It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake in Cumbria felt across neighbouring counties

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Earthquake in Cumbria felt across neighbouring counties

www.bbc.co.uk

A small earthquake measuring 3.6 on the Richter scale has hit Cumbria and surrounding counties.

People have described hearing and feeling the earth moving "for well over a minute" at just after 2300 GMT.

It was felt in locations across Cumbria and in Lancashire, south-west Scotland, parts of Yorkshire, Northumberland and the Isle of Man.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Wow, really? This is my first quake (that I have felt), I thought It was a just a truck outside until I read this story just now, although I did think It was odd that a truck would be on the street at that time.

Did anyone else in the surrounding area feel it? I know it was only 3.6, very small really, but very unusual for this part of the world. They say there is one every 12 to 18 months, but this is the first time in 30 years I have felt it.

And with that big one in Japan, makes me wonder................

I have to go to work now, 8 hour shift, but I look forward to any replies.

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 22/12/10 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

Earth quakes happen ALL the time, nothing to be worried about, If you are seeking reassurance go checkout RSOE EDIS.

RSOE EDIS

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   
I find it really funny when people report their experiences on these small tremors.

One guy was apparently shaken out of bed, another said his house shook so much he thought his gas boiler had exploded!

It was only a 3.6.

People do love a bit of drama.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   
why isent this thrread moved mine was

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   
my house shook and lasted for about a minit that was a big one where we are. the last one was in 2000,about 2.5
reply to post by JonoEnglish

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by JonoEnglish

Their reports could be very real and right on. A lot of how a earth quake effects a structure depends on many factors, including the land it is built on, and the foundation the house is built on.

It is possible that what they are saying is very accurate, then again, you may be right and they may be stretching it a bit.

just sayin

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Yes it was spot on i was there.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   

ow do mukka
i was in the bedroom with the missus when it rippled through the house. north to south. quite amazing although my missus was shaken with it. walney island at approx 11:02pm. at first i thought it was an explosion and was waiting for the shockwave (airborne) to hit. nothing so i assured said wife things were ok. they have stated it emanated from 8 miles ish below conistion. i hope it didn't dislodge the lake plug!
regards f

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
howdo all, cheers for the replies, just got back in, lots of talk in town about it.

For those who say "oh don't be so dramatic, it was only 3.whatever", for us here in England, earthquakes are very rare, or at least those that are felt. This was the first time I have ever felt one, so it was exciting, whether 3.6 or greater, I don't care, at least now I can say I have experienced one! (regardless of how small)
edit on 22/12/10 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   

I wasn't refering to anyone on here.

It's just a couple of news reports earlier today mentioned witness accounts of being thrown out of bed, makes me chuckle.

It is exciting to feel the earth shake, I've felt a few in Manchester.

No offence intended.

top topics

join