It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Zealand releases UFO government files

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Nventual

I didn't only find how candid their response was on the contrails to be strange (Mr. Kyd?) but the next page with the news clipping was a little odd don't you think? Hospitals overrunning with respiratory infections? A little coincidental for it to be next to the contrail explanation.
edit on 22-12-2010 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

There was also an incident this year in my city where the hospitals had an influx of people who couldn't breath properly. It was blamed on the weather and called "lightning asthma". Sounded like bull to me and it was never spoken of again.

I can't even find any news articles on it now but they did exist. All I could find was this post on a forum referencing it:

Since were on the topic of health issues,has anyone out there suffered a bad bout of asthma attack in the last couple of days in Victoria?.I for one have,last night,only to hear that many people were taken to hospital for the same reason due to the weather conditions which Doctors blamed it on "lightning asthma".I've never had asthma in my life,but last night with the extreme humidity i had trouble breathing.My lungs felt that they were clogged,and i was struggling to breath.I know i suffer from hay fever,and this year looks like a real bad one coming up,but Ive never experienced what i experienced last night. Back to normal today.Still scratching my head as to what the hell hit me.

edit on 22/12/10 by Nventual because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Book 1: Pg 18 - What the hell is that guy talking about?

It seems interesting as hell, and I would totally like to know more about it.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Not sure. I think that's the only bit on the files on it.

There's a lot of crackpots in NZ, haha. There's like a whole 30 pages from one guy who keeps talking about eels that are inside of peoples heads and then talking about eve and god and other random stuff, goes off on tangents and his writing is hella messy.

I think it's in book 1.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual

There's a lot of crackpots in NZ, haha. There's like a whole 30 pages from one guy who keeps talking about eels that are inside of peoples heads and then talking about eve and god and other random stuff, goes off on tangents and his writing is hella messy.

I think it's in book 1.

Yeah, I saw that. I wonder what the government thought about his little tale.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Whine Flu

Not sure but I think I found a recent photo of him.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Hey all

Uploaded to Rapidshare; not sure if I did it right, but here's the links.

Book1

Book2

Book3

Book4

Book5

Book6

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   
lmao
I would have to agree with the poster who said
that NZ was trying to make these people who
sent them letters about UFO's were mentally
unstable. They posted some of those letters
in book 1. And I had to laugh at a few of them
especially one where he was asking the gov to
let him fly those ufo's but first they would have
to help him get those hypodermic needles
out of his arm. geez, I wonder what they
had in that IV drip??? lol

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I find it interesting that release of these UFO report files was apparently originally set for 2050. I have to wonder, then, why the sudden decision to release them 40 years early? Of course, many countries have been releasing their fairly low level UFO documents lately. Does the release of documents in one country affect the decision of another to do so? I tend to doubt this, but even assuming it's so, it still looks like disclosure is an idea whose time has come. This seems to all be pretty small stuff at the moment, but that's generally how a dam fails, too; not all at once. First some cracks; a little seepage, then dribbles, then a steady stream, then a bigger one, then woosh!

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyInTheOintment

thanks man.

edit: damn they're not the actual files. it downloads them from the news website still so it's just the same as visiting the website to view them. i think you just ctrl+s on the page and saved it like that.
i assume they're all the same because they're only 5kb.

i'm not sure how to save the files themselves though because they're embedded in their document viewer. i had a look thru the source code and don't know how to save them.
edit on 23/12/10 by Nventual because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Hi all

I went to the website of Archives New Zealand to see what they had to say about this release of files.

The Archives have the following statement:

"Current news items refer to the release of information from New Zealand Defence Force files documenting New Zealand UAS reports over the last five decades.

The Defence Force has made copies of the relevant files in Archives New Zealand’s custody, as well as its own more recent files. These copies are available from the Defence Force Library at Defence House in Wellington.

You are asked to contact the library in advance of your visit by telephoning 64 4 496 0842. Copies are also being made available at the Wellington Public Library."

It would appear that there are no digitised versions of the files available; and that at the moment you will have to take a trip physically to Wellington, NZ, to take a look at the files.

Hopefully, someone in NZ will make the contents available to us in due course.

The blog at ufos-scientificresearch.blogspot.com... will be following this story.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
There are digital versions, they were posted above. I haven't found a way to save them to my own harddrive yet though.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   
UFO? I just feel it is not so reliable , maybe just kidding ...

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Hi

My co-blogger, Pauline Wilson, has just posted her notes after a look at the newly released New Zealand Defence Force's UFO files (see the blog at ufos-scientificresearch.blogspot.com...)

"I have just spent some time taking my first quick look at the New Zealand Defence Forces newly released UFO files. They are to be found at
www.stuff.co.nz...

"They are split up into nine "books." Here are my notes from my quick review:

Book 1
File number: 1630/2 Volume 2
Time span: 1990-2009
Title: Reports on UFOs and Ethnology
Contains: Various pieces of correspondence from members of the public. Various UFO reports, mainly lights in the sky. Request from Dennis Grant of ACT, Australia for access to UFO files-denied.

Book 2
File number: 1630/2 Part 1
Contains: Correspondence from members of the public. Request from Timothy Good in the UK for information from files. Defence report on 1978 Kaikoura sightings.

Book 3
File number: Air 39/3/3 Volume 4
Title: Reports on UFOs
Timespan: 1981-1984
Contains: Request for information from Mr Harold J Knapman, MUFON, Christchurch re 1954 movie films and Mrs Moreland's 1959 encounter- three requests denied. Document dated 5 April 1984lists a number of cases 1979-1982 reported to Air Staff. Various reports from the public.

Book 4
File number: Air 39/3/3 Volume 3
Contains: Various reports of UFOs from members of the public. Query on Kaikoura events. Radar observation of 9 April 1979 by an aircraft of No 5 Squadron. "I believe this contact to have been a cloud contact..." Interesting internal documents on the Kaikoura investigation.

Book 5
File number: Air 39/3/3A Volume 1 Parts 1 &2
Time frame: 1979-1984
Contains: "Exclusively devoted to correspondence from/to a Christchurch based person on UFOs and Ethnology."

Book 6
File number: Air 1080/6/897 Volume 1
Title" Investigation of Unidentified & radar sightings East Coast South Island-December 1978."
Time frame: 1978-1981
Contains: Interviews with people involved in the 1978 Kaikoura sightings conducted by the RNZAF preparatory to the preparation of a final report into these sightings, File also contains technical reports from DSIR and other scientific experts and an independent report of the Kaikorua sightings by the NZ UFO Studies Centre.

Comment: This is worthy of a detailed review.

Book 7
File number: Air 244/10/1 Volume 1
Time frame: 1959-1982
Contains: Reports, interviews and requests for UFO information from media on Moreland sighting. RAAF report on Kaikoura. Interdepartmental correspondence on the future of the Government UFO Investigating Committee. Report on the 1972 Ashburton space debris event. Various information requests.

Comment:
1. The Government UFO Investigating Committee papers will bear a detailed look.
2. The NZ Secretary of Defence states: "All I will say is that empiric evidence shows conclusively that there are no defence factors involved with UFO sightings." Memo 5 October 1976.

Book 8
File number: Air 39/3/3 Volume 2 Parts 1 & 2
Time frame: 1956-1979
Contains: Reports on UFOs from the public. RZAF investigation into Kaikoura. Summary of UAS from Australian Department of Defence. Correspondence from public.

Book 9:
File number: Air 39/3/3 Volume 1 Parts 1&2
Title: Flying saucers
Time frame: 1952-1955
Contains: Reports form public. Newspaper clippings. 75 questions and answers asked of George Adamsksi by "Adamski Flying Saucer Group of Timaru.

Overall comments:

As with the Australian Government UFO files, the New Zealand Defence Force files are a mix of:
1. Low significance UFO reports, specifically "lights in the sky" which may well have mundane explanations e.g. the planet Venus.
2. Correspondence from members of the public expressing views on the UFO phenomenon.
3. Frequent enquiries from UFO researchers from all over the world for details of the files.

However, what is different from the Australian experience is the detailed examination of the 1978 East coast of the South Island sightings which have become known as the "Kaikoura" events. The papers on these files will need careful examination. The papers concerning the Government's UFO Investigating Committee" will also be worth a detailed study to see who was on it and what it did.

Take some time and have a look for yourselves."

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
i'm beached as bro.. beached as a ufo..

sounds like a bunch of departmental disinfo going on really..

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Hi

There are apparently more NZ Government UFO files which have not been released.

My co-blogger, Pauline Wilson, at our blog at ufos-scientificresearch.blogspot.com... has just posted the following:

"Today's post sees me taking another look at the New Zealand Government's UFO files release. Rather, I am taking a look at what is not yet available. For you see, there are other NZ Government UFO files which are not part of the batch released by the NZ Defence Force (NZDF).

I decided to check the files which are listed on the Archives New Zealand website
at click here against the list of files released by the NZDF. There are five files listed in the Archives which were not released by the NZDF as they are not NZDF files.

The other NZ UFO files:

1. Miscellaneous Files - UFO [Unidentified Flying Objects] Affair (1978 Kaikoura incident)- The Truth is Out There.
Agency: CAHG Accession CH135 Box 36/1 1979-1979.
This file is open to the public.

2. Political Affairs - Outer Space - Unidentified Flying Objects [UFOs]
Reference: ABHS 6958 W5579/227 1972-1982.
Details on accessing this file cannot be found.

3. Public Weather Service - Flying Saucers and Unidentified Flying Objects [UFOs]
Agency: BAIB Series 4052 Box 376 Record no 2/13 1956-1988.
This file is open to the public.

4. Support Services - Unidentified Flying Objects (UFO) - General
Agency: AAAJ Series 965 Accession W 3239 Box 180 Record no 37/21/1 Pt 1 1972-1972.
Access to this file is restricted by the agency, which is the Commissioner of Police.

5. Support Services - Unidentified Flying Objects (UFO)- General
Agency: AAAJ Series 965 Accession W4443 Box 103 Record no 37/21/1 Pt 1 1972-1972.
Access to this file is restricted by the agency, which is the Commissioner of Police.

Comment:

Re items 4 &5. These files probably relate to the 1972 Ashbourne, NZ, space debris event, mentioned in NZDF file AIR 244/10/1 Volume 1.

I found a reference to this event in Kevin D Randle's latest book "When UFOs fall From the Sky." 2010. New Page Books. Franklin Lakes, NJ. ISBN 978-1-60163-100-8. Pages 256-257.

"April 7, 1972
New Zealand

The Space Defense Centre reported that they had witnessed two objects "de-orbit" and that the objects fell to the ground in New Zealand. At least one of the objects was recovered and turned over to the police department in Christ Church New Zealand. Captain D W Boucher from the US tracking station at Mt John, South Canterbury said that he thought it was part of a pressure tank.

The ball was 48 inches in circumference and had a blue-green sheen to it. It left a 6-inch indentation in the ground where it hit. Two other balls were also discovered. ll were made of titanium, which caused a New Zealand UFO expert, Captain Bruce Cathie to suggest it wasn't part of a prank. Titanium was too difficult for someone to use it as part of a joke. He had no real answer for what the balls were.

Officials in the Soviet legature in Wellington denied that the objects belonged to them,.

The most likely answer is that the objects were some type of terrestrially manufactured objects used in space flights."

I wonder if anyone in New Zealand has copies of any of these other NZ Government UFO files, they can share with us?"

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
issuu.com who host the files from stuffNZ have an option for you to purchase a pro account, where you can get the first 13 days as a free trial. Allows unlimited downloading of content.

I also have no idea how the numbering/ordering system of these files works but it kind of indicates to me that they are obviously taken from something much much larger.

I figured since i got them for myself, I would bring you all some late Christmas presents.

My immediate intentions are printing these in hard copy and adding them to my "library/archive"

Enjoy!

1952-1955 AIR+39-3-3+Volume+1+-+Parts+1+and+2+opened+1952+-+closed+1955 PDF 24mb DOWNLOAD
1956-1979 AIR+39-3-3+Volume+2+-+Parts+1+and+2+opened+1956+-+closed+1979 PDF 14mb DOWNLOAD
1979-1980 AIR+39-3-3+Volume+3+opened+1979+-+closed+1980 PDF 4mb DOWNLOAD
1981-1984 AIR+39-3-3+Volume+4+-+opened+1981+-+closed+1984 PDF 8mb DOWNLOAD

1984-1998 AIR+1630+-+2+Volume+1+opened+1984+-+closed+1998 PDF 4mb DOWNLOAD
1990-2009 1630+-+2+Volume+2+opened+1990+-+closed+2009 PDF 5mb DOWNLOAD

1979-1984 AIR+39-3-3A+Volume+1+-+Parts+1+and+2+-+Combined+opened+1979+-+closed+1984 PDF 7mb DOWNLOAD
1959-1983 AIR+244-10-1+Volume+1+opened+1959+-+closed+1983 PDF 8mb DOWNLOAD
1978-1981 AIR+1080-6-897+Voulume+1+opened+1978+-+closed+1981 PDF 6mb DOWNLOAD

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
thanks so much for posting this ..Im excited to read all this i still have hope disclosure is close for the USA we have the right to know..thanks again

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Hi all

My co-blogger and I have been analysing some of the material on these files. Two pieces of interest so far are:

The New Zealand Intergovernmental Committee on UFOs

ufos-scientificresearch.blogspot.com...

and the 13 January 1965 Qantas aircraft sighting which tirggered a military response from NZ

ufos-scientificresearch.blogspot.com...

Happy reading.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual

There's a lot of crackpots in NZ, haha.

off topic but!!

typical coming from an australian that you would say this!. we only eat fush and chups and ride our pet sheep to school aswell!.. yeah there is crackpots here as there is in every country but just to correct you if you said potheads i would of aggreed and starrd you!!! just because this guy rambles on does not mean that theres is heaps im sure there is in your country too proberly more than what there is here!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join