It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finger fossil linked to unknown human

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Definitely a more complex picture is emerging out of the evolutionary history of modern humans and our extinct relatives.
Here is more info on the source and the research done at UCSC : news.ucsc.edu...

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
oh yeah. i totally get this. they find a single bone from a finger, and this is extrapolated to say that it is a new form of human.

I am surprised that they didn't try to draw what it looked like based on that finger.

And we call this "science".

I'm not sure what's not to get. Did you read the article or just the OP? From the article:

The surprising discovery came after researchers analysed unusually well-preserved DNA from the bone. The findings, reported today in the journal Nature, confirmed that the specimen came from a young girl who was neither "modern human" nor Neanderthal.

It's not extrapolation.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
A new breed of woman huh?? How come they are all the same now....

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
thinking out loud:

the 30,000 year old bone in a Siberian cave...that date was in an era that Siberia was not
covered by glaciers... that Ice-Age began only 25,000 years ago and ended about 12,000 BCE

so the person's DNA is not modern human
but i wonder if the deviation is similar to the differences between the current 5 races of man today.
it could be her skin color was green...hey its not an impossibility...perhaps in the human collective
memory (passed down in Mythology) the green 'ogre' was from this line of people that lived in caves
or in distant, secluded places.

they should have named the finger bone (hummm...which finger? the 6th digit? )
"Melanie ",

~which is more appropriate, considering her 4%-6% connection to a modern sub-set of humans~

re:

The research suggests genetic material derived from Denisovians makes up around 4 per cent to 6 per cent of the genetic code of at least some Melanesians.

edit on 23-12-2010 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by megabyte

Your first few replies were a couple of winners huh?

Anyway, I think this is interesting, I'm always waiting for that missing link, there are undoubtedly plenty of these unknown humans scattered through the world. Siberia seems fitting.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
are you sure they didnt find it in a bowl of chili from wendies and not a siberian cave?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join