It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New strategy in cancer treatment using gold nanoparticle-based therapeutics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   

New strategy in cancer treatment using gold nanoparticle-based therapeutics

www.news-medical.net...

The World Gold Council (WGC) is delighted with the successful phase 1 clinical trial of a unique nanomedicine that uses nanoparticles of gold as the core of a delivery system for tumour targeted drug delivery. The research, published in the current edition of Clinical Cancer Research, was carried out by US-based life sciences company CytImmune Sciences Inc.

CytImmune's technology is at the forefront of a raft of gold-based innovations as described earlier this year by the WGC in a paper entitle
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related articles:
www.news-medical.net...
www.wired.com...
www.sciencedaily.com...

edit on 12/22/2010 by wisdomnotemotion because: additional related links

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Get ready everyone. Phase 1 clinical trial was successful. Gold nanoparticles will become the smoking gun in cancer treatment or any other diseases. When hospitals start to accept this as norm, we can expect to see gold price skyrocket into the galaxy.

The benefits of gold on health was rumored way back in the old days but now, it's becoming a reality.

www.news-medical.net...
edit on 12/22/2010 by wisdomnotemotion because: errors in forum auto coding

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
it didnt help king tut, but hope it works out better than a zombie virus. its a-i nanomachines id be afraid of. good post

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by GenerationXisMarching
it didnt help king tut, but hope it works out better than a zombie virus. its a-i nanomachines id be afraid of. good post

You have a good point here. Maybe they've already id some of us.

I'm wondering whether nano-timebomb is possible also. Those jabs people get may contain their nanoparticles. You know, they can send certain frequencies and causing those nanoparticles to move up into our brain. They can kill whoever and whenever they want.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by wisdomnotemotion

Cool post, I like to see this kind of info on ATS.

It may be a long time before this becomes a standard of practice. It still has to pass phase II and III which will be very difficult with the huge regulations of the FDA. And it takes years for new approved therapies to reach people outside of medical college cities and towns.

Gold seems to be a nifty biocompatible medium. It's already used in plant gene therapy. They coat gold with DNA and genes of interest and shoot it into cells (the gene gun). Hopefully these new therapies will end the use of toxic chemo and radiation.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Meh, maybe I'll invest in gold. For cancer treatment, should I ever need it, I would treat myself with blood electrification and meditation and the tears of the phoenix. I have no confidence in medical science.

Bob Beck - Blood Electrification - check it out.
edit on 22-12-2010 by purplemonkeydishwasher because: sp

top topics

join