It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Cult of bin Laden

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Lets talk about Bin Laden. Forget Saddam. Bin orchestrated 9/11.
Three years have passed since that tragedy. The Twin Towers have not been vindicated.

The American public is known throughout the world for being stupid.
Sadly, the public's dismissal of Bin Laden as The Guy We Should Be Hunting
only proves them to be right.

Don't you all realize Bush invading Iraq played right into Bin's hands???
That Bin, like, jumped for joy that we sent troops over there???

USE YOUR BRAINS, AMERICANS!!!!

Lets educate ourselves Bin. He's a cult leader of sorts, right?

Lets see how un-dumb the US public really is.

Tell me what you know about Bin. If you aren't educated about him
you are going to continue to fall for this "focus on Saddam" crap
and lose sight of the fact Bin IS STILL AT LARGE.

[edit on 6-7-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I'm not American, but..
The Bin Laden family are one of the richest construction companies in the Middle East.
They have been to the UK a lot of times, with their son Osama, and there were photographs in the press of it.. Osama turned to terrorism against Russia when they invaded Afghanistan, and when this happened, he was outcasted from the family.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Bin laden was the son of a weathy Saudi construction company owner Mohammad Bin Laden...owner of the Bin Laden group spelled binladin. He died in 1968 when his private jet crahed in the souther mountains of Saudi Arabia. A young Osama inherted his fathers business and money totalling 30 million to 60 million. He's most noted for fighting with the muahidajeen and defeating the soviets. More???

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I think most of the people that use this forum will have a good idea who Bin Laden is and what he has achieved. I could write a lot of his history from his father coming from Yemen to Saudi Arabia around 1930, to the Afghan war which made his name. I've read about 10 books on Bin Laden (the best probably being 'Holy War Inc' by Peter Bergen) but still have many unanswered questions.
I agree about the invasion of Iraq being a great thing for Bin Laden and his followers. When the US bombed Afghanistan I think most Muslims could understand it , but the war in Iraq coming when the war on Bin Laden hadn't even finished, made them think it was a war against muslims rather than a war against terrorism. Then Bin Laden found new admirers, it turned one man into a movement (Bin Ladenism if you will)
It may be a long time till we see the end of Bin Laden and his followers.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   
The bin Laden family was also very chummy with the house of Saud. They had the contracts to rebuild the mosques at Mecca and Medina. That was where the bin Laden family really made their name.

As far is Usama becoming a cult figure, I believe that is true.
Yes, bin Laden did say he would love for the US to invade Iraq. It would take the focus off of him, and make it easier for him to justify his anti-western venom.

I think that the MEDIA has been giving more attention to Iraq then to Afghanistan. There is still a war going on there, it's just been pushed to the back page.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Bush and Bin laden have something going on between each other. after the attacks he flew 13 of bin ladens family out of the us mostly because they werent involved and would have been criticized. but we had our chance at him and let him slip he is know in the mountains of pakistan were we cant go. he is probably sittin on a donkey on top of a hill smokin a dooby.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by bushblows
Lets talk about Bin Laden. Forget Saddam. Bin orchestrated 9/11.
USE YOUR BRAINS, AMERICANS!!!!
Lest we forget that Osama Bin Laden also denies responsibility for the 9/11 episode. Most think that Osama Bin Laden masterminded the 9/11 episode, when he really did not. There are greater forces at work behind the United States Government's policies and the orchestration of the 9/11 terror attacks. Osama Bin Laden and the Al-Qaeda was just the name the Officials spewed out as the people to blame.

A quote by the Business Partner of G. W. Bush, Osama Bin Laden:

Referring to evidence obtained by American intelligence, bin laden said: "Ask this question to these intelligence agencies that get billions of dollars every year."

The above quote meaning to get the American people to question the CIA. But of course, this organization is above the law, and one that is not responsible to the American people.

American forces or G. W. Bush isn't playing into Osama Bin Laden's hands, they are playing into someone else's.

Bin Laden Denies Ignorance

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   
The fight of bin laden and Al-queda towards US has it roots on Saudi Arabia, bin laden wants US out of all Arab counties.

In approximately 1989, bin Laden and co-defendant Muhammad Atef founded "Al Qaeda," " an international terrorist group ... which was dedicated to opposing non-Islamic governments with force and violence."

Al-queda also support other terrorist groups, Their goal was to take over Saudi goverment eliminatin the monarchy and stablishing a Taliban rule, in wish women were to go back to the harem.

He had ties with Afghanistan, Pakistan, Somalia and Kenya for the use of Al Qaeda and its affiliated groups," against US nationals.

Thank to the strikes in Afghanistan we had halted his target, Saudi Arabia.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 06:53 PM
link   
thank you for the thought provoking replies. They were interesting
to read & I learned alot about Bin Laden's background.

I'm wondering if you all have read his "Letter To the American People"?

It's online, though I don't recall it being on the news here in the NY area.

Reading his letters is interesting because it gives you insight into
his "agenda". It also makes you realize (or atleast it helped me to realize)
our invading Iraq totally helped fuel his Jihad.

Check a few of his letters out sometime.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I think the American public isn't as dumb as everyone would like to think. However we are getting very complacent and that is a big mistake!
While bin Laden may still be a threat and I am not so convinced that is true...I think there are others far more dangerous...Zarqawi and others we don't even know the names of yet. Not to mention Iran...it could be that the goat lover bin Laden while holed up in his caves (if he is even still alive) is not as much of a threat!

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   
One thought. By attacking near the start of Bush's presidency, rather than near an election, he allowed Bush plenty of time to "react" before he's forced to go before the voters. This may have been intentional.

If the Bush family are really his enemy, he would have wanted push him out of office, not give them plenty of time to fight back, unless enticing the US further into the ME was part of a larger trap.

new topics

top topics

join