It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the Dark Face of Darwinism

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by iterationzero
You offered to provide proof that people were claiming it was the answer to everything in another thread and failed to do so.

please post the snippet and also the link to the thread where I have said this ? I will respond to the rest of your post after this. (although the evidence is right here in front of you) I would still like to see these 'my' own words.

Thank You

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
most of this evidence is in about the first 9 pages of this response...

Atheists attacking Christianity (not theism in general) for a video made by a Muslim

Evolution is extremely enlightening in the hand of those with the intent to do harm by it.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic.Artifact

in other words, are our young sociopathic Hitlers any different than those who have used religion to crusade in the name of a God ? Albeit Hitler and Stalin are not ancient history on the timeline.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic.Artifact

You offered to provide proof that people were claiming it was the answer to everything in another thread and failed to do so.

please post the snippet and also the link to the thread where I have said this ? I will respond to the rest of your post after this. (although the evidence is right here in front of you) I would still like to see these 'my' own words.

It was in direct reply to one of your earlier posts in another thread that you, in turn, failed to reply to. Sorry, but you already burned up enough goodwill by not replying to earlier threads for me to go through the additional effort. It's in one of the threads that you authored, if that helps at all. So do you have no recollection of saying that you had evidence that "evolutionists" were turning science into religion? Because you were asked repeatedly for that proof as well and failed to provide it.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Gotta love these guys, such superior beings... all they were missing was the tool that justified it.

Discuss ?

They already had a tool.

De Gobineau had already established a justification of Aryan superiority by using the bible.

Try The Moral and Intellectual diversity of the races or An essay on the inequality of the human races

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   

most of this evidence is in about the first 9 pages of this response...

Atheists attacking Christianity (not theism in general) for a video made by a Muslim

Evolution is extremely enlightening in the hand of those with the intent to do harm by it.

No one in this thread has claimed that evolution is the answer for everything, which is what I've asked you for evidence of. Further, you're conflating atheism and being a proponent of the theory of evolution. There's certainly overlap between the two groups, but they're not the same group. Again, do you have better evidence than this?

Everything is extremely enlightening in the hand of those with the intent to do harm with it. Again, it's not an indictment of the thing, it's an indictment of the user. I'm pretty sure that I could find a way to weaponize my pets if I put my mind to it. That doesn't make my pets evil.

Sorry if you're getting attacked for the vague notion that you posited in the OP, but it's pretty apparent that you're equating the means of an action with the cause of an action. And that's wrong, so people are going to call you out on it. It's not some symptom of a vast conspiracy of proponent of evolutionary theory or atheists, it's people calling a spade a spade.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   

if one had knowledge of both the theory of evolution and Creationism I think everyone would have a better understanding of all this power that is trying to be wielded

That's where your wrong you see. That statement doesn't make much sense. In fact, it makes me question your 'understanding' of Evolution at all.

Creationism is how life began on earth, aka a theory of Abiogenesis. Where as Evolution only refers to what happens to life when it is already present. It doesn't have anything to do with the origin of life, but the origin of species (I'd expect you would know that if you read Darwins book... "on the origin of species")

It would make more sense to say that Creationism should be taught alongside Autocatalysis or Clay Theory. But Evolution has no part in the origin of life.

But let's consider your proposal. If we make the addition of Creationism in schools, which perspective of Creationism do we teach? under which religions views do we teach? After all there are literally thousands of views of how life began on earth from just as many religions? Obviously they can not all be correct, and obviously the vast vast majority (in fact I can't think of any) have yet to produce any evidence to back up there claims. Faith is far from evidence as it is designed for the person with faith to believe without it. So it seems rather useless to add the idea to anything other than a course on religious study. But alongside scientific theories that do in fact offer evidence? and that don't carry a strong bias towards their sides? and that, if proven wrong, is actually beneficial for the over all idea in which to further our understanding of a specific theory rather than a total collapse of a belief system? It seems like Creationism has absolutely no place alongside scientific theories. And that is why we don't and will continue not to teach them side by side.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   

in other words, are our young sociopathic Hitlers any different than those who have used religion to crusade in the name of a God ? Albeit Hitler and Stalin are not ancient history on the timeline.

In my opinion, no - there's no difference between sociopathic leaders who want to commit mass murder or genocide, regardless of their motivation. It's your assertion that evolutionary theory caused the mass exterminations propagated by those two people that's, simply put, wrong. Hitler hatred of the Jews stemmed from his particular brand of Christian mysticism, which had its roots in Martin Luther. He may have used evolutionary theory as an excuse, but it wasn't the root cause. Stalin didn't even believe in evolution and, further, hated science because scientists were prone to be free-thinkers.

Ultimately, what you're talking about is Lysenkoism which, again, isn't the fault of the science being used.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   

It was in direct reply to one of your earlier posts in another thread that you, in turn, failed to reply to. Sorry, but you already burned up enough goodwill by not replying to earlier threads for me to go through the additional effort. It's in one of the threads that you authored, if that helps at all. So do you have no recollection of saying that you had evidence that "evolutionists" were turning science into religion? Because you were asked repeatedly for that proof as well and failed to provide it.

is this something that you are experiencing or perceiving about me ?

I am really curious to know in which thread or post you are speaking of. I will be honest with you and this could just be something I am hallucinating about but would you have multiple usernames and also be Titten-Sxull ?

you sound very similar to her and I will not hold debates such as these with someone who exhibits multiple personality disorder.

please direct your personal rhetoric to your allotted age group as I do not wish to appear overly preachy or like some kind of 'know-it-all'

but if you do find the comment you are going on about, which you are welcome to sniff my profile and post history by clicking on my username then you are more than welcome to post it here or in a new topic if you wish to try to discredit me in any way.

peace...

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   

is this something that you are experiencing or perceiving about me ?

If by that you mean I've replied to your posts multiple times asking for clarification on "evidence" or "proof" you purport to have with no reply from you, then yes.

I am really curious to know in which thread or post you are speaking of. I will be honest with you and this could just be something I am hallucinating about but would you have multiple usernames and also be Titten-Sxull ?

No, sock puppets are expressly prohibited by this site's terms. I have one account here and one only - iterationzero. Whether or not your have hallucinatory episodes is another matter entirely.

you sound very similar to her and I will not hold debates such as these with someone who exhibits multiple personality disorder.

So you mean that people who post rational replies in refutation to your posts are treated to personal attacks rather than being granted the courtesy of a legitimate reply? That provides some interesting insight into your mindset regarding this discussion. And I'll take the comparison to TS as a compliment since you said "you and a few others here have great responses, worthy of reading" to her in another thread.

please direct your personal rhetoric to your allotted age group as I do not wish to appear overly preachy or like some kind of 'know-it-all'

It's not personal rhetoric, it's direct replies to your topic and posts in this thread. You seem to be find of attacking people based on age e.g. your assertion that all atheists are just kids trying to be cool. Again, that says far more about you than it does about any of the people you're accusing of being young. Further, replying in a way that's dismissive because of what you perceive as a person's age makes you sound plenty preachy and know-it-all. I'm not sure you could really do more to advance that.

but if you do find the comment you are going on about, which you are welcome to sniff my profile and post history by clicking on my username then you are more than welcome to post it here or in a new topic if you wish to try to discredit me in any way.

You posted the following statement in one of your own threads:

I believe I have found evidence that strict evolutionist would rather turn the science of evolution into religion and then turn around and attack everyone else who has a religion because it does not conform to their religion of evolution.

Your only substantive post in that thread after a request for you to provide proof of your assertion was a link to godandscience.org. You seem to be having difficulty remembering things you've been posting. Maybe you're spreading yourself thin between too many threads?

Anyway... are you planning on replying to the substance of my posts or are you going to just continue suggesting that I have a mental illness or that I'm a sock puppet of another user? Or are you going to just ignore it? Because personal attacks and completely ignoring posts seem to be your main modes of operation when people post replies that you don't have an answer for.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
Keep digging that hole deeper mate......

I am not your 'mate' because in Scientific terms that would mean we are breeding !

I do not see a link to this said topic and the word Believe is also in that statement of mine that is quoted.

Believe and Know are two separate things as we have also already established in other topics about Gnosticism and Theism.

it is irrelevant !

edit on 12/24/2010 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   

"mate" is an Aussie expression that, used in this context, is simply used like the word "guy".

A knowledge of the world outside your window would have aided in you knowing this.

Nice try. Have you googled "troll" yet?

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

yes I know this, my very first GF lives outside Canberra, and we speak all the time... although I prefer proper English when speaking on a Global internet stage especially one that is hosted in the United States... but hey even Ebonics has a voice here.

you may stop calling me a troll if you please because I simply do not agree with you on alot of things and you have done noting but post insults since we have interacted... this is also why I chose to deny ignorance and add you to my rivals list.

can we take a hint ? if you do not like my topic or my tongue then it is by your choice weather to even click on my topics let alone read them in the first place.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   
OP clearly is a troll, he have no interest in accessing the vast amount of knowledge we have given him.
He claims that creationism should be taught alongside evolution, which is utter poppycock!
It is clear he doesn't even posses a high-school understanding of biology!
Evolution is not about the creation of life, its about how species evolves. Creationism is about how life originated and came to be here on earth.
That being said it has also been mentioned several times, that there are thousand of different religious creation stories, which one should we chose. The Hindu? The Buddhist? The Greek Mythology? The Nordic Mythology? The Bible?

You are a perfect example of someone so blind and so ignorant, that even simple facts, cannot penetrate your veil of stupidity!

I am out of this thread, OP is nothing but a troll. And a waste of our time!

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   

BS, mate is used all over the internet and have been for several years, I am from Denmark, and there is no doubt in my mind, that when a male internet user calls me mate, he is calling me friend!
Again just a perfect example of your trolling!

What a joke this thread turned out to be!

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join