It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Norwegian newspaper Aftenposten claims to have been leaked all 251,287 cables

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Norwegian newspaper Aftenposten claims to have been leaked all 251,287 cables

www.wikileaksforum.net

An Oslo-based newspaper reportedly has become the only medium in the world that’s secured unlimited access to more than 250,000 documents initially leaked to the non-profit organization WikiLeaks. The leak from WikiLeaks seems to have spoiled the organization’s strategy to retain control over the vast array of classified material mostly originating from US embassies around the glob
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.newsinenglish.no

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
There are rumours circulating around the net that all of the cables have been released. If this is the case the cat is truly out of the bag.
sofar there has been no comment from wikileaks, so we dont know if this was done on purpose...
If all the cables are out this will prove intersting, but will also make it easier to cover stuff up..

kx

www.wikileaksforum.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Interesting..i wonder when we get to see them..

I assume this includes the stuff on the US Bank..

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by purplemer

Interesting..i wonder when we get to see them..

I assume this includes the stuff on the US Bank..

I wouldn't assume so myself. From what we have been told they are a separate batch of 10,000 documents from memory.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   

“no comment on how we secured access to the documents. We never reveal our sources...” Aftenposten’s ed

lol

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

“no comment on how we secured access to the documents. We never reveal our sources...” Aftenposten’s ed

lol

Since the guardian has already leaked the leaks to the US media, does this mean we are now seeing leaks of leaks of leaks???

Be nice to see if they release the leaks of leaks of leaks or not... and if the leaks of leaks of leaks, marry up with the original leaks, and the leaks of leaks...

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I wonder, what's the purpose to give the cables to a paper in a country with lesse than five million people, that only publishes in Norwegian.

They want to force us all to learn their language, I guess.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

Is your first name Donald ??

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I am sorry if this is a stupid question.

Will the 'poison pill' insurance files be among those that the paper claims to have?

Anyway, I will believe it all when I can read them. I'm PO'ed that they are still holding the best stuff.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by the2ofusr1
reply to post by thoughtsfull

Is your first name Donald ??

I was thinking of myself as Joey from Friends

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Siddharta
I wonder, what's the purpose to give the cables to a paper in a country with lesse than five million people, that only publishes in Norwegian.

learn to read and you may well find out the world does not all speak english.....

and if you do learn to read try reading the links i posted. For if you do you will find that no were in does it say they were given by WL...

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
It was likely to happen at some point, the cables have been disseminated so widely that you simply can’t trust everyone in possession of them to comply with the “drip, drip” leaks that Wikileaks wanted. Or perhaps this is part of their “maximum impact” strategy and is meant to appear as an unplanned leak by a rogue leaker leaking leaks.

From Afterposten (translated):

In cooperation with Svenska Dagbladet, Aftenposten has had access to about 2000 documents which were used as a source for articles published by Aftenposten up until now. Ole Erik Almlid, news editor of Aftenposten, says it has worked for a long time to get access all 250,000 documents.

"We have worked for a long time to get the documents, but it would be wrong of me to say who the source is. We have not paid for the material, which we have gained unconditional access to. It is us who decide what to publish and how it should be handled", he said.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

It is not a stupid question. But i dont think an answer is easy to come by for it.
It is not in the public arena what information is in the insurance documents. Nor is it a poison pill. it is the truth, not poison.

I would think WL are smart enought not to put all there eggs in one basket though...

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Very clever. Now if they go after Julian they have to go after this newspaper too.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Well considerring how many people at WikiLeaks were getting fed up with Julian, this was inevitable.

It sounds like somebody got mad about how things were going and decided to get the stuff out there. Too bad they didn't find a way to disseminate it all in Spanish, English, and Mandrin for the masses. Then it might have been worth the effort.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
Very clever. Now if they go after Julian they have to go after this newspaper too.

I'm not sure about you, but feel the way this is working out with European Govs looks like a big setup to protect Assange.. oh the tangled web that is being woven...

I can't help but feel the next step will be another "I am Spartacus" moment...

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
This newspaper is also reserving the right to publish only what they want to.

It is actually getting quite frustrating as more and more seem to have access to the great secrets and each and every one of them refuses to release more than a tid-bit here and there.

Urrggghhh. Enough already with the big secrecy.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps

Would have been no great loss, in fact lots of people would save many minutes @ day not reading it.

BTW do someone have a link in norwegian or english?
edit on 22-12-2010 by Ivar_Karlsen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

Originally posted by Siddharta

learn to read and you may well find out the world does not all speak english.....

and if you do learn to read try reading the links i posted. For if you do you will find that no were in does it say they were given by WL...

Why does my little joke upset you that much?

1. My language is not English either.
2. Where did I say, WL gave the cables to the newspaper? (My first thought was, that the Guardian already shared with NYTime...)
3. I don't have to comment on that "learn to read" after No 2...

And there is a serious thought behind my joke: Why should it be important for someone to give the cables to a newspaper in a little country, that only publishes in a language most of us don't understand?
If someone wanted to have it all out for the world, I would expect a different approach.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Ivar_Karlsen

I remember reading this article on the 17th, but I didn't realize that it was so exclusive...

In Norwegian: www.aftenposten.no...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join