Neanderthal Killing Floor

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Thanks for the great find.

I am not surprise we are finding a great diversity in behavior. These people were our close cousins and interbred with us.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   

You have written possibly the greatest opening to a work i have seen in awhile.

But i am left wanting to know more. Far, far more. LOL.

Great read.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   

The fact that he lived so long with disabilities is taken by some as evidence that they looked after each other in similar ways to us.

They had a social health care program ?Hm are we to deduce that they bred with capitalist Homo sapiens then went extinct ?

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Your thread reminds me of a book I once read called "Clan of the Cave Bear". For anyone who doesn't know it's about a young human girl who is orphaned and taken in by a clan of neanderthals. Its fictional of course but the ways the author portrays them is facinating and makes you wonder. When most people think of neanderthals they think of them as more animal like than human, but the book implies they were deeply spiritual and even realised that their kind was dying out and mourned the fact.

Anyways, thanks, the subject is very interesting to me, and I enjoy reading about it.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I imagine at the time the cannibalism was a form of survival! They did not choose to eat their own kins flesh, just needed it badly to survive. Have you ever seen "alive" a movie about a bunch of soccer players whose plane crashed and they ate one another to survive? It is sad but reality! I would love a butt steak if I was starving....even raw!

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I see nothing wrong with cannibalism during those times.
I suspect that the majority of each tribe were related, so upon one's death, the greatest gift one could give back to wives, children, siblings, etc. was sustenance.

I weigh around 110 lbs, the size of a really nice doe, so rationally, it would make sense to eat me, rather than go out in bad weather, with primitive tools, to bury a body.

Besides, other organisms will eventually eat a body, regardless of how deep it's buried.
Maybe they figured "Hey, he's getting eaten one way or another, might as well be us doing the eating".

Either way, we modern humans can criticize when we've logged the time on earth that they did.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
They had no problem with it because they probably didn't worship dead bodies as much as we do now. I mean, bury a corpse? The person is already dead!

Cannibalism is fine if you're starving, especially back then. All aslong as you don't start killing each other for food. The group will not benefit from that.
edit on 22-12-2010 by Somehumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
they had to cannibalize each other to reverse the affects of inbreeding

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
plus they're just delicious

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   

I like the Neanderthals. They were a practical people. Nothing went unused. It was a hard world they were born into. They had to do what was necessary to survive.

If chewing on the bones of my cousin and sucking the marrow out of his bones would help the clan to survive, then why not??

I do whatever I can to make sure my clan survives. Why should my efforts and sacrifices cease once I die? If there's something left of me that will ensure the rest live on, I'm not going to cry about it all.

I died!!!!!! Hello! I no longer inhabit this rotting meat suit! Do with it what you want. I'm not inside it! I'm now somewhere else and no longer suffering from arthritis and lumbago. lol lol Hey, if you want, burn my corpse and take the ashes and fertilize your watermelon crop! lol I hope the watermelons are sweeeeeeeeeeeeet!!

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

I know that bloke he works at the local pizza shop

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by thetruedank

i hear they taste just like chicken

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I watched a documentary about human Mad Cow Disease (for the name) in Papua new guinea. When someone died it was an honour to eat their flesh. The men didn't and they didn't get the disease. Christians stopped them from eating each other and the diseases stopped occurring, although there can be a 40 year incubation period. It's also interesting that the killer isn't a virus, it's a protein that mutates other proteins.

Anyhow, the women were interviewed talked about human flesh saying it is MUCH better then beef or chicken. Their faces lit up when they talked about the taste. This is recent history.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   

The stories the make about the past are all assumptions.

They use facts to build these assumptions, they will always be assumptions, unless we time travel backwards.

You can use the same facts to build thousands of other assumptions, but that wouldn't go very well with our arrogance, that we are very smart, but we were very dumb back in the days =:3

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Hey, that photos's of my Uncle Rhemus!

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
The funny part is in thousands of years time people will discover about us and..

..... will have a general assumption that we were cultured, intelligent and wiped out by the success of our own species.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
How come Neanderthals look like a lot of people on earth, mainly in Europe, but with more hair

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
No one give's these Neanderthals any respect, supposedly they were stupid and week. But from what i'v read and gathered of them, its not only that they were they pretty smart, but they could of been smarter then homo sapiens. The only thing is, they existed in the wrong place at the wrong time. While our ancestors were coming from more plentiful wormer climates by way of sea shores were there was plenty of fish, they were already stretched to the limit by the landscape they lived in, so when the two types meet it was not on equal footing. It just begs the question if you take the homo sapiens out of Africa, and put them in that climate and age, with the Neanderthals who really would come out on top, if this so called race of these two races started at the same place and time. Having big brains are nice and all, but when there is snow and ice everywhere and nothing to eat and cant even travel far due to no energy and weather conditions, it nulls that whole brain argument. I't's not like you can invent more prey and game animals in that area at that time, or change the whole climate using your big brain.
You could only move to greener pastures, once the ice leaves.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Ok, just for fun, I'll throw another theory into the discussion.

Modern man has been known to rape his enemy in order to show power and humiliate them. I read somewhere that Humans evolved into making sex last a little longer because of the fickle nature of females and a need to keep them interested to prevent them from straying and cuckolding.

Ancient man would have been more wham bam thank you mam, a sixty second second act!.

Maybe this was a power trip of one tribe over another. Terror and humiliation by cannibalism.

Or more likely

I've read that neolithic bodies were stripped of all their flesh and the bones displayed as part of a religious belief. Maybe this was a place where this being done?

just for fun
edit on 23-12-2010 by tilpah because: typo

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Well, when you have to kill a T-Rex with a ball bat to eat....humans probably look pretty tasty then.
Second line.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join