It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For the attention of Moderators and the site owner - We need a dislike flag on ATS

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
As you all know, there have been various unintelligent posts making to the top of ATS. This simply shouldn't happen in a forum where there are serious seekers of valuable information and debate . There have been significant disinformation and more than that, we have had trolls .. Some of the arguments are simply not worth the time of people here ..

I agree with free speech.. But there is no need to tolerate unintelligent speech here .. and all of us have the right to freely admit what is intelligent and what is not ..

Moderators, and the owner of this site, please design a dislike flag here in this forum .. Fellow ATSers, please star and flag this thread so that it gets to the top of ATS and the people in charge listen to what we think is required here ..

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Reply to post by skywalker_

I agree with free speech.. But there is no need to tolerate unintelligent speech here

Define "unintelligent" please.

I love "I believe in ...." lines with caveats. Great stuff.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by skywalker_

I agree, it would be really good to have a pro and negative flagging system.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by skywalker_
and all of us have the right to freely admit what is intelligent and what is not ..

Why not do so in post? Perhaps you can explain what you believe is unintelligent instead of doing a drive-by by poking an anti-kudos button. I do it all the time... and what better way to stimulate conversation?

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   

I am almost afraid to ask,are my
posts and threads included in this?

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
All information is valueable

Sometimes you read a post and feel enlightened after
Sometimes you read a post and realize how enlightened you are comparatively

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
boy does this idea sound ripe for abuse....

True a thumbs up/down would help in some rankings of what makes the top 100...
but what's to stop people from ganging up on topics they don't like???

maybe it's better to just do away with the whole ranking system as it is now????

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
if you dislike something...dont post !
and its gone soon...

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

Yeah mamabeth. You're the main one. (j/k)

I think posts that start out like this would be a prime example of why a neg flag system could be used:

Originally posted by Mooradian
Today during my math class I asked to go to the bathroom..

Simply put, i was taking a dump, texting my gf, when a calendar even randomly popped up...

Brings down the intelligence level of the board, I think.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Having a negative flag would enable an organised group of shills to bury threads.

In my opinion this is a bad idea as you open up a whole can of worms for very little gain.

Is anybody really unable to filter out the rubbish for themselves?

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
if you dont like it dont read it, dont post in it, move along

grow up

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Do what I do and just ignore it,if you can't then you will only bring negativity.Or better yet....help them deny their ignorance without the negativity or snarkiness.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer
Why not do so in post? Perhaps you can explain what you believe is unintelligent instead of doing a drive-by by poking an anti-kudos button. I do it all the time... and what better way to stimulate conversation?

for you.

Here's my question - if there's some sense that the starring and flagging system is being "abused" why would anyone think a "dislike" flag wouldn't be?

Disclaimer - I was never a fan of the starring or flagging concept, but it's grown on me. Flagging specifically. Initially, I thought the star capability would significantly reduce the one-line "I agree" type posts, but I'm not sensing that's any longer the case. We still get those in droves, along with the addition of "second line" which any staffer will tell you, only compounds the offense.

Just sayin'.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Agree with other posters, having negative stars or negative flags will just create conspiracies where people gang up on other members.

If you don't like someone's posts or think they're a troll, just ignore them, that's the best way

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I agree... it would be a good thing to have a dislike option. Maybe it will cut down on the need for people to post long winded replies of they're dislike for the view or topic. ( I'm guilty for ranting on topics of dislike.
No problem accepting the favour in return either.) but I still think it could reduce threads from 12 pages to 4.
edit on 22-12-2010 by PsychNurse because: Because... I had a brain fart

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I want to put a point forward to all those saying “if you don’t like it don’t post”.

ATS NEEDS people who don’t like posts and threads to comment on them, ATS NEEDS the people who are willing to point out when they think a thread is BS. Without these members nothing on ATS would be challenged and as such anything could be posted no matter how detached form reality and with everyone being too polite to push the BS button on the thread , even the most crazy stuff on ATS would be accepted. ATS NEEDS people who will argue the other side of a thread, you can’t deny ignorance when you only look at one side of the argument or when you only look at one persons views on a thread and as a result ATS NEEDS people who don’t like a thread to give their views, comments and counterarguments.

Just had a brave wave, we could call this button the “BS Button”

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

I think that is fully expressed in the threads as they are being commented on.
how much more negativity needs to be expressed than already is?

quit whining

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by aliengenes

I was talking about specifically the idea that if you don’t like a thread don’t comment on it, not the negative flagging system. Although i do think its a good idea.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   

I agree with you whole heartily, just had the same thought about 5 minutes ago while reading a stupid thread about atheists being bad. Maybe we could do minus flags for threads and minus stars for bad posts. Also a view count would be good so we can see the most looked at threads, as people are either not members or are not signed in and would be nice to gauge the amount of views said threads have.
Just a couple of suggestions Mods, cheers

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

what do you think stars are for? it goes both ways and that should be good enough

<<   2  3  4 >>

join