It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hoagland's Moon "Castle" NOT imaged by Kayuga! No UFOs either!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Yeah, yeah, I know, don't beat a dead horse. But with Hoagland, it's a fun activity. I'm reminded of the scene in the movie "AIRPLANE" where the passengers line up while holding something to beat another passenger with.

Hoagland made a big deal of the so-called "castle" he claims is hovering 9 miles above the moon's surface. Back in the 1980s when I found more NASA photos of the area between Manilius Crater and the Hyginus Rille and saw nothing hovering above the surface I knew that it would only be a matter of time before that area was clearly shown and Hoagland's "castle" would evaporate like most if not all of his lunar claims. I had seen video (of a film, of course) taken by astronauts or Lunar Orbiters as they passed over the area and nothing was seen.

Now we have nice high resolution footage courtesy of JAXA and here the footage shows exactly where the "castle" should be if Hoagland's claim had any support (a little pun there). I show you Hoagland's version of the NASA photo with his markings and a vidcap of the JAXA KAYUGA flyover which can be seen at: KAGUYA taking around "Rimae Triesnecker" and "Rima Hyginus" by HDTV jaxachannel
www.youtube.com...

Hoagland's Moon "Castle"
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9640b67ef620.jpg[/atsimg]

Hyginus Rille with Manilius Crater in the background
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/caaf6c1954bf.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 22-12-2010 by The Shrike because: Corrections

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by The Shrike

the Jaxa images are digital models

they are not real pictures

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Wait now.
Are you implying that Hoagie my be pulling our legs?

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
owned..
2nd

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   

here you go Shrike

here are some links that help to explain what a digital model is

Digital elevation model
en.wikipedia.org...

Obtaining Kaguya DEM data
ltvt.wikispaces.com...

Digital Elevation Model (DEM) and Mapping
www.eorc.jaxa.jp...

Digital Elevation Models (DEM) LROC
lroc.sese.asu.edu.../archives/96-Digital-Elevation-Models-DEM.html

google search results
Digital Models (DEM)

if the link doesn't work you can put these terms in a search

Digital Model (DEM)

Digital Elevation Models (DEM) JAXA Moon

Digital Models Moon DEM

the images are digitally created from multiple radar data sets

and as you know anything can happen in the digital world

so basically this episode of Hoagland bashing that was to premier on

the NBC 2010 Christmas special has been canceled due to ignorance

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by easynow
the Jaxa images are digital models

they are not real pictures
Kaguya also had a Terrain camera that was supposed to image the entire moon:

www.planetary.org...

There are three instruments that measure reflected sunlight in the visible and near-infrared portions of the electromagnetic spectrum. The highest-resolution of these is the Terrain Camera (TC), a broadband visible imager that takes black-and-white images of the lunar surface by looking in two directions simultaneously, forward and backward along Kaguya's orbit. The images have an unprecedentedly high resolution of 10 meters per pixel. The forward and backward images together make a stereo or 3D data set that will eventually cover the entire Moon.
I found this link to Terrain camera images but the number of images offered online is limited:

wms.selene.jaxa.jp...

Originally posted by easynow
the images are digitally created from multiple radar data sets
If the terrain camera is involved, it's more than just radar data.
edit on 22-12-2010 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Ok...

So if the castle is not in these photo's then where did it go???
edit on 22-12-2010 by QuantumDisciple because: clarification

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

but Kaguya also had a Terrain camera

good link thanks

Data from images of the same place gathered by the two cameras can be combined to create high-resolution, 3D views of local lunar topography.

www.planetary.org...

all the data is a digital telemetry signal which is then put into a computer program and no matter what camera or what kind of data it is the possibility exists that something in the imagery could be missing because of an error in the programming or because it was purposely not included or erased.

so in short

i don't think we can conclusively determine anything from these images and that's why the contention of opening post is erroneous. just my opinion though and everyone is free to think or believe whatever they want

edit on 22-12-2010 by easynow because: typo

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by easynow

cheers buddy...

thanks for those details.... not that i was convinced they were real...
but its cool to read about the 'plaster of paris' fx...

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   
I don't think Hoagland's Moon castle exists on the moon.

He says it is 9 miles above the lunar surface.

*I think Hoagland is entertaining, but no amount of bearded persuasion will convince me that his moon castle is actually there; suspended 9 miles above der moon.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Well after reading his book "dark mission" I finally found out who killed jfk and why. But after watching that syfy special 2012 startling new facts its like wtf he's on the side with the apocalypse beleavers I almost turned the tele off for the simple fact that I try to block out any thing negative dealing with 2012. Hoagland really let me down when he was prechen about the world tilten on its axis and causen a 30 foot wave that will wack us all. I for one thout hoagland woude be smarter than that he just hoped rite on the bandwagon with the apocalypse beleavers just when you think you know some one POW RITE IN THE KISSER!

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Well, hogtie me, slather me with your favorite BBQ sauce (mine is Chris' & Pitt's) and put me on the ol' spit, live and learn! Thanks easynow and Arbitrageur for your informative replies. However, all is not lost and if we can trust Google Moon, let's go there. At coordinates 9 34'06.28" N 7 34'25.24" E, elev - 3550 ft, Rima Hyginus should be near the lower edge and Boscovich at center right edge. According to the photo that Hoagland uses his "castle" should be near the area that's marked Hyginus about an inch distance. But since the photo at Moon was taken from orbit and doesn't show the "castle" then it's a given that Hoagland needs to produce an updated, higher-resolution photo of the area showing his castle unless it was towed away by John Lear with the towing apparatus that towed the moon into place!

But as I've said, there is also video/film of an overfly over that area and the "castle" was not seen there either. Besides, an earth based telescope aimed at Manilius and then gently moved down to the Hyginus Rille may or may not show in real time whether anything is seen hovering in the vicinity. It's too bad that once can't sharpen Google Moon and magnification just makes it worse.

There is one natural feature that I thought was what Hoagland was confusing as a "castle" and that feature can be seen at www.lpi.usra.edu... near the bottom. It's a Lunar Orbiter V photo that has better resolution than Google Moon.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by QuantumDisciple
Ok...

So if the castle is not in these photo's then where did it go???
edit on 22-12-2010 by QuantumDisciple because: clarification

The question is more like if this was really an object suspended any distance above the moon NASA would have known about it especially from the film(s) made by either a Lunar Orbiter or an astronaut aboard Apollo 10 (see Lunar Image Gallery link below). And how did Hoagland figure out the height from that photo if he doesn't know the size of the "castle" or what the distance is on the moon between natural features? Hoagland can be seen in front of the photo showing his "castle" and the photo is mural-size. So if one were to order the photo now, would it also show the "castle" and if it does then perhaps a better conclusion can be arrived at.

But your question is definitely valid. If it's in a NASA photo how come it's not visible in other sources showing the same area?

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
An apology is in order and so I apologize for starting this thread as I just found a similar thread by me

My 2009 thread on the same subject.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

But here is a source I don't think I quoted in the above thread:
Apollo 10 Rima Hyginus series
www.lpi.usra.edu...

But the following is the kind of (drum roll!) lunacy we have to "fight".
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...
This extraordinary object comes from AS10-32-4822, an Apollo hand held Hasselblad photo. The "Castle" is extremely bright and plainly visible at normal magnification, making it nearly impossible for the astronaut taking the picture to have missed it.

This UNENHANCED version of it shows the remarkable stacking of it's segments and belies a natural explanation, especially when you consider it is hanging several miles high in the Lunar sky. EM enhancements show a supporting structure, including a drooping cable passing through the tip, like a suspension bridge.

new topics

top topics

join