It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aviation Charts for TNX and not for Groom lake (KXTA)???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
www.airnav.com...

How come there are publications from above of all the Departure / Arrival charts for TNX and not for Grrom Lake (KXTA)??? Just scroll down were you see all the downloads for these.

So why they would have aviation charts for TNX, and not for Groom?

thx in advance.

edit on 22-12-2010 by darpa999 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Nice find.

I don't recall if I posted it on ATS, but a few weeks ago there was a NOTAM for TNX that mentioned changes in procedures. Since I never had the name of any TNX procedures, let alone two, I now had something to file in a FOIA. I just got the acceptance letter from the FAA last week. Maybe somebody decided it was about time the instrument procedures were published since they were about to be released via FOIA.

Here is the NOTAM in question:

KTNX TONOPAH TEST RANGE V0428/10 - [DOD PROCEDURAL NOTAM] STANDARD INSTRUMENT DEPARTURE (SID) CHANGED HYNSO ONE AND MITZI 2 DEPARTURES TQQ VORTAC OTS. 10 NOV 16:22 2010 UNTIL 16 DEC 10:00 2010. CREATED: 10 NOV 16:23 2010

I'm not holding my breath for Groom Lake procedures to be published. Now the question is when do they hold an open house at the TTR for the general public. Oh, and an airshow with some retired F117a would be nice.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
So, whay not for Groom lake then? Any reasons why?
So, would Groom lake would be more secrative than TNX?

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Take a look at this:

Aircraft operations: 200/year * 100% transient general aviation * for 12-month period ending 14 December 1983

from the airnav page

Airnav TTR

They easily do a dozen Janet operations a day. What a bunch of fecal matter. Of course, it does say the traffic in 1983.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by darpa999

While the powers that be admit Groom Lake exists, they don't admit much else about the base. The existence of the TTR was never a secret. It was always mentioned in the Sandia yearly reports. The TTR was actually useful since it gave air traffic control a destination of the Janet flights, even if half the flights went to Groom Lake instead.

Note that while the TTR is out of the closest, KDRA went into the closest. Go figure. Flightaware doesn't record traffic there anymore. Basically KDRA went private.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Here is a summary of the aviation fixes and frequencies from the airnav documents

JEPAR
JANAV
OSRIE
HUBON
JADPU
ROCEN
PALAE
DRAKO
JIREM
JESVO
WATLU
FALAK
RUDII
COPAR
LOZMO
HUGER
ITAVE
IRAVE
EXITT
STOFF

Silverbow tower 124.75 257.95
ground 127.25 335.5
Pilot to Dispatcher 119.45 233.95

VOR 113.0 TQQ
localizer I-RVP 108.3
localizer I-UVV 111.7

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by gariac
Take a look at this:

Aircraft operations: 200/year * 100% transient general aviation * for 12-month period ending 14 December 1983

from the airnav page

Airnav TTR

They easily do a dozen Janet operations a day. What a bunch of fecal matter. Of course, it does say the traffic in 1983.

Back then IIRC the only operators at TNX were the Red Eagles with their DACT MiGs. They weren't flying 24/7 but even then 200 seems on the low side.

new topics

top topics

join