It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks: All 250,000 cables reported leaked in Norway

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Wikileaks: All 250,000 cables reported leaked in Norway

www.boingboing.net

Wikileaks has not granted any news organization this access, and has instead been providing access to relatively small batches, one at a time (what the Herald Sun calls "drip-feeding"). How did Aftonbladet get access? They won't say, and Wikileaks won't either, but one guess could involve the database being stored on a server within Norway.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
As usual... we are the elite

You see, when it's being communicated electronically, there is no assumption of security at all....

Just like the song in that link says... "Security is a Joke! It has been for a while"...

There is no NWO... unless they communicate via carrier pigeon....

Honestly there are no authorities out there who can keep secrets... it just can't happen in this day and age when everything is transmitted in such an insecure format as "electronic media"...

When will we get to see these? That's my next question :-)

www.boingboing.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
The newspaper is Aftenposten (not Aftenbladet).
They only publish in Norwegian right now, so only people, who understand the language can tell us, what they publish.
They said, they will post, what they find worth it and only they decide, what is interesting.

A thread about this exists already here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Aftonbladet

Is a Swedish newspaper, just saying.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Bah, more selective releases...I mean grow a pair and release the whole thing. It's only those who have something to hide or are guilty are at fault, not those behind wikileaks or cryptome

I've just about given up, some of these cables just prove what conspiracy theorists have known for decades. Out of these select releases, the press selects the ones that reinforce an agenda against their enemies, like Iran and North Korea. I can plainly see I'm being played

What's the password?

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

I can see justification for not releasing indiscriminately... there may be some cables concerning covert military operations, etc, which being released could alert the targets of said operations and lead to soldiers being killed, and potentially legitimate operations being compromised. Say, for example, if a particular person was planning to capture and bring to justice Kim Jong il or Bob Mugabe, and a leak detailing this operation was released. I imagine Kim Jon il would blow up South Korea AND the covert agent's country of origin, and Bob Mugabe would kill the agent and shut off the water supplies to a couple of villages for good measure.

So full, blind disclosure not good... Only if it's not the sort of thing that SHOULD be kept secret should it be released.

top topics

join