how to make you angry and get emotional because it is what they do for giggles. They feed off of this totalitarian control that provokes misery in others.

Mods will slap T&C violations on single posts without reading the thread and the manner of post that the T&C violation was responding to.

Many non-sociopathic ATS members do not like using the ALERT feature to protect their feelings for them.

Im just getting really sick of seeing the ignorant people walk out of threads with more points than the people who hit the problem right on the mark and did the actual DENYING of ignorance... because they told the sociopath they were being childish or ignorant when they refused to accept the hard truth as proven by factual material and sourced to prove the standpoint.

Opinionated solutions:

Members: Do not fall into their trap! Spot the nonsense when you see it and deny the ignorance by not feeding their nonsensical argument past the point where it has already been proven wrong. Spot the sociopath... but do not call them one... it hurts their non-feelings and non-emotions that T&C protects!

Mods: Read the thread of the ALERT and see what is really going on before you start slapping T&C violations on people. The sight motto is, after all, deny ignorance. The definition of ignorance is when there is proof right in front of your face and you refuse to acknowledge it. Oh, and leave your personal opinion OUT OF IT, kthx.

Sociopaths: Seek mental therapy from places that are not conspiracy forums.
edit on 22-12-2010 by Brood because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
The people that get warnings against them are usually "denying ignorance" in an uncivil manner. If you can't keep your cool just because someone is trolling you, you probably have anger problems.

However, I agree that if the provocateurs are also acting rudely, both people should get reprimanded, not just the one who received the alert.
edit on 12/22/2010 by BobbinHood because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
This is true. The answer is not to allow yourself to be baited. Before you post, take a second to read what you wrote and decide if you could defend it a few days from now. I have only ever received one warning on this site and it was, I think, an accident. It is simply a matter of not allowing yourself to get suckered in to being angry.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Not knowing how to release your anger without breaking the T&C's is what these emoticons are for

:bash:

and most importantly
:bnghd:

Edit
I forgot
it's a bit extreme though
edit on 22-12-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Brood

Just do what I do... Go insane. Insane people have creative and original ways of putting the text based smack down.

If that doesn't work, do what most folks do... Lurk and yell at your monitor. Screaming obscenities at ones monitor, while flailing ones arms wildly, in disgust, is still within T&C.

~Heff

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by Brood

Just do what I do... Go insane. Insane people have creative and original ways of putting the text based smack down.

Speaking of sociopaths.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Methinks someone has gotten sideways with the staff, resulting in a little knuckle rapping.

I don't know from sociopathic totalitarians, but I believe they prefer to be referred to as, "The Best Staff on the Internet".

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

A rant done and a lesson learned:

Any "OMGclearlyourIQpreceedsyourageWillyoucontinuerampantlypretendinglikeyouknowwhatyoureactuallytalking
aboutyousillychild?"

Can effectively be replaced by one ""
edit on 23-12-2010 by Brood because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Haha.

Scare them off with mutual craziness... seems like an entertaining tactic at least

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
There was a reason that the mods of this site were chosen for the job, and they do the job well, we may not always agree when one of our posts is removed, especially if another members is left up and you feel theirs should have been removed.

Also, as I have found out, if you feel a post was wrongly removed, plead your case via U2U, you will find the mods can be very reasonable.

Without the mods this site would very quickly be subjected to some rather silly trolling.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I keep misreading this thread, with my bad eyesight, and I keep seeing AT&T is a Sociopathic entity.

I have ATT broadband. And yes, they are Sociopaths. Yes indeed they are

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

Thanks, and yes, the member is absolutely correct. If you think there has been an injustice, by all means, call us out on it! Let us know.

We're not omniscient, and we may not have read all of the pages of an especially long thread, etc. to always arrive at the right decision. We're human (well most of us, I think maybe a couple are reptoids, and at least one gray), and so, by definition, have our failings. But, that said, we're also all volunteers, and can be pretty reasonable.....

top topics

join