It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Zealand army releases UFO files

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Wellington - The New Zealand military released hundreds of previously classified reports Wednesday detailing claims of unidentified flying object (UFO) sightings and alien encounters.

The reports, dating from 1954 to 2009, were released under freedom of information laws after the New Zealand Defence Force removed names and other identifying material.

In about 2 000 pages of documents, members of the public, military personnel and commercial pilots outline close encounters, mostly involving moving lights in the sky.

Some of the accounts include drawings of flying saucers, descriptions of aliens wearing "pharaoh masks" and alleged examples of extraterrestrial writing.

Before their release, Air Force squadron leader Kavae Tamariki said the Defence Force did not have the resources to investigate UFO sightings and would not be commenting on the files' contents.

"We've just been a collection point for the information. We don't investigate or make reports, we haven't substantiated anything in them," he told the Dominion Post.

One of the most comprehensive files concerns two sightings of strange lights off the South Island town of Kaikoura in 1978, one of which was captured by a television crew aboard a plane in the area.

The incident made international headlines at the time but a contemporary Air Force report found it could be explained by natural phenomena such as lights from boats being reflected off clouds or an unusual view of the planet Venus.

The original documents on which the reports released Wednesday were based will remain sealed in the national archive, some until 2080.

- SAPA

Sourced From: www.news24.com...

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Some of the accounts include drawings of flying saucers, descriptions of aliens wearing "pharaoh masks" and alleged examples of extraterrestrial writing.

sorry but what it this fuss all about?

drawings...witnesses??? been there done that many many times..

what we need is physical proof!!!...decapitated alien head shall do quite well
edit on 22-12-2010 by heineken because: to add...color tag is offline bro

edit on 22-12-2010 by heineken because: color tag now worked Oo

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Disclosures coming, get ready for it.
Ask yourself why lots of goverments, including UK, brazil, new zealand, are releasing their ufo files at this crucial time?
When the US OF A going to let the cat out of the bag for all the non believers to be proven wrong?

Time is of the essance.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by pkpuck
Ask yourself why lots of goverments, including UK, brazil, new zealand, are releasing their ufo files at this crucial time?
When the US OF A going to let the cat out of the bag for all the non believers to be proven wrong?

Time is of the essance.

Registered: 15-10-2010 - dear friend,,,you will soon realize nobody, no gov, no CIA , no one got material for disclosure..nobody...only the starchild skull qualifies for further inspection but it is not been given the right attention by scientists..shame on them!!!!

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   
One of the most comprehensive files concerns two sightings of strange lights off the South Island town of Kaikoura in 1978, one of which was captured by a television crew aboard a plane in the area. The incident made international headlines at the time but a contemporary Air Force report found it could be explained by natural phenomena such as lights from boats being reflected off clouds or an unusual view of the planet Venus.

y am i even in this thread

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by heineken

I know this, i dont need to see hard evidence is the point i argue, i already believe, and then you get people saying "there it is again, you BELIEVE" and im like yes i believe.

I dont need hard evidence because you'd have to be real stupid or something to think that were the only life here in this vast universe. right? do people think were it, the ones.
were part of a vast network of life. everything is concious. were all made of the same stuff, we act like computers (were programmed).
Also the fact that lots of scientists have studied the issue and come back with some intresting finds means theres something to it, imnot waiting around for official disclosure, its already here for me.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by pkpuck

i totally agree with you here...i am too a believer...what i dont believe is that someone is hiding something...IMO aliens have yet to discover our planet because once they do we will know...WE WILL KNOW..we will need to run..and as fast as we could

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   

In about 2 000 pages of documents, members of the public, military personnel and commercial pilots outline close encounters, mostly involving moving lights in the sky.

Laughing at this subject as usual. Let me guess.......over 2000 pages of material and, as with all the other governments "releases", nothing that can even remotely be consider a smoking gun is presented? Yup. Thread Fail.

I fall asleep at night just wishing we had more reports of light in the sky and commercial pilot/military pilot crap to shed "light" on this subject. rotflmoa.

I guess the only government that has smoking gun evidence is the US then, huh? I can't imagine all the other governments in the world, if this thing is real, have nothing more than cheesy reports and possible videos of nothing more than youtube lights?

Before you consider your reply, sit down, let logic, reason and common sense sink in, you might understand what I am getting at here......

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by pkpuck

Time is of the essance.

I wish I had not missed the last 15 times disclosure was imminent... I really wish time was of the essence, but I just get the feeling (Perhaps I'm a prophet, or have I just seen the past over and over and over) that disclosure is about as imminent as the simpsons becoming funny again.

oh well, what have it - more doodles and whispers...

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

Exactamundo - as fonzie would say.

A bazillion (not to be confused with a large number of brazillions with adobe aftereffects irl) military types of all rank could come forward and pronounce x = true and y = coverup.

It takes ONE - ONE - 1, less than 2, more than zero, that being a number larger than nothing but less than infinity, starting at the integer closest to nothing, to come forward WITH EVIDENCE that cannot be refuted.

I do like some of the stories told from military people, but at the end of the day, it's just hearsay. Nothing confirmed, and back to the drawing board we go.

And verifiable evidence at that, not someone who knew a major at a base in 1945 who witnessed something he can't explain, now, in their twilight years coming forth to pronounce their faith.

Give me evidence, or give me silence. The noise is overwhelming, and this does not mean disclosure is imminent.

edit on 22/12/2010 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join