It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happened to Ignore?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Since the board changed it's scheme, I have not been able to ignore any more members or manage my ignores.
And why today I cannot use the search function? It brings up a blank page? What's going on?
Did they discontinue ignores?
Are you working on the site today and that is why I can't use the search function?

edit on 22-12-2010 by ldyserenity because: spelling

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

The ignore function has indeed gone, you have to manually ignore people now by not reading their posts

As for the search thing, that has only started happening today, I guess it's a maintenance issue

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ObviousTroll

Off topic...
Do you have anything of value to add?
That's all I want to know how to acess my ignores and how to search when a blank page is coming up.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   

I'm guessing by the user name that Obvious Troll is an Obvious Troll
edit on 22-12-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Look at there name. They might be worth ignoring.

Anyway, as far as I know, ignores are now gone for ever. There's a post about it somewhere though, I'll try and dig it up for you.

edit on 22-12-2010 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Thank you... so either don't read them or you can complain and have the post removed if in violation? Ok. this officially sucks you know what.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners

I'm guessing by the user name that Obvious Troll is an Obvious Troll
edit on 22-12-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

Well yeah..
lol

And it looks like they just registered the name yesterday probably have another profile as well.
edit on 22-12-2010 by ldyserenity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   

I never used it when we had it, but I would kind of like it back now.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Yeah it only allowed I think five members to be ignored.
How can they not just ban someone with the name like obvious troll?

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against

Look at there name. They might be worth ignoring.

Anyway, as far as I know, ignores are now gone for ever. There's a post about it somewhere though, I'll try and dig it up for you.

edit on 22-12-2010 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

Yeah it mustve been at the time when I wasn't logging in and had math finals. I must've missed it.
thank you.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Well he / she only just joined.

I'm guessing they won't last till the end of the day

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
There are a couple of things that had to go by the wayside, victims of overall site popularity

Ignore function was one of them. You might also have noticed, the threads don't display a Friend or Foe designation for those members who may be on one of your personal lists for that. It's still there in your profile, but you won't see those distinctions within a thread.

Basically, the forum threads now display the same for everyone, without consideration of friend/foe/ignore. It really just took up too much juice to display a unique presentation to each and every member, based upon individual criteria. Querying by "show this person but not that one" or "show these as friend and these as foe" slowed us down to thresholds deemed unacceptable.

Right now for example, there are upwards of 4,200 people (members and not) reading the forums. That's a load.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I want ignore back. There is a certain female poster who constantly posts about sex related posts and touchy feely threads I want to remove her from my view as the content is way below top secret. Please bring back ignore with unlimited ignores.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by dntwastetime
I want ignore back. There is a certain female poster who constantly posts about sex related posts and touchy feely threads I want to remove her from my view as the content is way below top secret. Please bring back ignore with unlimited ignores.

Aren't those against T&C anyway, sexual content? I mean if that is the MAIN element of the thread? Just like illicit drug use? I don't know for sure, anyway you can probably check up on that.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

Understandable.
I see but what about the search function thing it opens a white blank window and doesn't display the results of your search?

NVM-Fixed
Goody

edit on 22-12-2010 by ldyserenity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
An ignore button on a site that calls to deny ignorance?

Ignore fans sounds like people who only want to read their own oppinions and shut anyone elses out..

Be glad the ignore is gone, you can't deny ignorance when you hush everyone you don't like up, a one sided debate is not fun for reading nor is it interesting.

top topics

join