It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conservative group: Obama will give ‘entire land mass’ of the US to ‘the Indians’

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
The implications of the term 'indigenous' can have some very deep and profound consequences as the other aspects of reality come to light. Darwinism is a very solid proven fact about how the land, law and culture develop. There is still a lot of contention and missing pieces as archaeological, lore and other historical studies continue the struggle. There are strong indications that our evolution process is in fact more galactic and universal than what is currently accepted.

To be recognised as indigenous it generally takes a process of many thousand of years to form connections between the elements of law, land and culture. This is evident in the ongoing views that white America has towards native America despite being part of the American entity for a few hundred years. Indigenous is a very slow, complex process in search for sustainability.

So what this means is everyone is indigenous in some way that maps through their genetic history over time. The implications are highly complex as we learn about our history and the associations that have been made.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Sounds to me like a dam good way to hand all of the debt, that is owed by the U.S over to the unknowing tribal leaders, then within days big banks come in and give the tribal leaders a verbatem assesment of the outstanding debt that the U.S owes, thus the constitution is gone, the rights of all individuals is gone, and obama and administration can leave with a straight face in tact, as their job has been completed and tptb now own the U.S.

Sounds like fiction huh?

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
It's a nice pipe dream but most of us indians do not think like the rest of the wasicu's sooooo think what you will but if this went through it would be catering to Agenda 21 and enslaving the indians even further to the powers that be....and anytime the UN is involved I will question every little thing that is said or planned or done.
the life you would live under a true indian lifestyle would be far better than the one you currently experience now.
and we might be able to cure you of your insanity too!

You can apply for an I.D. card at the Bureau of Caucasian Affairs

edit on 23-12-2010 by thegreatwolf because: forgot something

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Um well, if he gives all the land mass back to the in the indain natives, where does he plan of placing the dis-placed. ANd beyond that, I dont think the us`s who would loose our homes will jsut stand back and allow it to happen. This land was faught for more then once, Im game for keeping my home and land I worked hard to pay for. I do believe we should all try to work toether being we are all on the same land for over 300 years, I consider my caucasion self as native as a indian native.
I could consider this thread fear mongering.
edit on 23-12-2010 by prexparte because: left out a few words in mypost

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by thegreatwolf

I whe indain would like to think I the caucasion are accepted by the native americans, the native indians. I was born in america as were my past 5 generations of family. I consider myself native american caucasion. WE msut remember it is not me who took the land, this happen far before i was ever thought of. I do not like one bit of that which my ancestors of europe did to get this country, know some 300 years later here I am as native as you. So hoenstly asking what am I suppose to think and feel about this type a subject? This caucasion being the fall race for all past ill deeds just sucks a biggy. I wish the past would melt away but it wont. I get at odds with this subject and the slavery subject. I understand yet I dont. I didnt do anything to anyone and yet I must hear it nearly daily how bad the caucasions are...it just sucks.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon
He is just returning some stolen property..

2nd line

Wrong.

In order for something to be stolen, it must first be owned, and indians didnt believe in the idea of land ownership.

Nice try on the emotional level, but it failed miserably.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   

here is a large question, what does waisco mean? Im obviously a waisco. I thought I am caucasion.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I really don't know what to think of this. It seems like yet one more empty promise. If he really wanted to make things right, he'd check out the 300 plus broken treaties and do something about that.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   

As long as we get free money from your government for doing absolutely nothing, besides whining about land that and land this. Obviously not putting into perspective the American-Indian war.

. The resulting white-Indian conflicts often took a particularly brutal turn and ultimately resulted in the near-de-struction of the indigenous peoples.

In other words, you got your ass handed to you.

Thus northern tribes, especially those influenced by Mohawk chief Thayendanegea (Joseph Brant), generally sided with the Crown during the American War for Independenc

See, your tribes picked the losing team.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

First I would like to thank you for posting this. However, out of all of the links that you could of used as your main source, you decidedly went with the most over-sensationalized one, stating Pres Obama is giving the 'entire land mass of the US to the indians'. Not true!

If anything your thread heading should read:
Setting a new standard for tribal-US relations.

With the newly proposed UNDRIP, it will allow Indian Country to develop and advance itself so that way we can dig ourselves out of poverty as a whole(there are some rare tribes that are doing exceptionally well meanwhile ALOT are in 3rd world status within the U.S.).

Here's the best summary that I can put it into:

III. 1 Strengthening the Government-to-Government Relationship

As President Obama noted: – Washington can’t – and shouldn’t – dictate a policy agenda for Indian Country. Tribal nations do better when they make their own decisions. The record over the forty years since the United States adopted its policy of greater tribal autonomy is clear – tribal self-determination has enabled tribal governments to establish, develop, and enhance tribal institutions and infrastructure ranging from those addressing the health, education, and welfare of their communities to those such as tribal courts, fire protection, and law enforcement. The clear lesson is that empowering tribes to deal with the challenges they face and that taking advantage of the available opportunities will result in tribal communities that thrive.
Source

But what you really need to do is, ask yourself... What lead to this change?
Two words... Cobell Settlement.

It went under the radar considering on December 8, 2010, President Obama had signed legislation approving the Settlement and authorizing $3.4 billion in funds to American Indians. And out of that $3.4 billion - $1.9 billion will be going towards a Trust Land Consolidation Fund(I believe thats the land grab that your over-senstionalized heading was referring to).

The Trust Land Consolidation Fund will address the fundamental problem of fractionated land with an innovative program that encourages people with very small ownership rights that have little value to sell those lands back to the tribes so that the land can be owned collectively and used for the benefit of the entire tribal community.

American Indians shed blood, lost women, children, great leaders, labeled as 'terrorists' and were hunted down like animals while fighting the U.S. govt... But we also stood side-by-side with the U.S. govt to help win wars across the world (Navajo Code Talkers).

I was going to post this when Pres Obama signed it on Dec.8th, 2010. But figured people wouldn't really care. Its a means to correct a historical wrong.

Here's Pres. Obama signing the Cobell Settlement:

edit on 23-12-2010 by JWash because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-12-2010 by JWash because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigTimeCheater

Originally posted by Misterlondon
He is just returning some stolen property..

2nd line

Wrong.

In order for something to be stolen, it must first be owned, and indians didnt believe in the idea of land ownership.

Nice try on the emotional level, but it failed miserably.

Too true

As a native american 1 generation off of the rez, I can say with absolute certainty this is absurd. Whats also absurd is the ideas some non-NDNs have about rez life and their being no laws! LOL! The feds have a very unique relationship with the tribal elders and tribal law enforcement. Also, every tribe has different beliefs and laws. Its not like you can just turn it over to the indigenous and it be harmony. My tribe ( Blackfeet) werent peaceful little folks called a "civilized tribe" by the feds. Most of us love America and are Americans. Its the whites that have these weird ideas about what a native american feels on things.... and have the audacity to TELL us how we feel on things.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
The absolute worst that could come of this is that the U.S. Government would be committed to honoring the treaties that it struck with the aboriginal inhabitants.

What could possibly be wrong with that?

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Hey, will I be allowed to count coup on the current representatives?

I would like to give a few wacks to a few of them.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by JWash

I sincerely hope you do not take any offense to my OP, honestly. I was just posting news that I figured people might find interesting. I do thank you for your response with the information to set this whole argument straight.

It obviously went under the radar because American media cares not about the native inhabitants of this land. I never seen this as anything where the Native Americans such as yourself were in the wrong, I just figured maybe it had something to do with the UN trying to push some evil agenda by using natives as a ploy.

Side-note: I love the culture of the Natives, I have never been fortunate enough to experience it firsthand but I had spent much time reading about the history of the Native American spirituality, particularly that of the Hopi and I find it most intriguing.

The absolute love and respect given to animals, plants, earth, and Mother Nature in general is just outstanding. It to me represents a human era when living was based around humbleness and simplicity with a special understanding and attachment to our environment. I try and practice that every day as I try and become what is termed ‘Pagan’.

If you do not mind, can I send you a U2U with a couple questions regarding Native American spirituality and beliefs?

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Ahh, I got a thick hide. I was more concerned of your heading, would attract negative type of people using derogative comments. Just trying to side-step that.

I agree w/ you about UN might use this to push another agenda. I completely understand these concerns. My legitimate concerns are that Pres Obama is taking a Big interest in how American Indian Healthcare is ran.

As the federal budget gets tighter and tighter it makes sense to look for ways to cut administrative costs. A small office directly funding tribal programs at the Centers for Medicaid and Medicare is a lot more efficient than distributing money through some 37 state programs when the end payment eventually goes to either the Indian Health Service or a tribal contractor anyway. (If pitched smartly, states might even like this idea.)
Source

Basically the IHS(Indian Health Service) is federally funded, which means the govt allocates a certain amount of funds per fiscal year to that individual IHS center. For every uninsured patient who's NOT sick or is pregnant, gets evaluated to see if they're "severe" enough to be covered by that allocated funds. It's a nightmare!

If you would like to appeal the Dr's decision, your appeal will go before a 'review committee' AND if it's approved it would have to be submitted as a request/proposal to the U.S. govt and wait to see if it would be accepted in that fiscal yr. Like I said, its a nightmare. There's so much more. It's true.

I have been fortunate enough to be covered by my own health insurance(I don't go to IHS that much anymore, except to say Hi to friends) but I hear about it constantly by others.

Basically what I'm getting at here is: IHS would be the equivalent to the infamous "Universal Healthcare" that would be federally funded & controlled. I and anyone else who has used IHS(Indian Health Services) know its atrocious. Everything that "Universal Healthcare" was being proposed as and being turned down, reminds me very much like IHS, which I'm against....

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Your characterization (echoing the notoriously liberal, and frequently inaccurate, "RawStory" bloggers) of AFA as a "conservative group" is totally false and constitutes disinformation. You do not really consider ALL religious groups to be "conservative," do you? Then why parrot false characterizations?

You take a partisan statement by the infamously biased "RawStory" blog and use it to create a negative impression of true conservatives.

Why not explain exactly who and what made the statement in your thread title?

The wild claim comes by way of the American Family Association (AFA), a conservative non-profit focused on anti-gay initiatives.
This means President Obama "wants Indian tribes to be our new overlords," according to Bryan Fischer, AFA's "director of issue analysis."

[url=rawstory.com[Your (blog) "Source"[/url]

AFA is a religious organization, founded by a Methodist pastor. Even if RawStroy.com feels comfortable making false statements, does that justify repetition without correction?

Do you equate all religious organizations as "conservative," or just those whose philosophy you disagree with?

deny ignorance!

jw

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded

As long as we get free money from your government for doing absolutely nothing, besides whining about land that and land this. Obviously not putting into perspective the American-Indian war.
Free money, you mean the money that was created using stolen land, goods, and slave labor? You mean the crumbs that are given to the BIA for the running of the reservation (AKA the US concentration camp)? Those crumbs that rarely see the hands of the people? The ones running the BIA are corrupt whites and tag along indians who live just a little better then most don't confuse there words with those of the true humans. Im a Sioux man who rarely complains and never "whines" But I have made alot of ignorant punks like you whine, cry, and beg I already know your "type", your a racist coward who trembles in real life and becomes an invincible superman behind the protection of a computer screen, you make me laugh.

. The resulting white-Indian conflicts often took a particularly brutal turn and ultimately resulted in the near-de-struction of the indigenous peoples.

In other words, you got your ass handed to you.
You talk as if you were there or if you can take hundreds of years of history out of context. If you were there you would have seen YOUR peoples asses get handed to them time after time for hundreds of years by my people the Sioux amongst others. Now if you want to talk about thousands of trained soldiers slaughtering small bands of elderly, women and children in the middle of the winter under the cover of night while the few men are away on the hunt then YES we got our asses handed to us

Thus northern tribes, especially those influenced by Mohawk chief Thayendanegea (Joseph Brant), generally sided with the Crown during the American War for Independenc

See, your tribes picked the losing team.
You are so ignorant it makes me laugh, the person who you are replying to is Sioux. The wars you are refering to are the ones around the time of the founding of what is now known as america. Sioux tribes lived in the plains and the woodlands where the english amongst others feared to travel until they took over most of the east coast, try knowing some real history before you start copying and pasting disinformation written by romantic liars

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join