It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the Dark Face of Darwinism

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmedleyBurlap

Well, many others have said, repeatedly, that they do not feel that there are negative aspects of Darwin's theory.

yes that is a very small minority who is not busy raising a family or busy building a Nation.

You dismiss them out of hand and say, "get back on topic!"

yes this small minority that has 24/7 to create their own realities on the internet and convince themselves that they are not only their own god... but I am pointing out the fact that they must absolutely "domainate" others to believe that they and Darwin are everyones god.

the Logic is flawed...

No. YOU are the one using this thread as a means of attack on atheists

I am only making comments about a particular "group" as observed in nature, if you identify yourself as one of this group and small minority then so be it, I have no control over your being or thought.

IThis is not a fair and balanced discussion.

oh isn't it now ??? that is not how I see it at all... sorry to be busting this small minorities screen bubble.

notice that when you do start responding to other people, you take the thread in the direction of "creationism vs. evolution" and :theism versus atheism." You are still taking the thread off topic.

but on the other hand I notice my discussion going off topic and "the Fabric of the Universe" being debated in avoidance of the topic title. Go back several pages...

Show some respect

oh surely I am showing just as much respect that has been shown me since my arrival here, (posting maybe a month now) I have had much respect given to me I must admit.

edit on 12/25/2010 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic.Artifact

Cliffnotes: You can't deal with criticism if it goes against your worldview.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Look. In this thread, you are the minority. You are not giving real responses to the majority of the posters in these threads. You are putting words in their mouths or ignoring them.

If your thread is taken off topic by other posters, then don't take it off topic yourself and tell them not to. Either stay on topic, or allow them to go off topic.

You were disrespected after showing serious ignorance about the topic and disrespect towards the respondents. You brought this on yourself in these last few threads.

P.S. where have you observed that atheists are kafirs with chicken bones in their noses?

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

Back at "the minority"

second line...

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Look. In this thread, you are the minority.

look, I must admit it would appear I am in minority in my own thread against a group that wishes to lash out and avoid the actual topic here.

You are not giving real responses to the majority of the posters in these threads. You are putting words in their mouths or ignoring them.

those in this thread debating Creationism vs Evolution are getting hardly any responses from me, they may wish to debate amongst themselves a totally off topic discussion, so be it... I am responding to your questions of "me" (which is off topic btw) am I not ?

You were disrespected after showing serious ignorance about the topic

who is Ignorant... is that (you) that your quote starts off with directed at me ? maybe I should alert the Mods to your infraction ?

P.S. where have you observed that atheists are kafirs with chicken bones in their noses

yes you are right yet again, I do not like Atheists, did I ever say YOU had a bone thru the nose ? or is this something you wish everyone to know ?

nice try Titen Sxull !

edit on 12/25/2010 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic.Artifact

Back at "the minority"

second line...

Well, the "minority" is systematically dismantling every single one of your arguments, and you keep on ignoring it in order to not destroy the fantasyland image you have of this world. You'd think the majority would be able to rationally win a discussion

The subject of this entire thread is beyond ridiculous. You can't use a scientific theory as the reason for wars, an no one has so far. You conveniently keep on ignoring this fact...
edit on 25-12-2010 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Back at "the minority"

second line...

Well, the "minority" is systematically dismantling every single one of your arguments,

yes I know I am dismantling them

this topic is to debate only one subject "the bad aspects/Dark Face of Darwinism"

not Evolution nor Creation, whats with the circular-logic... why do some fail to see this point ?

I am not discussing theism nor creation on the other hand I will discuss negative aspects of Darwinism only...

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
the videos are on page 1 if anyone needs a reference...

line two

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
dbl post:
edit on 12/26/2010 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

Oh here we go again

Oh, and for the record, Hitler was a Christian...not an atheist (but was raised catholic)...nice try

-----
edit on 22-12-2010 by alien because: ...removed unnecessary personal shots...

And here we go again, the same old lie! Hitler was not a Christian. But he was not an atheist either - he was a pagan.
I am not a Creationist although I am a Christian, and the thing I am most sick and tired of is that particular testerical atheist assertion that Hitler was a Christian. (One popular variation says he was a Catholic in good standing, which adds anti-Catholic bigotry to the mix.
Second thing I am sick and tired of - creationists and being lumped in with them by atheists!
Vicky

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   

reply to post by madnessinmysoul

. Nobody knows who Spencer is (I certainly don't, even though I am familiar with the basics of evolution [I actually paid attention in school])

Except that if you don't know who Spencer was, you obviously didn't!

Originally posted by SmedleyBurlap. And, of course, there are zero creationists that are not also Biblical literalists to some degree. It's not as though you can rationally come to the creationist conclusion without basing your inquiry on the Bible.

Except for the Muslim ones!

Of course, we all knew that anyway and I have wasted my time.
You probably have wasted your time at that...
I am a Christian, but not a Creationist. If that surprises you, then you need to learn more!
Vicky

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   

reply to post by Vicky32

*would you like to address this ?
---
here let me try to change the course...

According to the (subtitle) in Darwin's Origin of Species,

"Preservation of favored Races"

I would love to address, as also I would not like to have this strict doctrine of racism imprinted on any more of the worlds youth via the classroom at too early an age.

I believe when you corrupt a young a mind with this sort of doctrine and without proper guidance that it could lead to many problems later in life (as pointed out via sociobiology) I guess this is a word not many scientist are familiar with ?

I believe some get the wrong idea of its educational value mainly because of our differences "racially" at this point in the development of humanity (in other words we are not in Star Trek time period yet) so humanity has the potential to walk away with darwin's theory and cause major injustice... as has been proven by history (see videos/page 1 and Mein Komfh) and also in sociobiology.

yes we are animals too...

*I believe your quote of me is incorrect, please dig out and link to the post in which I said what you are quoting...

please remain on topic and stop your bashing !
edit on 12/26/2010 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)

Sorry Cosmic Artefact, I was not replying to you! But I obviously messed up my quoting...
I was replying to someone who had replied to you, an Australian whose name I don't remember.
Vicky

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
here let me try to change the course, yet once again without discussing Creation and Christians

I would love to address, as also I would not like to have this strict doctrine of racism imprinted on any more of the worlds youth via the classroom at too early an age.

I believe when you corrupt a young a mind with this sort of doctrine and without proper guidance that it could lead to many problems later in life (as pointed out via sociobiology) I guess this is a word not many scientist are familiar with ?

I believe some get the wrong idea of its educational value mainly because of our differences "racially" at this point in the development of humanity (in other words we are not in Star Trek time period yet) so humanity has the potential to walk away with darwin's theory and cause major injustice... as has been proven by history (see videos/page 1 and Mein Komfh) and also in sociobiology.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Learn to read really it have been pointed out several times now, but yet you refuse to accept simple facts.

When Darwin is talking about races he aren't talking about Negroids, Caucasians, Arabs, Asians, he is talking about; mammals, reptiles and birds!

He acknowledged that the human race - homo sapiens sapiens, is ONE race.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
reply to post by Schrödinger

Then the deity is also unable to act following the logical consequences of this (and other consequences of omni^3 beings) and is thus inert.

...so why is it that we wouldn't just shave it off of the mechanics of the universe with Occam's razor?

Yes and no, it isn't inert it just IS.

And its metaphysical, it has no direct influence on our universe, so removing it from the equation is just fine.
We only need this "source", when explaining what was before the big bang

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   

reply to post by madnessinmysoul

since some actually do own this Issue of National Geographic, can they post the parts where it says "Theists and Creationist are Ignorant or Insane...

I never claimed that theists were insane or ignorant. Not once. While I'm sure there are insane theists, they don't make up any more of that population than they would any other. While I'm sure some theists are also ignorant, they don't make up any more of that population than they would any other.

Now, with regard to creationists, it's more a matter of ignorance. Insanity...well, insanity is a legal definition, not a psychological one. In my opinion what would constitute 'insanity' would be repeatedly using the same claims over and over again when they're repeatedly eviscerated.

Of course, these claims don't rest on a single line from any issue in any National Geographic, and I'm not going to unbox my collection just to get that copy out again. Oh wait, you can find it here, online. Though the awesome first statement is missing because it doesn't translate well into a pure text document.

However, you're skirting the issue, you quote mined both Darwin and National Geographic and responded to only the first assertion I made. I rent your points asunder and all you can do is respond to my assertion that I own an issue of a magazine...

maybe the article is actually saying there are those who misuse and lack the understanding of this 'theory' in general meaning there are those who are misusing it for other than a teaching/learning tool..

Nope, nothing of that sort is found in the article. Again, read it yourself if you'd like.

hint hint

Is the hint that you're not interested in honest discussion?

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   

I've been addressing the topic with repeated requests that you back up your claims. Your only attempt to consisted of stupid photoshop that is now your avatar, links to books that exist without any quotations, a statement that Haeckel was a racist idiot, a quote mine of Darwin, and a cover of a National Geographic issue that teased the possibility that Darwin was wrong only to.....just say that he wasn't as the first part of the article.

You didn't respond to my counter-points. You didn't respond to the fact that I showed your sources were misleading you. You responded by simply asking me about the article in National Geographic, that is a red herring. That itself is off-topic.

Just because we disagree with the title doesn't mean we're not on the topic.

here let me try to change the course, yet once again without discussing Creation and Christians

...he means genetic variations. He does't mean 'races' of humans, he means any sort of genetic variation.

But honestly, your own proof in the works of Darwin is the subtitle? Shouldn't such a racist tract have filth from cover to cover? If he is, as you put it yourself, a 'super-racist', shouldn't his book have entire chapters that you can quote as evidence?

The only quotation you provided was a quote-mine of Darwin basically saying that European colonialism may drive less advanced societies to ruin. Where's the mountain of racism you would find in such a racist book?

A subtitle isn't all that is needed.

Again, please show that there is a 'strict doctrine of racism' in Darwin's work and show how it is being imprinted on the youth in the classroom.

I believe when you corrupt a young a mind with this sort of doctrine and without proper guidance that it could lead to many problems later in life (as pointed out via sociobiology)

Where does sociobiology point out this?

I guess this is a word not many scientist are familiar with ?

Sociobiology? Corrupt? Which word are you talking about? I mean, I know sociobiology is definitely a word scientists are familiar with, they're the ones that created it...

(see videos/page 1 and Mein Komfh) and also in sociobiology.

So...reference the nearly hour of videos and read an entire book that never mentions Darwin once? Can you just take the damning examples that are found in these videos? I mean, it should be easy to do if you're going on about this as if it is self-evident.

And where does Mein Kampf mention Darwin? Where does it mention evolutionary biology?

It's very easy to show that Hitler didn't believe in evolution by reading this book. Simply take a look at the following passages:

The fox remains always a fox, the goose remains a goose, and the tiger will retain the character of a tiger. - Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf, vol. i, ch. xi

For it was by the Will of God that men were made of a certain bodily shape, were given their natures and their faculties. - Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf, vol. ii, ch. x

From where do we get the right to believe, that from the very beginning Man was not what he is today? Looking at Nature tells us, that in the realm of plants and animals changes and developments happen. But nowhere inside a kind shows such a development as the breadth of the jump , as Man must supposedly have made, if he has developed from an ape-like state to what he is today. - Adolf Hitler, Hitler's Tabletalk (Tischgesprache im Fuhrerhauptquartier)

Soooooo where in that horrible, filthy book does it contradict the obvious assertion that Hitler was a Creationist?

Once more you bring up sociobiology. Where in sociobiology do we find that there is a negative impact with regard to Darwin's ideas?
edit on 26/12/10 by madnessinmysoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   

the videos are on page 1 if anyone needs a reference...

line two

The subject of this entire thread is beyond ridiculous. You can't use a scientific theory as the reason for wars, an no one has so far. You conveniently keep on ignoring this fact...

The video's are so full of lies, you might just as well ask people to ask Spongebob

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join