It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Executive Order Targets Fourth Amendment

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by GovtFlu

Your response is not accurate and ignores the statement. Al Queida and the Taliban, under the UN Articles and Genevea Convention, do not meet full criteria to fall under POW status. The reason for this has been spelled out many times before, namely no uniforms, no discernable chain of command, wearing clothing that civilians wear, in addition to using schools / mosques and hospitals as areas to stockpile weapons and to shoot and allied forces.

Any person who is caught in this manner, under UN Charter and Geneva Convention, are placed under the legal system of the country who captured them, and are subject to the laws of either the military in terms of a tribunals, or civilian criminal courts.

The manner prescribed is up to the country who captured them.

As far as your comment and others about judges and not ebeing elected at the FEderal level, I dont know how else to get it through to peeople that the United States is NOT a Democracy, its a Representative Republic, which means the people who are elected by the people act on their behalf as their representatives.

Which means Federal Judges who are appotined and go through the nomination process are placed into their positions by the people through their reps.

Our Judicial branch is independant, and the same is true for the UCMJ and the military judicial system. Anyone who is tried and convicted under either system is allowed to use the appeals process, all the way to the USSC, which has been done in a few cases now that have redefined the manner in which detainees are treated and what they are allowed access to legally.

If you dont like what America is doing with detainees, then dont get caught, or better yet, dont take up arms. If you are going to in an effort to defend your homeland (Afghanistan or Iraq) thats fine as its expected, but again dont bitch when you get caught.

Personally I would rather be locked up than taken to the middle of a soccer field where "elders" determine my fate based off their opinions and interpretation of the Quran with no ability to defend myself, cross examine those accusing me, having access to the evidence against me, and then having my throat slit while a brain washed crowd shouts allah akhbar beuase if they dont, they will be summarily executed as an affront to Islam.

Yeah.... tough choice there.

These extremist muslims want a jihad against the US. Thats fine, and its within their right to do so, but it also means the US is going to fight back.

Better to kill extremists who hijacked a religion in some other country than ours.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
This isnt an obama thing, or a right/left thing. This is an american tyranny thing.

Until you all learn that the parties are just two heads to the same coin, none of this matters.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded

Remember when Barry .....

I never referred to the last POTUS as "Junior", "George" or otherwise and I thought that man was an idiot and war monger.

Any article that opens by refering to the POTUS as "Barry"...really...who can take it serioussly?

Originally posted by Whereweheaded

Now comes word that Obama will sign an executive order that will formalize indefinite detention without trial of detainees kidnapped on the battlefields of undeclared and illegal wars.

"Comes word"?....I read the article in full and can't find any source or link for the executive order claim.

This article is hate fiction until evidence to the contrary is provided.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1   >>

join