the Dark Face of Darwinism

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
As far as I know Darwin never killed a single person,,

God on the other hand

3:3 So the LORD our God delivered into our hands Og also, the king of Bashan, and all his people: and we smote him until none was left to him remaining. (3:3-4) "So the LORD our God delivered into our hands Og ... and all his people: and we smote him until none was left to him remaining ... from threescore cities." The Israelites, with God's help, kill all the men, women, and children of 60 cities. God's 30th Killing (3:6) "And we utterly destroyed them ... utterly destroying the men, women, and children, of every city." 3:4 And we took all his cities at that time, there was not a city which we took not from them, threescore cities, all the region of Argob, the kingdom of Og in Bashan.

So thats the men women and children of 60 cities

Joshua 10:11 And it came to pass, as they fled from before Israel, and were in the going down to Bethhoron, that the LORD cast down great stones from heaven upon them unto Azekah, and they died: they were more which died with hailstones than they whom the children of Israel slew with the sword

More killing from god

Samuel 6:19 And he smote the men of Bethshemesh, because they had looked into the ark of the LORD, even he smote of the people fifty thousand and threescore and ten men: and the people lamented, because the LORD had smitten many of the people with a great slaughter.

God kills over 50000 people

Then of course there's the big one.
God kills every living creature on the whole planet except a few in a boat

Genesis 7:23 And every living substance was destroyed which was upon the face of the ground, both man, and cattle, and the creeping things, and the fowl of the heaven; and they were destroyed from the earth: and Noah only remained alive, and they that were with him in the ark.
edit on 22-12-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

I'm not going to watch the videos as I have things to do and merely wanted an idea of what was in them since they appear to be the token argument of this thread, BUT.

Are you saying that in the videos it suggests that man existed before evolution? I get that from a few posts here.

If this is the case, then I am glad not to waste my time on such rubbish.

It sticks to god and ignores the very theory proposed by evolution. WE ARE ANIMALS. Not anything more, we just have the ability of intelligence - to a degree.

I'm very confused. I really hope I'm wrong in this assumption.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

I agree, this is why religous nuts keep bashing Darwin. He is not here to defend his theory. I find it amusing that this war will go on forever. Darwin's theory to me was the first stepping stone in evolution. He had many ideas that were "out there' but atleast he explained them quite well for the time period. The theory of evolution has evovled and more info is added daily. Religous fanatics still hold on to the same old song and dance and are unable to visualize the growth of knowledge.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

I am saying that before Darwin all humankind had to go on was the religous aspect of life. Darwin proposed the theory therefore it was concieved by him. And no I did not watch the video. BY reading the OP's thread I am convinced that it is biased propaganda and far from the truth.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Well thats God. If He wants to kill then you die...k? Heck dont bother yourself will all these war and destruction dead...just think of the folks around the world that die every day because He said so. Try not to go crazy.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

You may not know if all you ever saw was the movie about the monkey trial or listened to a college prof....but in the last decade anyway some very good scientific refutation of Darwin has come from christain authors. And even without that an open minded intelligent christain can come to a contrary point of view about Darwin.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01
reply to post by badw0lf

I am saying that before Darwin all humankind had to go on was the religous aspect of life. Darwin proposed the theory therefore it was concieved by him. And no I did not watch the video. BY reading the OP's thread I am convinced that it is biased propaganda and far from the truth.

Ahh, I wasn't having a go at your post btw - it appears we are in full agreement!

And to that, I agree with you. Well put!

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock
Well thats God. If He wants to kill then you die...k? Heck dont bother yourself will all these war and destruction dead...just think of the folks around the world that die every day because He said so. Try not to go crazy.

Think of all the suckers who spend hours a day praying for their child, who ultimately dies.

Or those who commend the love of god means they do not require blood transfusions, et al.

Hey, I'd rather be a nut able to help people, than a nut stuck in the 1600's.

link   

I live in the town next to where William Jennings Bryan was born. He made it his goal to defame Darwin. From the way things are still going I think he succeded a little. THe words christian science is laughable, looking for the answers that coincide with the beliefs of the "all mighty".

link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer
Whenever anyone uses the term "Darwinism" to describe the theory of evolution you immediately know that there is an inherent bias and the speaker is operating from incorrect premises. There is no such thing as "Darwinism". This is akin to claiming that believers in the theory of gravity are "Newtonists" or maybe "Einsteinists". And didn't Ben Stein already fail epically with this Nazi/eugenics argument?

So does this mean whenever one finds a picture of Darwin in a highschool textbook that the authors of same are afflicted with this same inherent bias and incorrect premise? Saying there is no such thing as "Darwinism" is just a deflection strategy. Like there is no "Marxism" only communisim and anyone that uses the Marx thing is operating out of bias and faulty premises...la de da.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

Thank you I am not offended at all. I like to throw my two cents in and I like to make it short. This is often mistaken for hostility.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01

I live in the town next to where William Jennings Bryan was born. He made it his goal to defame Darwin. From the way things are still going I think he succeded a little. THe words christian science is laughable, looking for the answers that coincide with the beliefs of the "all mighty".

Was this not what Darwin and others have done? Looking for things that prove ideas. Making "order' out of things they still dont fully understand and with large problems.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Yes it is , the difference is that Darwin started from scratch and thought about the scientific aspect of how life lived and is living. He made a new theory that explains life changes on the planet earth.
edit on 22-12-2010 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   

So does this mean whenever one finds a picture of Darwin in a highschool textbook that the authors of same are afflicted with this same inherent bias and incorrect premise?

This has nothing to do with the use of the word "Darwinism".

Saying there is no such thing as "Darwinism" is just a deflection strategy. Like there is no "Marxism" only communisim and anyone that uses the Marx thing is operating out of bias and faulty premises...la de da.

Except that there is such a thing as Marxism. There is no such thing as "Darwinism" except in the minds of religious fanatics. It's a pejorative term employed by creationists against the theory of evolution. And yes, it is a deflection strategy, just not in the way you believe. It's a term designed to reduce the theory of evolution to a belief rather than as a fact.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

Well said, I believe that knowledge of evolution grows daily. Religion sticks to the centuries old tales of life before scientific knowledge.
edit on 22-12-2010 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic.Artifact

Originally posted by SlyFox_79
reply to post by OzWeatherman

How about instead of getting bytchy about one another's own beliefs, try to debate and discuss, this is what ATS is meant for.
Creationism isn't proven.
Evolution isn't proven.
It's wide open for you both to try and prove.

That particular part of the video goes quickly into how the Theory was accepted by religious groups at the time of its introduction.

Well its hard to imagine what that amounted to. Considering all the majior christain denominations had great efforts going on at the time to take the word to the four corners of the earth. Any christain religious groups that accepted this were just not reading thier own bible.

are you talking about Theism in general ? becausr that covers quite a bit of ground...

If people insist on attacking Christianity it really says alot about them and, their disposition and their bias.

I have put negative connotations about the dark face of Darwinism in my opening statement and in the thread title itself.

Consider this (Evolution Vs. Theism) in general, if thats what you wish... form there we may be able to have a logical and matured discussion.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   

reply to post by OzWeatherman

name any other main benefits and contributions to humankind this theory has given...

Genetic science, especially as regards the treatment of drug-resistant infections.

Hitler was a Pagan Agnostic and I am quite sure the Christians know this because he does not follow the Christian doctrine of life, and in fact Muslims are all for Hitler to this day because he was exterminating the Jew's.

makes on wonder why this is coming from a follower of the Quran ?

O rly?

Hitler was a Christian who rejected the "flabbiness" of the religion and wanted to reform it.
Like so.

Hitler for a time advocated for German Christians a Positive Christianity, traditional Christianity purged of everything that he found objectionable and with certain, particularly racist, additions. Hitler never directed his attacks on Jesus himself,[32] but viewed traditional Christianity as a corruption of the original ideas of Jesus, whom Hitler regarded as an Aryan opponent of the Jews.

Hitler associated atheism with GODLESS COMMUNISTS

ATHEIIIIISTS

Today they say that Christianity is in danger, that the Catholic faith is threatened. . . I confess that I will never ally myself with the parties which aim to destroy Christianity. Fourteen years they have gone arm in arm with atheism. At no time was greater damage ever done to Christianity than in those years when the Christian parties ruled side by side with those who denied the very existence of God. . . It shall be our task to burn out these manifestations of degeneracy in literature, theater, schools, and the press—that is, in our entire culture—and to eliminate the poison which has been permeating every facet of our lives for these past fourteen years.

He also said that basically any non-Jewish religion was superior to Christianity because Christianity had been corrupted by the weak and the meek.

But no, he must have been an atheist. Only an atheist could love Jesus so much!

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Negative and Positive aspect of the Theory of Evolution please...

as I have stated in the thread title, the language is negative but counter argument is welcome.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic.Artifact

"If people insist on attacking Christianity it really says alot about them and, their disposition and their bias.
I have put negative connotations about the dark face of Darwinism in my opening statement and in the thread title itself."

So it is ok to bash evolution, but not ok to bash religion? I'm confused on your logic.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic.Artifact

I will reiterate my point. Genetic science and its medical applications make use of the theory of evolution to explain the adaptations that make bacteria immune to medical treatment.

I don't know why I even bothered repeating myself, you are plainly interested in discussing the religious element when the argument goes in your favour and then deny that this is a religious thread when the argument goes against your favour.
edit on 22-12-2010 by SmedleyBurlap because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join