I don't understand this issue at all...how can people walk around thinking its safe or ok? I cant stand water anymore. I boil or at least filter my
water before drinking it anymore. Water is so full of chemicals now that if I turn my faucet on hot and let it run for a minute the water turns white
from the chlorine evaporating. Its disgusting when I can watch (and smell) the chlorine and chemicals evaporate just from having my water on hot. I
have found that prolonged contact with my water (long shower/bath, dishes, washing a vehicle etc) actually makes my skin dry and irritated! (not just
me but my room mates as well) How that works is beyond me but its irritating and unnatural.
I grew up living in the middle of freaking no where on natural well water...city water is not water as far as I am concerned. It is a liquid solution
with water as a base. The difference is that big.
I can find TONS of studies that show how its bad for you...yet I cant seem to find hardly anything that shows its benefits (other then sub par crap
about preventing cavities...which can be done without any fluoride whatsoever). Type in "proof flouride is ok to ingest" in google...wont find any
proof there...keep searching. All I am digging up is that its poisonous (hence poison control number on tube of toothpaste) and that the government
isn't even wanting to regulate it...they just want to pour it into the system...
They claim it is to prevent cavities. Most cavities happen in school age children. So essentially I am gathering that people are being too crappy of
parents to care for there children and the government is trying to fix it all...funny thing is that fluoride alone wont fix the cavity issue...so why
is it being used as the solution?
The only sources that say it is good also state that the only source of fluoride for the average person is fluoridated water and toothpaste.
If its so healthy for us show me some proof. And if its so beneficial then how did people get along for thousands of years without it?
There are natural/artificial levels of fluoride in many foods apparently. Why is this not enough?
Various inputs to foods contain fluorides in their natural state. It is believed the fluoride is absorbed from the soil. Some such foods high in
* Processed cereals often contain concentrated fluoride. Cereals processed in a fluoridated area had fluoride concentrations ranging from 3.8 –
* Juices. Data show that children who frequently drink substantial quantities of juice consume large amounts of fluorides and should not receive
dietary fluoride supplements
* Soda. 71 percent of the sodas have fluoride levels exceeding 0.60 ppm which means sufficient fluoride so that dietary fluoride supplements are
* Tea which is one of the most popular drinks in the United States may be a source of harmful levels of fluoride.
* Fresh fruit and vegetables.
* Wine and beer.
* Mechanically deboned chicken. Fluoride contributed by foods that are made with mechanically separated chicken can increase the risk of mild
dental fluorisis for children less than eight years of age.
* Seafood. Fish has the highest level of fluoride levels especially canned fish.
* Cottage cheese, noodles, mashed potatoes, rice, spinach, spaghetti and sauce, cooked peas, baked ham, sausage chocolate cake, roasted pork and
whole wheat bread.
edit on 4-1-2011 by Dennislp3 because: Amended post