It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

French village which will 'survive 2012 Armageddon' plagued by visitors

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Found this article today. It is very interesting because the Village and the Mountain in question has a history of Mystery.

The mayor of a picturesque French village has threatened to call in the army to seal it off from a tide of New Age fanatics and UFO watchers, who are convinced it is the only place on Earth to be spared Armageddon in 2012.

Apparently some believe that UFO's are under the mountain after a claim by a local.
The mountain has also been considered the hiding place of the Arch of the Covenant, the inspiration for the movie Close Encounter of the Third kind and related to Jules Vernes Journey to the Centre of the Earth.

One man, Daniel Bettex, died mysteriously on a quest to uncover the truths related to the mountain which involved Cathars.
www.perillos.com...

So, who is packing for France?

edit on 22/12/10 by atlasastro because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
France is home to some pretty iffy stuff : Rennes-le-chateau, tons of Grail legends, Paris. This one will bear a little watching. Thanks for the post...time to do a little digging, methinks.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Cyprian

Thanks for posting.

I have found some obscure sites relating to Bettex and the Mountain. I am trying to find the claim made by the local regarding the UFO under the mountain.

It is an intriguing story.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
As soon as I saw your title, I thought let me guess Languedoc .I was only discussing King Richard the Lionheart and that area two days ago .
edit on 22-12-2010 by 13th Zodiac because: Typo

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
there is already a thread on this

www.abovetopsecret.com...

thanks.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Many sites on the Earth shall be gathering points for the Enlightened. This is one but also the Mojave site, Taos, Machu Pichu, the Great Pyramids...there will be 1000s of vimanas retrieving the saved tenth of humanity while the skeptics and debunkers are drowned and destroyed by fire.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
@ NahumTheCelestial
oohhhhhh...is that so? Bet you are wrong. Your comment is the exact equivalent of saying "If you do not believe in god you burn in hell".

edit on 25-12-2010 by radkrish because: forgot to point out

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by NahumTheCelestial

So, I guess that means you are packing for one of the "sites" then. Is that correct? If so, which one are you heading for?
edit on 25/12/10 by atlasastro because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I'd call the army on them too.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
This seems like the equivalent of a religious pilgrimage for new agers and such. ...

... and why is it this place will be supposedly spared ??

Sounds like the tourism board put in a little too much work, what a bunch of bullocks.

After 2012 these people will look like fools.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Well I'm at a loss for words.
Since when do any authority close something off that could be used for tourist dollars to help the economy in this day and age?
THAT alone tells me there is something to it.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Flighty

Yet has it been closed off ???

Perhaps it is this illusion of exclusivity which will only generate more traffic and inquiry.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Flighty

It has not been closed off. The town's people are "threatening" to call authorities. That is the jist of the articles. Nothing has been blocked off or closed.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

I think you are right.
No one asked Lourdes(another French religious pilgramege site) to be shut down, so I think you make an excellent point.
It could be just a publicity stunt by the Towns people to generate tourism.
I guess time will tell.

Thank you for the thoughtful responses.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by atlasastro
reply to post by Flighty

It has not been closed off. The town's people are "threatening" to call authorities. That is the jist of the articles. Nothing has been blocked off or closed.

The mayor of a picturesque French village has threatened to call in the army to seal it off

Sending in the Army is way over the top.
But as interstella said it could very well be to create some exclusivity. So in the end it could mean more
$$/

edit on 26-12-2010 by Flighty because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join