It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The crazies have invaded a french village

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
www.telegraph.co.uk...

This new religion of Ufology needs a name and also what should the followers be called?

They believe without solid proof of any kind....kind of like all religion. Just like religion...they have thier photos, videos and eye witness testimony. Since they like to use the line that all pilots, military personall and world leaders having some type of encounter that make this phenomenon more believable...well guess what a lot of those same people have a religion and will tell you they have had some kind of experience to back it up...so God is real...welll by your standards anyways

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

Great.....another "believers" vs skeptic thread , more mud slinging , warnings and bans ahead .
As for the article ....

Plus a thread already exists
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 22-12-2010 by gortex because: ETA

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
www.telegraph.co.uk...

This new religion of Ufology needs a name and also what should the followers be called?

They believe without solid proof of any kind....kind of like all religion. Just like religion...they have thier photos, videos and eye witness testimony. Since they like to use the line that all pilots, military personall and world leaders having some type of encounter that make this phenomenon more believable...well guess what a lot of those same people have a religion and will tell you they have had some kind of experience to back it up...so God is real...welll by your standards anyways

This is a load of rubbish! We all know that the ufo phenomenon is very real. Anyone who dismisses it is just ignorant. I mean, do the militery and governments around the world have thousands of documents on God sightings? No, they do not.

It amazes me that with all the ufo evidence out there, there are still people who think its rubbish. In fact, these people are using their own belief system to come to this conclusion. Just like a hardcore believers has a blind belief, so do de-bunkers.

We don't know what some of these ufo's are. Could be natural, could be secret projects, and it could be aliens, we just don't know. But to dismiss the subject is rather stupid indeed.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Um... do we know UFO's are real? Or do we just know that some reports of flying objects are unidentified?

Being into the paranormal/esoteric/etc shouldn't mean you believe 100% in something and get angry when people suggest it isnt real, it should mean you've got an open mind as to the matter one way or the other.

20+ years of hearing people talk about UFO's has really left me wondering why the big disclosure thats always 'just around the corner' never materialises...

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

Well, since you compare religion to alien beliefs, doesn't it figure?
The gods were aliens!
The "gods" were just a pre-technological culture describing the same thing!

Incidentally, are you sure there's no proof for alien life?
Mysterious red rain and meteor jelly suggest we have not only found it, but that earth has been seeded from space.
Please see:

edit on 22-12-2010 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaxSteiner
Um... do we know UFO's are real? Or do we just know that some reports of flying objects are unidentified?

Being into the paranormal/esoteric/etc shouldn't mean you believe 100% in something and get angry when people suggest it isnt real, it should mean you've got an open mind as to the matter one way or the other.

20+ years of hearing people talk about UFO's has really left me wondering why the big disclosure thats always 'just around the corner' never materialises...

Off course we know that some ufos are real and unexplained. If people study the subject, and its cases, then i really can't see how people can claim that they are not real. The problem i believe, is the ET factor when it comes to ufo's. This makes the subject of ufo's a bit of a laughing, and stops the serious media scientific research.

I say scientific media research instead of scientific reasearch because i truely believe that behind closed doors, this subject is being taken very seriously by governments around the world. Militery sightings alone would make governments around the world take notice.

Yes, people like to think that their governments tell the truth, and on the ufo subject, they seem to believe the governments stance. But ufo documents alone show that governments have in fact taken this subject very seriously.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-morris
I mean, do the militery and governments around the world have thousands of documents on God sightings? No, they do not.

The governments like to keep detailed records of anything that can control the masses. So yeah, I would think that they do keep records of God sightings. Of course I'm sure any government department will deny all knowledge and state it isn't in their realm.

The back of a US bank note does state 'In God We trust' - don't you think the US would be keeping tabs on someone like that?

As for the article, if I was that village I'd stop bitching about the amount of tourists and set up a lot of shops and stalls selling crystals, plastic aliens and other assorted crap that alien tourists will pay money for.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

UFO's are flying objects that are unidentified (unidentified flying object stands is what UFO stands for). That means if there are flying objects that are unidentified then UFO's exist. Does that make sense?

Do we know whether flying saucers are real is another question entirely.
edit on 22/12/10 by Pimander because: Added last line

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Well nobody knows who or what for certain is piloting these craft if being piloted at all, we know they are under intelligent control either biological or AI. Aliens, Demons, Inter Dimensional time travelers, Nazi Vrill , Black Projects blah... we just do not know. But they are there, and they are obviously beyond our modern technology and display maneuvers that defy modern aviation in physics. Now the close minded skeptic in some will not acknowledge the reality of this, it is just as silly as this french billy mier type village cult get together.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Unknown Soldier

I know there are UFO's because I witnessed some....I am not saying they do not exist. I don't have a problem with that...what I do have a problem with is....the people who say that for a fact they are piloted by aliens...how do they know...do they have intel, evidence that we do not and if so...show it. When I say I have witnessed UFO's...I mean at the time.I was unable to identify them...not that someone else could not. I believe they are black ops....and that the government is using the "aliens are here" scenario as a cover.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

No I do not believe the Gods were aliens...I believe the ancient people were just superstitious and just conjured up stories to describe natural phenomenon they otherwise had no way of knowing about. Gods and aliens may just be real...or they may be delusions...until there is 100% evidence either way..it is all myths. The favorite quotes of believers is "absence of evidence is not evidence of absence" well that also goes the other way...the absence of evidence may just mean that there is nothing to leave evidence...

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Please contribute to the existing thread here.

Closed.

new topics

top topics

join