It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anomalous Canals and Geometric Structures on Titan!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Titan It is the only moon in the Solar System known to have clouds and a thick, planet-like atmosphere.
After the amazing statement that "Titan may hold Alien life" www.abovetopsecret.com... and after the misteryous incident "Safe Mode"(?) on Cassini space probe, before its epochal rendevouz (flyby) with Titan. www.abovetopsecret.com... saturn.jpl.nasa.gov... I digged a bit on this misteryous world.

Titan is the largest moon of Saturn, the second largest in the Solar System (after Ganymede of Jupiter). It was discovered by Christiaan Huygens in 1655.

Its thick atmosphere is rich in organic compounds. Some of them would be signs of life if they were on our planet.

www.esa.int...

Research by astrobiologist William Bains suggests that if life has evolved on the frozen surface of Saturn's moon, Titan, it would be strange, smelly and explosive compared to life on Earth. Dr Bains will present his work at the National Astronomy Meeting in Glasgow on Tuesday 13th April.

www.astro.gla.ac.uk...

Digging, On the Nasa website I found this image taken by Huygens ESA probe, during its descent on Titan, called "Building Our New View of Titan" June 1, 2007 : saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...

This composite was produced from images returned on 14 January 2005, by ESA's Huygens probe during its successful descent to land on Titan. It shows the boundary between the lighter-coloured uplifted terrain, marked with what appear to be drainage channels, and darker lower areas. These images were taken from an altitude of about 8 kilometres with a resolution of about 20 metres per pixel.

Enlarging and zooming in this epochal image I found some strange anomalies, detected even by the NASA/ESA scientists.

Details of Canals, Arcs and geometric shapes like structures enhanced in yellow.

Geometric structures/buildings

Canals and Arcs

Canals and Arcs

Agglomerate like a town

Comments and opinions are welcome.

edit on 22-12-2010 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I enjoyed the pics. Although I really think there are perfect quality pictures of the entire solarsystem. Its just to release them would be like telling N.K. inhabitants that the world is more advanced then they are allowed to know. I can feel there is more visual data THERE HAS TOO BE. Thanks for your pics OP S&F for learning me somethhing new today..

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Thanks for your words.

You are always welcome!

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Very nice information, I have never done any research on Titan, but I think I may try now. Thanks OP S&F

Why is this listed in skunk works though?

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by kyrebelyell2004
Very nice information, I have never done any research on Titan, but I think I may try now. Thanks OP S&F

Why is this listed in skunk works though?

Thanks.
Any help is well accepted!

Maybe mods can move this in appropriate Theads Forum like " Space exploration".

********Service Comunication to the Mods**********

Suddenly I cant view the "My Favorite Forums"....

Note: Section disabled for upgrade.

? For real? What happen. Help please.
edit on 22-12-2010 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

great info. lots of interesting "things"to see.

if these infos and images can be validated or at least acknowledged by say Nasa et al, which btw really puzzles me why do they have to be so "unreachables" when other researches aside from theirs pops up, then i think we can shift gears and bring our enlightenement bout "et's" to a higher level.

keep 'em up mate...

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by alphaMegas
reply to post by Arken

great info. lots of interesting "things"to see.

if these infos and images can be validated or at least acknowledged by say Nasa et al, which btw really puzzles me why do they have to be so "unreachables" when other researches aside from theirs pops up, then i think we can shift gears and bring our enlightenement bout "et's" to a higher level.

keep 'em up mate...

Thanks alphaMegas

I agree and appreciate your words.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Another strange detail cropped from this amazing image.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
S & F for a marvelous find!

I wasn't aware that images of this detail were available of Titan. Thanks for providing me with yet another rabbit-hole into which I can delve.

That really does look like a walled town on the coast - makes me wonder what they need protection FROM?

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Yes , a very excellent display, thanks OP .

even without the colorizing, I find if you squint your eyes
almost to the point of closing,

you find that things resolve themselves rather nicely
(and in the pictures as well
)

You gotta think man , 'as if' that moon isn't inhabited.

And the view of the solar system would be second to none.

Just ask the other satellite of Saturn, that 'fullerene' Kinder Egg joke.............

G.

edit on 22-12-2010 by gypsychology909 because: space

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

didnt we go through all this over 100 years ago ? with the canals of mars ??

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
didnt we go through all this over 100 years ago ? with the canals of mars ??

You were here that long ago?

Oh and NASA is at it again...

They find microbes in Antarctica that are millions of years old and are working to revive them Andromeda Strain anyone?

They find arsenic based microbes in California, saying it will help them find life 'out there' and we find that one of the Scientists on that team is molecular biologist on the Titan team...

And then there is this...

NASA scientists found evidence of life on Titan, Saturn’s largest moon. This was discovered by the spacecraft “Cassini”, which delivered two reports.

According to the experts the “data provided by the spacecraft, was analyzed despite the chemical complexity of the surface of Titan, the only known moon that has a dense atmosphere. Its surface is steep and it formed by mountains, lakes and rivers, leading astronomers to say that this moon is the closest to Earth in the Solar System. Were detected organic elements and chemicals in Titan, but the planet is no formed by liquid water, but methane, as scientists suspect life on Titan is based on methane. “

momento24.com...

So now we have methane based life too Way to go NASA

Titan's Ethane Lake

Credit: NASA/JPL
This artist concept shows a mirror-smooth lake on the surface of the smoggy moon Titan.

Cassini scientists have concluded that at least one of the large lakes observed on Saturn’s moon Titan contains liquid hydrocarbons, and have positively identified ethane. This result makes Titan the only place in our solar system beyond Earth known to have liquid on its surface.

www.nasa.gov...

Hmmm Same shade of NASA orange they used on Venus

edit on 22-12-2010 by zorgon because: Classified

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tholidor
S & F for a marvelous find!

I wasn't aware that images of this detail were available of Titan. Thanks for providing me with yet another rabbit-hole into which I can delve.

That really does look like a walled town on the coast - makes me wonder what they need protection FROM?

An harbor on a methane sea/lake?

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by gypsychology909
Yes , a very excellent display, thanks OP .

even without the colorizing, I find if you squint your eyes
almost to the point of closing,

you find that things resolve themselves rather nicely
(and in the pictures as well
)

You gotta think man , 'as if' that moon isn't inhabited.

And the view of the solar system would be second to none.

Just ask the other satellite of Saturn, that 'fullerene' Kinder Egg joke.............

G.

edit on 22-12-2010 by gypsychology909 because: space

Step by step we find life everywhere in our solar system..... I bet..... And a lot.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Hello Arken, as always you bring great news for us. Titan is really intriguing.

About the pictures:

Geometric structures / buildings
The structure looks like a sports stadium. But there must be some structure of mining.
Canals and Arcs
It could be a wall or pipe system, or bridges. I Think That Those lines on the Titan surface are artificial.
Agglomerate like a town
Looks like a mining camp.

Here you see something interesting too. These artificial structures which I have no doubt about, are resembling the way of building that is quite similar to the way humans built in the early ages. Take a look, I think you would like.

S&F.

Cheers.

edit on 23-12-2010 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

Amazing and clear!

Always good inputs from you RUSSO!

BTW.... I also Bet on the 3th NASA hypotesis.

You merit a Flag for this video!
Star!

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Thanks Arken, but the merit is all yours for bringing our attention to Titan.

2011 promises to be a great year for discoveries.

I am glad to be able to contribute with your threads.

All the best.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
From PIA06438_br500 image.......

A skeleton?

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I watched that youtube clip and I struggled to see all these so called structures that are supposed to be on titan i am not saying they are not there but i would think a better camera would be in call to make a better judgement i just cant say hand on my heart that anything in that clip says structures to me. But well done to the guy who made the clip it must of taken some time.

new topics

top topics

join