It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The truth about athiests

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
So,they go against the belief of god,and most of them state that they are athiests. So,how can you battle something that does not exist? In some regions they have athiests groups get together and hate god,how could you hate something if it doesnt exist? I dont go to a unicorn hate group.

A real athiest would never state they are athiest,because that states they are rebelling against something.
If they truely felt god did not exist they would have no reason to TRY and prove themselves.
Again,do you know anyone that trys to prove unicorns dont exist? NO,because we all know they do not,so we simply except it.

So,you are a poser athiest if you ever let anyone know you are athiest,because you are not simply accepting the opinion you hold as fact (in your mind)

edit on 22-12-2010 by whipsandchainsamerica because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
um, most atheists aren't in a battle against god. there could be some stupid groups out there that do, but seeing as you don't cite anything, I really don't know what you're talking about. They may have plans to oppose religions, but doing battle against religions isn't the same as battling god as you say.
Also, there's a chance that unicorns( a horse with a horn) exist somewhere in the universe, so I wouldn't be so quick to say that unicorns don't exist.
I'm a deist by the way.
Oh and what "truth about atheists" do you propose? You don't and your title is completely irrelevant to your post.
You say it yourself, they go against the belief in god, that doesn't mean they go against god.
edit on 22-12-2010 by Ghost374 because: last sentence.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by whipsandchainsamerica

judge not!!!!!! you know the saying it says in the bible every man must walk his own path some will find god others will not. Even so of the faithful to him.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   
You really showed the ignorance of most religious people by posting this. Thank you. Most christians are dumber than rocks. Jesus preached good morals, but people said what he said long before he was born. Most christians follow what their preacher says and not what Jesus actually said. All religions were created by man.
Why are you judging atheists? I thought your god told you not to judge others.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Uh, ok, so I guess you had something to get off your mind. I do not need to prove anything. Really, anymore I find it amusing that grown people, that are supposed to gain knowledge as they grow older, believe in fairy tales based on "faith". This subject is literally beaten into the ground.
I will be looking forward to more of your awsome threads.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Why do all you religious nuts come here?

Cant you please just bugger off to a religious website so you can discuss stupid things with other stupid religious people

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   

ok - i am an atheist

and guess what i do not hate the concept of these alleged gods - why - because i dont accept that they exist

why would i hate sometinth whoes existance i dispute ???????????????

next - what i do " battle against " is religions attempts to :

1 - to force thier beleifs on the workings of government and judiciary

2 - to force thier beliefs on the educational curriculum

3 - to weld thier beliefs to national identity and patriotism

lastly why should i be prohibtied from stating that i am an atheist - are you so weak that my very existance scares you ?

i am quite insouciant in my attitude to religious delusions - unlike many religions - i am prepared to uphold the principle of freedom of religioun AND freedom FROM religion

only reacting when a religious dogma is proclaimed mandatory

its not atheists you have to worry about - its the fanatics of your own , and other religions

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
aaaaaaaaaaaahahahhaha here I go.

Atheism is proof of God. Their attempt to be different fails due to God. When one knows the truth about God one knows this is true. It is very simple in fact. God is love as the bible states. It is impossible for atheist to be without love completely, otherwise they die. Atheism, the sneeky way of believing in God.

Suppose they go extreme in denying existence of God, they still end up with Him don't they. h, very weird phenomenon.
edit on 2010/12/22 by etherical waterwave because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by whipsandchainsamerica
So,how can you battle something that does not exist?

Belief in God exists. Religion exists. Religious dogma exists. Religious majority rule mindset exists.

I suppose some atheists are engaged in a 'battle' of sorts, but the above are the things they battle, not some imaginary thing they don't even believe in.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by whipsandchainsamerica
So,they go against the belief of god,and most of them state that they are athiests. So,how can you battle something that does not exist? In some regions they have athiests groups get together and hate god,how could you hate something if it doesnt exist? I dont go to a unicorn hate group.

A real athiest would never state they are athiest,because that states they are rebelling against something.
If they truely felt god did not exist they would have no reason to TRY and prove themselves.
Again,do you know anyone that trys to prove unicorns dont exist? NO,because we all know they do not,so we simply except it.

So,you are a poser athiest if you ever let anyone know you are athiest,because you are not simply accepting the opinion you hold as fact (in your mind)

edit on 22-12-2010 by whipsandchainsamerica because: (no reason given)

I don't even know where to start with this. The problem here is not your intentions I think, but that you are very misinformed about what atheism actually is. Maybe there exists somewhere this group you speak of who meet to hate on god, but I am going to go out on a limb here and say that the vast majority of atheists do no such thing. Being an atheist does not even have to mean denying god. You can be an atheist but still leave the option open that a god could exist. The thought of atheists gathering to hate a god they don't believe in, would be ridiculous and against most of the main points behind atheism.

Atheist is more commonly meant to describe a DISBELIEF in god, not a rebellion against god. To disbelieve is not to rebel. I think that atheists don't even try to disprove god, they are merely trying to show you why they do not believe. Showing you why they disbelieve is not the same thing as trying to disprove. Most atheists simply want to convey rationality.

Atheists believe morally in all the same things you do, they are not evil people, they don't want to slander your god, nor do they sit around talking of how much they hate god.

Atheists don't feel that religion is necessary to instill valuable morals in humankind, and they generally don't believe in the supernatural. God in the biblical sense is a supernatural being and a personal being. Atheists tend to think nature and natural things is all that there is, and that science can best explain nature.

Atheist does not mean you are void of all beliefs, many atheists have strong beliefs rooted in philosophy, metaphysics, and science. Atheist simply means you don't believe in a supernatural god. I for one consider myself an atheist, but I have many diverse beliefs and consider myself a fairly tolerant person. In that way, lack of religion has cleared my mind enough to further my level of civility and tolerance and curiosity (all values that I feel religion in some cases promotes ignorance of).

Poser atheist? What does that even mean? Are you still in high school? I thought people stopped using that term (poser) when high school ended. (I'm being serious, not sarcastic.) Although it was pretty amusing.

The only truth in your OP is that you seriously need to learn what atheism is before you go mindlessly slandering it.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by etherical waterwave
aaaaaaaaaaaahahahhaha here I go.

Atheism is proof of God. Their attempt to be different fails due to God. When one knows the truth about God one knows this is true. It is very simple in fact. God is love as the bible states. It is impossible for atheist to be without love completely, otherwise they die. Atheism, the sneeky way of believing in God.

Suppose they go extreme in denying existence of God, they still end up with Him don't they. h, very weird phenomenon.
edit on 2010/12/22 by etherical waterwave because: (no reason given)

Okay, this is why your statement doesn't really make sense.

Atheism is not proof of god, atheism and theism are a DISBELIEF OR BELIEF. EVEN if you have a disbelief of something, you can have beliefs in OTHER things.

Atheists have beliefs, but they are not your beliefs.

Atheists don't believe in god or the bible, therefore they do not believe that love or any other HUMAN EMOTION comes from god. So no, when an atheist feels love, they in no way feel god. In your beliefs they do, but in the atheist's beliefs they are merely feeling a human emotion generated by naturalistic causes.

Someone should start an ATS Atheism 101 thread or something.

Where is the denial of ignorance here?

Please, learn what atheism is for yourself before you go spreading nonsense that someone else passed to you.

Atheism, Entry from World dictionary:

disbelief in the existence of God or gods.

Origin: late 16th century: from French athéisme, from Greek atheos, from a- 'without' + theos 'god'

Dictionary

edit on 12/22/2010 by SpaceJ because: definition + link + etymology

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   
It more and more seems atheism is a form of suicide or completely making chaotic chaos. My chaos in the world has structure. But this seems....

??

Is atheism a lifestyle. People were asked the wrong questions. They were made confused about themselves when they were told about God. God is love. Everybody loves. Those whom spoke about God to these people weren't aware of what they were telling.

Please people, don't be confused. God is love and loves you. Just do no evil, it makes such a much better environment. Repent when you need to.

We love you. Be reasonable, adjustments in your life are possible.
edit on 2010/12/23 by etherical waterwave because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Atheism is basically common sense. An atheist is someone who doesn't believe that God exists. For me this also includes no Heaven or Hell, no angels or devils, no voodoo curses, haunted houses, faith healings or psychic powers. No genies in lamps, super heroes, or guardian angels. No Santa Clause, Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy, Elves, Knombs, Leprechauns or Fraggles. No final judgment, eternal punishment or blissful reward.

Atheists do not believe that the devil is a reasonable explanation for why bad things happen or why a six year old steals a lollipop.

I don't believe because it doesn't make sense. Atheism makes perfect sense. It's the same reason you wouldn't believe that Alice in Wonderland is real or any ridiculous story told to you by a stranger... or would you?

Atheists live life to its fullest. You only live once, then when we die that's it, it's just like it was before we were born, nothing for eternity. We respect its rules more because of it and we value it more than someone who thinks there's a better one after this. We appreciate life completely.

Religious people;

"We fold our hands and whisper to ourselves, chant along with a guy behind a podium and sing scary songs to a man in another dimension that we think listens to our songs. And then we go to Heaven."

edit on 13-1-2011 by ac3rr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   

top topics

join