It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The masonic Secrets.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by vcwxvwligen

Originally posted by network dude

Originally posted by vcwxvwligen
That's well and fine, but Christianity says that you teach to people by preaching the word of God in full sincerity, not dropping subtle hints.

and that's fine, except in masonry, we aren't teaching the word of God, we are teaching good men to be better men. They should already have a firm grasp on God long before they enter our doors.

(that's why they have churches)

The Masons are not teaching the word of God, but they're speculating about who He is, what He's about and what He expects from people -- outside of the Church.

In a way that might be partially true, but not like that. God is left up to the individual. We don't try to break it down for discussion, you should already know who he is before you become a mason. We teach Friendship, morality, brotherly love, charity. We as individuals most likely do the things you mentioned, but so would anyone who was a spiritual man. A lot of masons are active in their church and do those kinds of things there. Just like if you go bowling, you may say a prayer while you are there, but it isn't a religious experience. (unless you suck yet bowl a 300)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Well instead of bealiving everything you are told by the richest non-profit organisation in the world namely the church...

Maybe, just maybe Lucifer is somthing different from what you have heard..

Me personaly? Im no Mason, and have 0 interest in joining because all the secrets my hearts desire have been shown too me, and I can tell you there not scatterd around the world cryptic in some book burried in a toomb below the pyramid that the government dont want you too see, thayr not ferther then your nose is.

I have heard 33rd degree masons prays Lucifer live on youtube, but maybe its not what you think?!

Spirit is the key, love the answer, light the destination... its just what ive learned.. you cant take this intoo accaunt or ignore it, its is clearly up to each of us to find thayr own truth.

"Trust the people who seek the truth, doubt the ones that find it"

Peace love unity respect

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by kera1337

I can only speak to the first 32 degrees. In them, Lucifer is not mentioned. We pray to God.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

This really!

It would make absolutely no sense, if masons where to pray or worship Lucifer, as it has been repeated for ages now, Lucifer isn't an entity, its not even a name! It means lightbringer! Ergo, someone who is bringing knowledge!

It has also been well documented, that masons pray to TGAOTU, which stands for the great architect of the universe, which is just another word for God!

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Schrödinger

I guess that one will never go away.

Actually in my lodge the opening prayer starts like "Most holy and glorious Lord God...."
we are in the south, I like to say the buckle of the Bible belt. Nobody seems to have a problem with it.

If I could just take the people who mistakenly believe these things and plop them into the lodge to let them see for real, I would. But I guess having that bit of mystery is still a good thing. Who knows.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

You say its all on the web for the most part. One big difference you know what to look for! most people don't.
edit on 11-1-2011 by brokenbullet56 because: grammer

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

You are a 32nd degree? Then maybe you can shed some light on something for me (my brother wants me to join).
What is the initiation like?
Do you have books "instructions" on how to perform them?
Are they different every time?

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
[if ur a 32nd degree mason what are u doing on this website? gathering info about the topics we discuss to bring back to ur "brothers"? i think ur full of shyt!!!

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by brokenbullet56

What do you want to know, and I will point you in the right direction. There are a few things I obligated myself not to say, and they are readily available on the web.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by GunzCoty

You are a 32nd degree? Then maybe you can shed some light on something for me (my brother wants me to join).
What is the initiation like?
Do you have books "instructions" on how to perform them?
Are they different every time?

It's best to go through the initiation not knowing what to expect. The first lesson in masonry is taught that way. If you want to find out what happens, I can tell you where to look for that, but as I said, it's like knowing whats in your Christmas presents before Christmas day.

There are a few books we get, but only after you become a master mason. All the training (memory work) is done mouth to ear. It sounds like a lot to deal with, but lots of people have done it. In fact, every master mason has done it.

The degrees are similar but different in the lessons that are taught. The third is very interesting and a lot of fun for both the candidate and the lodge.

There is nothing satanic or evil about it. It builds good men into great men. If you or he has any questions, just let me know.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by PublikOUTLAW
[if ur a 32nd degree mason what are u doing on this website? gathering info about the topics we discuss to bring back to ur "brothers"? i think ur full of shyt!!!

we are particularly interested in people who have the unique capability of swearing on forums, yet getting away with it. I will have to let my brother know about you. If you hear three distinct knocks at the door, be afraid. Be very afraid. muhahahaha.

Actually, most of us are 32nd degree masons. If you join the Scottish Rite, you become a 32nd degree. It's much more difficult to become a 3rd degree mason.The numbers above 3 only matter in that group. Like in the scottish rite, all are 32nds, but you have KCCH (red caps) and then the 33rds (white caps). The 33rd are usually older gentleman.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by PublikOUTLAW

Thank you for that eloquent and well written prize winning piece.

Don't forget about the few of us devoted York Rite Masons.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

sorry about that. You guys are so quiet over there in the corner, we tend to forget about you.
How many are there here? I think only a few.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
The Masons that have contributed in this thread are quite correct, namely K Sig and Dude. All that you want to know can be found on the web without too much digging, and no you do not need to be a Mason to know where to look.

On saying that though, Dude and K Sig, who are far more experienced in the Craft than I, seem only too happy to point you in the right direction. Then again, so I am, with the limited knowledge I presently possess.

We are not here to corrupt or decieve you and will gladly assist as and when we are able.

Those of you who are still not convinced, please visit:

www.freemasons-freemasonry.com...

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLoneArcher

Thanks Lone Archer. There is also this site: Grand Lodge of British Columbia-Yukon. They have a fantastic search engine and the sight is filled with great articles, many with sources.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason

Don't forget about the few of us devoted York Rite Masons.

Or slacker Craft Lodgers

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
well for one I was wondering what your beliefs were?, or if you know what our beliefs should be? you could point me in that direction to start! also I was thinking of joining my local lodge here in B.C. so what about canadian masons and are they different?, im obviously speculative of joining, also anyone my age? (early 20's) or are people my age interested in the stuff behind mainstream life a unique thing

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by brokenbullet56
well for one I was wondering what your beliefs were?, or if you know what our beliefs should be? you could point me in that direction to start! also I was thinking of joining my local lodge here in B.C. so what about canadian masons and are they different?, im obviously speculative of joining, also anyone my age? (early 20's) or are people my age interested in the stuff behind mainstream life a unique thing
You may be too young... it seems to me like you're asking the wrong questions. I can't tell you what to believe. That's up to you. Freemasonry isn't going to tell you if you're right or wrong in your faith. That's not what it's here for. It just gives you tools that you can use in conjunction with your own belief system. It's not a replacement.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

I am so sorry. How could I have omitted you from my list of knowledgeable Masons?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Let me try again, What is the function of the masons, what is the purpose of the secrecy if nothing is truly secret, and what is the point of all the symbolism and landmark that the masons place. What is the reason the secrets cannot be told, and what do I have to look forward to or expect upon joining
edit on 13-1-2011 by brokenbullet56 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join