It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Real Census Story: A Hispanic Voter Boom

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   

We now know which states will lose and gain representation next year, but the real Census-politics story won't be written for a few months, when we find out how many Hispanic voters the country has gained.

The answer will affect more than just House seats: It could put typically red Sun Belt states in the blue column for presidential elections to come.

Census officials have been predicting a sharp rise in the Hispanic population, based on the 2000 population numbers, for the past few years. They'll release the 2010 race/origin breakdowns in February or March, confirming or denying their yearly best guesses.

Republicans should be happy about reapportionment, at first glance.

www.theatlantic.com...

I wonder if the GOP is considering a strategic move to try to lure Hispanics in the the Republican fold after being the party of trashing "illegals" which translates as "anti Hispanic" to many Hispanics.

Changing demographics can be a crucial component in campaign planning and can make the difference in winning and losing.

I feel one of the reasons that Hispanics are registering to vote in record numbers is because of the GOPs perceived anti Hispanic stance. It's very apparent in the Beck, Rush, Sean tirades and could turn around and bite them in the butt come 2012.

Political Strategist for hire....call whaaa @ [505]***-****

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

...I feel one of the reasons that Hispanics are registering to vote in record numbers is because of the GOPs perceived anti Hispanic stance....

This is typical Democrat/Progressive think. Hispanics ARE NOT DUMB. They are a lot more politically savvy than many Americans this is based on the ones I have talked to. and I have a lot of Hispanic customers.

Democrats seem to think they can make the Hispanics blind puppets as they did the Blacks. I do not think so guys. They have already had their eyes opened to dirty politics and they are not going to trust blindly like the blacks have. (And yes I have a lot of Black customers too)

(Oh and I can not stand the Rebooblicans either)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Oh and I forgot to mention a DEMOCRAT, President Clinton signed NAFTA into law and another DEMOCRAT Obama Knocks Clinton, But Wouldn't Ax NAFTA

Mexico lost 75% of her farmers because of NAFTA and thanks to the DEMOCRATS pushing Bio-fuel Clinton's two good buddies, Monsanto and Cargill, had record breaking profits in 2008 while corn prices went through the roof and Mexicans rioted.

I do not think the Hispanics are going to forget that.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by crimvelvet

This is typical Democrat/Progressive think. Hispanics ARE NOT DUMB. They are a lot more politically savvy than many Americans this is based on the ones I have talked to. and I have a lot of Hispanic customers.

Democrats seem to think they can make the Hispanics blind puppets as they did the Blacks. I do not think so guys. They have already had their eyes opened to dirty politics and they are not going to trust blindly like the blacks have. (And yes I have a lot of Black customers too)

In politics, reality means absolutely nothing. Perception rules, and perception can be manipulated, folded and adjusted to suit the particular parties agenda. The perception that the GOP wants to present is one of family values, anti abortion, "Leave it to Beaver" whitebread wholesomeness.

And even on ATS, not long ago there was a real animosity towards Hispanics from the right leaning members.

And you are correct; Hispanics ARE NOT DUMB and they see thru the hypocrisy and sense the underlying racism exhibited by the GOP; real or imagined. This is going to be a real problem with a rapidly changing demographic shown in the Atlantic article.

That is why I offer my services to the GOP. I expect to be rejected because I evidence common sense being secondary to ideology among our more conservative brothers.
edit on 22-12-2010 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
There is insane irony here.

Texas is one of the states...conservative states...to gain house seats as a result of the most recent census.

Texas has been adding folks to it's populace where the midwest and manufacturing belt lost population.

Now Texas gets more sway in US politics via additional representitives in the house....

The punchline is that the population boom in texas is due to hispanics...the folks that they have been demonizing

Oh the irony...they will celebrate briefly their new found conservative influence on the national stage and then despair as those new districts elect Democrats or Independants..anyone but the crew that has called them all gang-bangers and drug dealers.

What ironic justice...reap what you sew..

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

and the real irony may be lost on you, reap wat you sew indeed, may not be a change for the better for Texas and the US as a whole.......
edit on 28-12-2010 by blueorder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder
reply to post by maybereal11

and the real irony may be lost on you, reap wat you sew indeed, may not be a change for the better for Texas and the US as a whole.......
edit on 28-12-2010 by blueorder because: (no reason given)

The implication being that hispanic americans are somehow bad for America.

They are US Citizens.

And no different than every other immigrant group that constitutes "America".

The fact that they have been cast as the boogie man for political purposes does not change that truth.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
really... i never thought of it... thanks for sharing.

new topics

top topics

join