It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sun wheels, fire chariots and winged discs

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SincerelySarcastic
I love how some people think this way: Of course SUN wheels will be all over the world, because everybody can see the SUN.

Sun wheels have little to do with our Sun, today. Sorry. Do a tad more research... None of the features of sun wheels / lightning wheels, etc. match our Sun (central circle emplaced within a slightly larger circle inside a very much larger circle, between 3, 4 and 8+ radial spokes, etc. etc.), except in the most general sense of "they're both round" (the same could be said of an orange)... And the related mythology and motifs (cosmic wheel, plant/flower of life, Eye of Ra, etc, etc. umpteen other related motifs) make pretty clear that they DON'T refer to the Sun, at least not what we're familiar with. See my prior post and then read. A LOT... Trust me, 2 minutes and out won't quite do it. Lots of inter-related material to cover to get the big picture.

But anyway. Yeah, watch the Symbols of an Alien Sky videos (all of 'em) to get a sense of what is being proposed as the result of an interdisciplinary approach to reading mythology and the associated symbolism of ancient cultures. The work is still very much 'in progress,' but quite fascinating.

Best,
~MG
edit on 3-1-2011 by mgmirkin because: edit out typo. blah.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Hi

Thanks for an interesting thread. You might be interested in a new book by Jacques Vallee and Chris Aubeck, called "Wonders in the sky: Unexplained Aerial Objects from Antiquity to Modern Times." It was published in 2010 by Jeremy P Tarcher. New York. ISBN 978-1-58542-820-5.

It covers a chronology of 500 cases abstracted mainly from original documentation.

My co-blogger has recently reviewed the book at

ufos-scientificresearch.blogspot.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Hi

Thanks for an interesting thread. You might be interested in a new book by Jacques Vallee and Chris Aubeck, called "Wonders in the sky: Unexplained Aerial Objects from Antiquity to Modern Times." It was published in 2010 by Jeremy P Tarcher. New York. ISBN 978-1-58542-820-5.

It covers a chronology of 500 cases abstracted mainly from original documentation.

My co-blogger has recently reviewed the book at

ufos-scientificresearch.blogspot.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pimander

Originally posted by Kandinsky
reply to post by hoghead cheese

Actually it's more than possible that much of what we look for in regards to technology did get destroyed. We had a global flood/ cataclysm that happened at least 10,000 BC (most likely longer).

I've no doubt a lot of our history is submerged; but disagree about a 'global flood.' Sure, the sea has risen and regional flood events are a familiar act of nature to this day. The thing is, those rising sea levels could only be cataclysmic if people remained still for a couple of hundred years whilst it lapped around their ankles.

I have to agree with Kandinsky that any flood like the one described in the Bible and other myths is likely to have been regional.

A global catastrophe, if it happened, may have included regional flooding. If said regional flooding was caused by a comet impact then on other parts on the planet the impact may caused earthquakes and associated volcanism. The volcanic dust might lead to global cooling as less sunlight gets through the atmosphere - like a nuclear winter. Now that would be catastrophic. Even enough dust to destroy agriculture would send a civilisation back to the hunter gatherer stage.

However if the civilisation had technology like ours then would the catastrophe destroy enough for the civilisation to leave little trace? That's doubtful, unless it was VERY ancient. However if an advanced civilisation had a different type of advanced technology, then maybe we do not recognise it and it's under our noses?

Advanced missing prehistoric civilisation then is, in my view possible. It's either very ancient though or of a different type to our own and we may just not recognise it.

Why was this so important to this thread??? I was enjoying that but forgot why I was going on....Oh yes, many of the Gods associated with winged disks are also associated with bringing agriculture etc back after a disaster and triggering a new civilisation. Maybe they are the symbols of a 'God like' brotherhood who still had the knowledge from the old one or had survived somehow? It's so easy to just say alien intervention all the time. Even if they could fly, they might have been from Earth. Whoever they are, they seem to have a beard more often than the current crop of space invaders. How many close encounter reports recently reported guys dressed as Santa

Thats the key, the flooding was localized but it was relative to where you as a society was located. The oceans where lower by 350 to 400 feet at least in depth due to water being locked up in the ice sheets. Then the ice started to melt, and it did go slowly but melting ice doesn't all melt at the same rate. Massive lakes of ice melt where trapped on the surface of the glaciers and/or inside the glaciers. Then when the weight of the ice lakes took it's toll on the ice dams, it broke and a massive amounts of water came shooting into the ocean. Imagine a wall of water 10 or 20 or even 50 miles wide coming through an ice wall and at one time flowing into the ocean, thats a massive tsunami. Imagine a lake the size of 2/3 of canada just emptying into the ocean. If you don't believe me smaller ones have happened later in the meltdown in the upper plains of the US (just google ice sheet floods in the US). That much water and the kinetic energy of it moving the rest of the ocean would have been enough to cause a massive wave and swamp the coastal cities of many of our civilizations at the time (remember most civilizations tend to live by large bodies of water for fishing and whatever needs). Most of the seas in the middleeast didn't exists as they where back during the ice age, they formed once the land barrier was breached by the rising seas from the melt of the ice.

So when you have a flood myth from another part of the world that happened incrediblly fast, it did. Because something (like a spit of land or cliff) was holding the water back and once it breached it it came like a tsunami to flood arid land. Then with the ones on the shores of the coast the massive amounts of water forced the oceans to increase quickly so they saw it happening quick for them.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Now worship of the sun in any society ancient or modern is understandable considering the role it plays in human survival. But it is when the deities associated with the sun also start being associated with advance technology specifically flight, it begins to raise eyebrows as to whether these are documented encounters with beings who have been shaping our technological advancements as well as every other aspect of our society as a whole. It could also be quite possible that the sun was used by these custodial beings as a power source.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoghead cheese
So when you have a flood myth from another part of the world that happened incrediblly fast, it did. Because something (like a spit of land or cliff) was holding the water back and once it breached it it came like a tsunami to flood arid land. Then with the ones on the shores of the coast the massive amounts of water forced the oceans to increase quickly so they saw it happening quick for them.

But you forget that a flood would not destroy an entire civilisation. It would need to be accompanied by other problems (like global cooling associated with volcanism and a comet impact) or the disaster would not be catastrophic enough to send humans back to a primitive stage.

It would need more than just the flooding described by some writers (e.g. Graham Hancock) to cause that much damage to civilisation.

Why do I get the feeling a need to confirm the biblical version of events motivates a lot of peoples obsession with flooding being the main cause of catastrophes?
edit on 5/1/11 by Pimander because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I just saw this thread:
Could This Be The Winged Planet Nibiru?
www.abovetopsecret.com...
by imd12c4funn
started on 4/16/2009 @ 11:11 PM

and posted this to it:

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are

An image of the God Ahura Mazda

SOHO Image

Thought you'd find it interesting, unless of course you've already seen it

edit on 5/25/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: formatting

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Wow, I didn't know there were so many ancient Sumerian depictions of the winged disk - but with people riding in them! Then Ancient Egypt shows Ra coming down in the winged disk onto the back of the Sphinx when the Sphinx still had a lion head.

It is certainly more than a 50% chance that something completely strange and unknown happened in the last 20,000 years.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
The sun-wingers are one faction, the serpents another...from what I can tell.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join