It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YouTube Ratings: A Sign of Majority Vote? (Another Observation)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   
After viewing several YouTube videos and noticing the "Like" & "Dislike" counts, I can't help but see the ratio of Truth support vs. Government Supporters.

This of course is just a small sample, but with millions of views for several videos it appears the truth community
has the majority for not believing the official story.

Something more to think about when 'they' tell us we are just a small few

In my circle of friends, it's also the same. It's about a 60/40 split for supporting a new investigation.

Don't let them tell you otherwise. Keep spreading the word. There is new info coming out on a regular
basis. The professionals keep signing petitoins (AE911 is almost at 1,400 now). More high profile
people are getting in the faces of politicians.

Thanks for reading. Just wanted to 'voice' that observation.
edit on 22-12-2010 by turbofan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by turbofan

Thank you for posting this.
Hope exists.

S+F

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I think people who dont want to see it, do not open those clips to begin with. However that is just my speculation.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I personally feel that those numbers have to do with who chooses to view the videos in the first place, which would skew certain demographics and majorities. Truthers would naturally be far more likely to be looking up videos and especially ones that claim to have evidence of controlled demolition or other theories. The people who accept the official story might watch memorial videos and not the conspiracy ones, because they are simply less interested. The only reason I've seen most of the ones I have is because I joined ATS.

Something that I've actually noticed heavily among truthers who are not bound by ToS like ATS is that if anyone tries to voice a view that is contrary to the conspiracy point of view on a youtube video, the "truthers" will be ravenous and hungry for blood, getting angry and as loud as one can be in type, going so far as to attempt to absolutely defame the person they are fighting, rather than debating. 9/11 isn't just an issue that needs resolved for them. It's an emotional cause that they have invested in. But that's diverting from the initial point of this thread, so I'll stop here.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Varemia

Quite true; I can't really argue against those points.

The internet is obviously the main resource for researching most topics of 9/11 and YouTube has a big
part in the information flow.

It would be safe to assume that both sides of the debate would (should?) / might watch the same videos to
research each point of view.

Even then, I don't click the like/dislike button after watching a video.

It's not a solid method of measure...but the numbers that are posted are in favour for the 'truth movement'

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Varemia

Well if you say something crazy most people will want you to back it up. Saying that the events occoured due to random fire and damage beating all odds explained with a report that leaves out details and uses half truths does not cut it for most. If you present a scenario that is not the most likely scenario you have to make a good case. Little going on for the official conspiracy theory.

I can understand they are angry if they are Americans, their country has been attacked and the perpetrators are being protected and are still in charge. Not only that, because of that attack, their country embarked on 2 wars, which is killing more of their countrymen each day. I would be more worried if they wouldnt be angry. Are most Germans angry at the Nazis today, for staging the Reichstagfire and using it as a pretext for war?

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cassius666
reply to post by Varemia

Well if you say something crazy most people will want you to back it up. Saying that the events occoured due to random fire and damage beating all odds explained with a report that leaves out details and uses half truths does not cut it for most. If you present a scenario that is not the most likely scenario you have to make a good case. Little going on for the official conspiracy theory.

I can understand they are angry if they are Americans, their country has been attacked and the perpetrators are being protected and are still in charge. Not only that, because of that attack, their country embarked on 2 wars, which is killing more of their countrymen each day. I would be more worried if they wouldnt be angry. Are most Germans angry at the Nazis today, for staging the Reichstagfire and using it as a pretext for war?

I think that all I can reply to this is that you are not qualified to say which is more likely. I'm not either, but the attitude you hold that is always implying that you "know" that the official story is nigh impossible is just ridiculous. It is your opinion that it is so impossible, and that's a fact. It's my opinion that the official story is very likely to be true, and you have no right to belittle my opinion over your own.

Now that I've got that off my chest, I'll just continue with the thread topic. I believe that the youtube videos are not indicative of the popular idea of things. If you were going by ratings, then we could say that nigahiga is the smartest, most talented comedian in the world. 3 million subscribers after all!

I can't say for certain, but probably less than 15% of people "like" or "dislike" anyway. I know I rarely ever do.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Varemia

I dont see how I belittled your opinion. I merely said the official conspiracy theory is supported by half truths. Anyway I dont think this is about opinion at all, but you are free to have your own approach to the topic.

The point I wanted to make is that if they believe their goverment lied to them over 911 they would be angry. And if they believe their goverment was directly involved in killing their countrymen and that based on this lie their countrymen keep dying in 2 more wars its easy to see why so many people, mostly Americans, are outraged and very angry.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cassius666
reply to post by Varemia

I dont see how I belittled your opinion. I merely said the official conspiracy theory is supported by half truths. Anyway I dont think this is about opinion at all, but you are free to have your own approach to the topic.

The point I wanted to make is that if they believe their goverment lied to them over 911 they would be angry. And if they believe their goverment was directly involved in killing their countrymen and that based on this lie their countrymen keep dying in 2 more wars its easy to see why so many people, mostly Americans, are outraged and very angry.

If you're going to keep saying things like that, then please support them. Your response was immediately that the theory about the hijackers (which was put together by the 9/11 commission), NIST's report (which took 6-8 years to be completed, including WTC 1,2, and 7), as well as every other agreeing paper is filled with half-truths. That's your opinion until you support it. I mean, I completely agree that the 9/11 Commission's report was probably bogus and filled to the brim with issues, but it's the engineers and technical people that I feel didn't do a bad job.

I also understand that when people feel that they are being lied to about 9/11 that they would be angry, but honestly, an angry mob is not what we need right now. Violence begets only Violence, and I'll as easily strike down an angry truther as I would an angry OS supporter. It is ridiculous that so many of the youtube "truthers" are by all intents and purposes evil. They just feel justified in their belief that the government is a giant beehive bent on destroying their lives, when really the government is a giant machine that has so many gears that they are having trouble communicating with each other. Place yourself in the right location and the gears will turn for you.

top topics

join