It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Merry Christmas 2010

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Hello all my friends.

I have made a habit of posting these threads every year. For the last several, I have posted threads bemoaning how Christmas has changed, or how slim it will be this year... but this year is different.

As I stroll down memory lane again, as I typically do this time of year, I see a year of changes... I have had doors open, second (third, fourth, fifth... I lose count) chances... I have seen good with the bad, and have a renewed hope in my spirit. The next stage of my projects is open to me now; I have a patent agent working with me. Christmas is not only covered financially, but possibly will open a business door as well. I lost my daughter this year, the most precious thing in my life, then realized that I had instead gained a son-in-law. She is now a true adult, making her own way and decisions... but still my little girl inside. I have watched my son bloom from a child to a man, planning the path his life will take and excelling at everything he tries. I have a chance to change what possibly is the single largest regret of my life: the lack of completion of a college degree. The state is allowing me the opportunity to complete my degree, albeit in computer science instead of engineering.

But the greatest gift I have received on this earth comes from those people who constantly remind me that I am more than just another redneck... more than I have been... more than I tend to be. They have given and continue to give me that most precious gift of all among man, the one which can hold no price and no measurable value, cannot be bought and sold, a gift that is always the right size, the right color, the right fit... hope.

I know this year, like all previous years, many people are hurting right now. The economy is in a shambles. But I tell you now, as someone who has finally learned a lesson being taught, there is still hope. There is still happiness ahead. There is still joy. They reside inside you, ready to spring forth as soon as you let them.

And of course, I cannot post this without mentioning the Reason for not just the season, but the One who also placed that hope, joy, and happiness where it belongs. Thank you Jesus, for all you have done for me and all you will do. May I someday be worthy of Your gifts.

Merry Christmas ATS, and may 2011 bring every member, no, every human on the planet nothing but good.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Wishing Each And Every One Of You A Very Merry Christmas And A Happy New Year! May you find the beauty and peace of the Season inspiring and filled with love.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

The way i look at it, is all humans are just all murderers, and you are saved at xmas. You have no idea of what is going on so just buy some presents and learn the english language.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by andyhello23

Ah.... someone needs some hot chocolate and a little holiday spirit....
Maybe add some schnapps, that should warm you up.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Merry Christmas ATS, and may 2011 bring every member, no, every human on the planet nothing but good.

TheRedneck

Merry Christmas back. Hope yours is wonderful and brings you much love.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Happy Holidays and Peace on Earth!!

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Merry Christmas all fellow ATS'ers.

Have a safe and wonderful holiday.

Im now off to bed, otherwise i wont get presents.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   

That was touching TheRedneck and I hope you continue to post these threads well into the future.

Merry Chrismas and all the best for the new year all and special thoughts go out to those who find it difficult to be Merry though hardships.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Cheers, and a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and everyone @ ATS.

I hope that it brings happiness and peace to you all, whatever your beliefs.

kode

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Ho Ho Ho!

I wish you a Merry Christmas as well Redneck!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and hope that your new business project opportunity will be a success!

In Scandinavia we start celebrating Christmas today on the 24th because of old Norse Pagan traditions, so I'm really looking forward to all the delicious food which I'm going to stuff myself full with in a few hours time from now!

God Jul!

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   

I'm working toward a degree too I know how hard it is!

Merry Christmas to you too TheRedneck!!

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Jovial, Jolly Jumping Jesusday Eve, everyone!!!

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Well this seems a worthy enough thread to extend my Christmas cheer to all the people of ATS! After this, I'm going firmly back into Scrooge mode!

Have a splendid Christmas my beauties!

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   

A very Merry Christmas from one redneck to another.

For me this Christmas has been gifts from the heart also.

My family and friends and I have learned the difference between want and need. That's a valuable lesson.

My younger brother was very ill and not supposed to live until Christmas,

We had a miracle and he came home from the Critical Care Unit 2 days ago.

It is my hope that what we are feeling this Christmas will continue throughout the year.

May your dreams come true.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Sorry wrong thread!
edit on 24-12-2010 by Chevalerous because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Merry Christmas to all..

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b063e8ad53b8.jpg[/atsimg]

Happy Christmas to all, hope everyone has a great day and a fantastic New Year

edit on 24-12-2010 by StarTraveller because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Merry Christmas to you and your family and hope you have a good one.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Hope you're enjoying your time together with family and friends. Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas. Good luck with your project in the coming year!

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
yes its late but, i hope everyone had a merry Christmas, and hope this year turns out as good if not better than the last.

new topics

top topics

join