It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the Dark Face of Darwinism

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

give it time my friend...

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
"all Muslims kill non-believers" crap

thank you for you attempt to stuff words in my mouth... that is kind of very weak, and also add to your character.

that video was about "Radical" Islam, not about Radical Christianity or any other.

I have Muslims in my family, two in fact and have dated two Muslims myself, one from Pakistan and one from Philippines.

nice try though...

Lets stay on topic shall we ?

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
well I guess one can come to a very simple conclusion about the Dark Face of Darwinism just by reading this thread alone... since they do appear on Google when you search.

Darwin and his Theory is embraced by Radical Atheist and used as a tool to do harm and to be quite nasty to others, mainly Christians... though they are just one group of Theist which are the majority of the planet in case some did not notice.

Maybe if we walked up to some teenagers in public that look like Marylin Manson and asked them if they believed in God I guess their answer would mesh with the majority in this thread.

edit on 12/22/2010 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic.Artifact

Originally posted by MrXYZ
start learning about reality.

reality is Atheism is a small group of English speaking spoiled kids who have not figured life out yet... As we have evidence of this by "the Evolution of Being"

Okay. Let me get this straight. ATHEISM, a term that is coined by the Greeks, brought into French language and then adopted by the English language centuries later...is made up of only English speaking spoiled kids? Atheism, whose philosophy was first coined centuries before Christ, is made up of spoiled English speaking kids? Every human being born is an atheist from the start, and for some bizarre reason in your head, the only people who go on to be atheists throughout their life, eluding theism, are spoiled English speakers? Do you really think atheists only speak English?

Top 10 Countries With Highest Proportion of Atheists (Greeley/Jagodzinski, 1991) Country Percent Atheist East Germany 88.20% Slovenia 29.80 Russia 27.30 Israel 25.60 Netherlands 24.10 Hungary 23.30 Norway 14.90 Britain 14.00 West Germany 12.10 New Zealand 11.50

Funny how the country with the biggest population of atheists doesn't speak English.

China
Number of Atheists/
Agnostics
Nonbelievers in God
(minimum - maximum)
103,907,840 - 181,838,720

link

edit on 12/22/2010 by SpaceJ because: link

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceJ
Okay. Let me get this straight. ATHEISM

ok J the topic here is Evolution ! mainly its 'dark side' in case you have not noticed ?

gosh are Atheist so hard headed and maybe even worse than Radical Islam ?

gives me another topic idea...

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
nearly 6 whole pages of Christian bashing because of a video about Evolution that was made by a "Muslim"

I guess Atheist are this enlightened ?

for the world to see it... here it is right here, Mega-Enlightenment...

Evolutions Dark Side is the topic at hand folks !

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic.Artifact

Okay. Let me get this straight. ATHEISM

ok J the topic here is Evolution ! mainly its 'dark side' in case you have not noticed ?

gosh are Atheist so hard headed and maybe even worse than Radical Islam ?

gives me another topic idea...

Yeah another topic to be torn to shreds for lack of accuracy.

Notice, a few posts back I DIRECTLY replied to your topic, yet you gave me no reply. But you choose to reply to my off-topic post. Reply to my on-topic post then if this thread isn't about religion. All you are doing is making several threads clearly about the same thing, all having the same point, under the guise of various matters, cloaked in false claims, based on false claims. You are spreading ignorance.
edit on 12/22/2010 by SpaceJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
So it is okay for you to:

1) Ignore everyones reply that is actually addressing the topic

2) Reply only to those who state something off-topic

3) Then you blame everyone for being off-topic, because you won't reply to the actual points being made.

4) Then you use the off-topic posts made by atheists, who are basically forced into making off-topic posts because you won't reply to their relevant posts, to make false claims against them.

So you are using baiting and entrapment basically, to prove some point you think you have. Kind of just like your god does.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceJ

If I did not reply it is because it had religious undertones, I was seeking knowledge about evolution... hoping I could get anything form someone who has actually read Darwins books he published. I am totally on the wrong site for that as I can see now so I will do what is done around these here parts, but with my own Honest rhetoric.

I will reread your post J, since you read alot of Einstein have you also read all the Darwin material ?

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic.Artifact

The post I'm referring to is this one:

One thing that the theory of evolution has given us is a better insight into genetic issues. We have a basis for learning how genetics function, how they adapt/mutate. It also helps us understand the effects and ways to combat diseases and genetic conditions. In that way it's helped saved people from disease that they could have otherwise died from. He also bravely laid the way for later scientists to bring controversial theories to light. He gave us a better fundamental understanding of the inner workings of our existence, an understanding that religion couldn't provide...if that can't be called a contribution to humanity then I don't know what can.

I'm sorry if the one mention of religious had an undertone, but it's what I honestly feel is true. I do feel it gave us an understanding of life that we could not gain from religion alone. Not to say it can't add to religion.

I've not read as much of Darwin as I have Einstein or philosophy, but enough to form the opinion that he was respectful in his quests for furthering science, and I never regarded him as racist or anything else negative. I don't think he meant to attack religion either. You can pursue science without attacking religion. It's possible.

He wans't even in denial of religion, which is why it humors me when religious people attack him. It's so unfounded. He is not your enemy. He called himself an agnostic, just like your pal Einstein!

“The mystery of the beginning of all things is insoluble by us; and I for one must be content to remain an Agnostic.” (Autobiography) -Darwin

edit on 12/22/2010 by SpaceJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic.Artifact

Again, I don't believe you.

The reason people keep coming back to the religious aspect of this particular so-called debate might have something to do with the numerous other threads you have created that deal with it. Again you try to play Mr Innocent.

Oh yeah and the obvious religious references in your signature don't help either.

You are nothing more than a troll.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
if you think you are a monkey whose fur fell out a million years ago then you should move into the zoo and be with your own kind.

if you're just a monkey then it's about as morally wrong to kill you than it is to kill any animal.

it isn't against the law to kill an animal, unless its a dog or a cat. luckily there are people out there who consider you more than an ape and God's creation, to be treated with respect.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

Wow. Did you come up with that all by yourself?

For such an avid believer you seem to disrespect all of "god's" creatures except for man. That takes the cake for arrogance as far as I'm concerned.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
if you think you are a monkey whose fur fell out a million years ago then you should move into the zoo and be with your own kind.

if you're just a monkey then it's about as morally wrong to kill you than it is to kill any animal.

it isn't against the law to kill an animal, unless its a dog or a cat. luckily there are people out there who consider you more than an ape and God's creation, to be treated with respect.

I think it is morally wrong to kill any animal, but that's another topic.

All things should be treated with respect regardless of religion.

We didn't literally evolve from APES (not monkeys as you say), we just share a common DISTANT ancestor with apes. We and apes once had a common ancestor, and then went on to separately evolve from that point into either human or ape. It's not like apes magically became humans.

Also, the type of ape we had a common ancestor as, doesn't even exist today. In case anyone was about to throw out the, then why do we still have apes argument.

Humans did not evolve from present-day apes. Rather, humans and apes share a common ancestor that gave rise to both. This common ancestor, although not identical to modern apes, was almost certainly more apelike than humanlike in appearance and behavior. At some point -- scientists estimate that between 5 and 8 million years ago -- this species diverged into two distinct lineages, one of which were the hominids, or humanlike species, and the other ultimately evolved into the African great ape species living today.

link to understanding evolution before you bash it

edit on 12/22/2010 by SpaceJ because: link

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

Yes it is , the difference is that Darwin started from scratch and thought about the scientific aspect of how life lived and is living. He made a new theory that explains life changes on the planet earth.

While I would agree that Darwin "made a new theory", I don't think he "started from scratch". There were others before him, but Darwin seems to have made a cohesive picture out of it all, as well as introducing his own thoughts and theories.

Contrary to many assumptions, evolutionary theory did not begin in 1859 with Charles Darwin and The Origin of Species. Rather, evolution-like ideas had existed since the times of the Greeks, and had been in and out of favor in the periods between ancient Greece and Victorian England. Indeed, by Darwin's time the idea of evolution - called "descent with modification" - was not especially controversial, and several other evolutionary theories had already been proposed. Darwin may stand at the beginning of a modern tradition, but he is also the final culmination of an ancient speculation.

library.thinkquest.org...

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Since I take it that you don't bother looking into people before you make claims about them, how about these quotes. Do these quotes really sound like Darwin had some evil plan against religion? In the first quote alone makes his intentions pretty clearly non-sinister..

[In conversation with the atheist Edward Aveling, 1881] “Why should you be so aggressive? Is anything gained by trying to force these new ideas upon the mass of mankind?” (Edward Aveling, The religious views of Charles Darwin, 1883)

“It seems to me absurd to doubt that a man may be an ardent Theist & an evolutionist.” (Letter to John Fordyce, May 7 1879)

“I hardly see how religion & science can be kept as distinct as [Edward Pusey] desires… But I most wholly agree… that there is no reason why the disciples of either school should attack each other with bitterness.” (Letter to J. Brodie Innes, November 27 1878)

"My theology is a simple muddle: I cannot look at the Universe as the result of blind chance, yet I can see no evidence of beneficent Design." (Letter to Joseph Hooker, July 12 1870)

“In my most extreme fluctuations I have never been an atheist in the sense of denying the existence of a God.” (Letter to John Fordyce, May 7 1879)

“I think that generally (& more and more so as I grow older) but not always, that an agnostic would be the most correct description of my state of mind.” (Letter to John Fordyce, May 7 1879)

So, by these statements of Darwin's, you can see that his views were basically the same as Einstein's views, and you get along with Einstein just fine. So why then can't you get along with Darwin? Is it just because his theory and findings complicate your life? Evolution doesn't need to be a complication. You can believe in god and evolution together. Why do you think they are so exclusive from one another?

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   

edit on 22-12-2010 by Klassified because: Redacted. Oops.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
As everyone said, that's social darwinism, based on the theory of evolution. The difference between the two is that one is a belief, and one is a scientific theory. Combining doesn't make it a legitimite argument against evolution, it just destroy more of what little credibility creationists have left.

Originally posted by SlyFox_79
reply to post by OzWeatherman

How about instead of getting bytchy about one another's own beliefs, try to debate and discuss, this is what ATS is meant for.
Creationism isn't proven.
Evolution isn't proven.
It's wide open for you both to try and prove.
Evolution is backed by evidence, whereas Creationism isn't. To put the two on the same level is naive on your part. The only people who need to prove anything are creationists.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname

monkey whose fur fell out? seriously? the theory of evolution never said we evolved from monkeys, merely that we and apes share a distant ancestor. Oft times it's not that funny to be ignorant and spew regurgitated lies. perhaps you'd do better to read about what you're trying to denigrate.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   

I'm sorry if the one mention of religious had an undertone, but it's what I honestly feel is true. I do feel it gave us an understanding of life that we could not gain from religion alone. Not to say it can't add to religion.

...and it tasted good too, but it turned sour in my stomach !

well said ! now I wonder if I should stop there or go ahead and read the rest of your post ?

ah what the heck... I'll go for it !

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join