It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bracing for WikiLeaks, BofA Buys Nasty Domain Names

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Bracing for WikiLeaks, BofA Buys Nasty Domain Names

www.newser.com

Despite reports to the contrary, Bank of America hasn’t actually been confirmed as WikiLeaks’ next target, but it appears to think it is. The company has reportedly created a “war room” to brainstorm ways to minimize the damage, according to Fast Company. One of those methods? Buying up potentially damaging domain names, like “BrianMoynihanSucks.com” and “BrianMoynihanBlows.com” —even “BrianTMoynihanSucks.org.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.newser.com

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   

The bank is aggressively buying "sucks" and "blows" domain names for many of its directors and senior executives, with hundreds registered on December 17 alone, according to Domain Name Wire. So here’s the question: Are there specific sucking or blowing allegations in the alleged WikiLeaks trove? Or is this just a general, half-assed protection? Quick, somebody go register BrianMoynihanRapedAndMurderedaYoungGirlin1990.com

Well, well. Here we have BOA on preemptive damage control. Who knows what the leaks will reveal, but after this story I now cannot wait to see what's in these banking leaks. They're scared. They have a war room. That's enough to get me curious about what happening with my hard earned money.

With regard to the registered domain names, maybe some enterprising member of ATS can find the DNS info on those websites to verify the truth for us skeptical MSM readers.

FAST Company: www.fastcompany.com...

(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 22-12-2010 by Jason88 because: URL fixing

edit on 22-12-2010 by Jason88 because: clarity

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
This is almost as damaging as anything wikileaks can do, almost more so. The best way to handle wikileaks is to ignore but it's so funny to watch the government and the banks take the bait and look like scumbags in the process. You got to give Julian credit for one thing, he's probably the greatest living troll in the world right now.

I'll bet donuts to dollars what wikileaks has isn't even that bad but Assnage is terrifying TPTB, I guess that's why he's a terrorist.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by JoeMaine

So true. The banks and governments reaction is more newsworthy than the actual leaks - I mean, come on, they're acting guilty.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
They also own BofASucks.com

I was going to register it, but they beat me to it. They registered it in 2008

Registrant:
Domain Admin
Bank of America
1201 Main Street TX1-609-29-11
Dallas TX 75202
US
[email protected] +1.4692018544 Fax: +1.4692018592

Domain Name: bofasucks.com

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
How about bofastealshome.com

Or bankofamericahomeless.org?

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
What would be really funny in all this hype about BoA and its director's is if there was nothing really exciting in the release and they've bought all these domains up for nothing, but it would tell us the people just what the're top people are actually doing and they gave it all away them selfs

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
An admission of guilt?

Had WL been my operation, this would have been my opening salvo. This is a topic many can relate to and it would have done wonders for WL's credibility. Better late than never I guess.

The criminal financial empire is the head of the snake. Taking it out is beneficial to everyone except those looting it.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
To put a positive spin on this, they could be be creating jobs for people to sit and come up with insulting things. I wonder what the salary is, and if it's anything like writing these new fortune cookies (easy and lame). I think I could do this job from home, I wonder if you can apply for it at their website ...

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
This has to be one of the stupidest things I've ever heard a company do.

Someone there surely must know the effort will be naught. Whoever came up with this idea does not understand the internet, or the ingenuity of people. THEY should also be fired. For 1. being stupid, and 2. trying to help cover up nefarious acts.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Im pretty sure everyone already knows what the content of the leaks will be. I have good friends in both the Chase and Wells Fargo operations and they tell me all the time that both of these institutions are only interested in one thing, fees. They will stop at nothing to rape you with as many fees as they possibly can by a number of different methods, one being rearranging debits from an account to maximize their profits at the customers expense. They sell this under the premise that if you pay your mortgage being your largest deduction, you will want this to go through your account first if you do not have the funds to cover all pending transactions, thus maximizing the fees by attaching overdrafts to each subsequent charge past the largest payment. Also, I believe the documents show that banks are not 'always right'. This is their prize. If the american public loses the perception that the bank is always right, the consumer has a leg to stand on in court should we ever choose to fight the banks and there erroneous fees. Moreover, their returns on your money that you deposit which they turn around and invest are 10 to 20 fold higher than what they claim.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by againuntodust

I couldn't agree with you more. So these domain names are bought, but that will not stop creative Internet users from finding other, more meaningful ways to discuss the criminal behavior of this bank and others. It's practically insulting that they think this "proactive move" will stop the deluge of negativity headed their way.
edit on 30-12-2010 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join