It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cannot login to Media Centre

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   
I'm experiencing difficulty when attempting to change my avatar picture through the TOOLS \ PROFILE option.

What I am doing:

1. Clicking on Tools (on ATS menu bar)
2. Clicking on Profile (on sub-menu)
3. Scrolling down to the link to change my avatar
4. It takes me to the [email protected] page and requests that I log into the media centre.
5. I enter my correct [and obviously exact] log in details.

Nothing happens, apart from the screen refreshing leaving the username and password block on a default setting and thus preventing me from making any changes, adding or viewing any the photos I have stored there.

Does anyone know what might be causing this? Does someone have a solution to this problem?

Thank you in advance,

Baz

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by BAZ752

I usually go there from Tools / Pictures
Is that any different for you?

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

I've just tried it Dave and it takes me to the exact same page. Try to re-enter my login details and it refreshes, again, but goes to default username and password. Don't know why it won't let me in. I've even checked my internet settings just to be sure, but everything is functioning as normal.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by BAZ752

Hmm.
Mine is working so I guess it's not a site wide issue.
I guess we have to see if a mod answers as I can't think what it could be

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

I think so. Well, thanks for your input anyway Dave.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I tried to duplicate your problem.

I did not experience your scenario but perhaps a bit slow in page refresh (which may be a number of things including traffic, or server maintenance).

Try shutting down your browser and going back to duplicate the event. What ever happens, come back to this page and post your results and the time of your attempt, (also include your browser, the version of it and what OS your using and any programs you have running in the background (IE: Anti-virus, malware killers, pop-up blockers, firewalls, etc.)

Hopefully the clearing of anything in your cache can help (cookies clearing, internet temp files, etc.)

Johnny

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

I followed your instructions but unfortunately returned to the same results. It's peculiar.

It's the same result whether I try to change my avatar through the profile setting or if I go direct to the tools \ pictures route.

Thanks,

Baz

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by BAZ752
I followed your instructions but unfortunately returned to the same results. It's peculiar.

It's the same result whether I try to change my avatar through the profile setting or if I go direct to the tools \ pictures route.

I'm passing this on to the rest of staff, to see if they've heard of any other 'similar' scenarios..

Johnny

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

Thanks for your input, Johnny. Appreciated.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Tribewilder just solved the problem for me here on my similar thread..

I had changed my password and my original one worked. Does this help?

top topics

join