It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tickets Please

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Here are some ticket inspectors looking after the commuting public ,keeping us safe from violent marauding gangs and generally making sure no one gets a free ride.
www.abc.net.au...
CCTV of ticket inspectors roughing up passengers
Source: ABC News
Published: Wednesday, December 22, 2010 8:53 AEDT
Expires: Tuesday, March 22, 2011 8:53 AEDT
CCTV footage released by the Victorian Ombudsman shows ticket inspectors using excessive force against Melbourne commuters.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Ok.... Any thoughts or opinions you would care to add? I am sure all of us here would love to hear what you have to say...

Besides, you really aren't supposed to be making minimal threads anyway....

That said, that is a scary video... Makes me glad things are not done like that here in Dallas on the Dart system. I have ridden on the trains out here many times. Rode daily for over a year actually and still ride on and off... The way the Dart Police do it is one officer gets on at the front of the train. Another gets on at the very back. They work their way to the middle as they ask everyone to produce their ticket.

If you can't produce a ticket, you get fined... and they make you get off at the next station. If you need to get on the train again, they will make you buy a ticket. I have never once seen a member of the Dart Police get anywhere near out of line. In fact they have always been very respectful, in the cases I have seen.

I even remember once sitting at one of the stations. I had a good 30 minutes before my train came. one train pulled up and two officers got off with some one who was riding with out a ticket. The three of them stood there talking and even joked around a bit. After a while the man did receive a fine and was asked to go buy a ticket if he wanted to ride anymore, which he did....

It is a great system here that other companies could learn from actually... Especially the company shown in the video.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Sorry ,you are not a ticket inspector by chance?only joking
.Just thought i would throw it out there,i usually write a bit more on my threads but i get interrupted a lot and my attention span is diminishing.I dont commute but if i did i would probably be labelled a terrorist because i would tell them what i thought of their Naziesque tactics.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Not really,well i do get distracted or have to quickly close ats and bring up the weather channel in case someone see's me."you on ATS again,whos that girl in the avatar?" Its not a girl ,its just some members like to have pictures of hot girls to grab your attention" ,"sure whatever you say". anyway this is a poor excuse for a bump.
edit on 22-12-2010 by 12voltz because: of the hot chicks

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Sorry ,you are not a ticket inspector by chance?only joking

haha, No, just a former moderator of ATS.

Like I said, the people in that video are WAY out of line. The system here in Dallas is fantastic in my experience.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I saw the cctv footage of these incidents on TV last night (either A Current Affair or Today Tonight). I live in Sydney and commute everyday and I have never witnessed anything like this during peak time but there have been a few cases in NSW on very isolated stations and late at night/early morning. The officers involved were prosecuted with the support of witnesses and footage.

I am disgusted to think that thugs like these "ticket inspectors" in Victoria even have a job especially after I read online yesterday at www.news.com.au that several of them have convictions and charges for drugs, theft and assault etc. I noticed (and it was mentioned in the story last night) that the people they are roughing up are smaller adolescent males. So that in itself is very telling of the mentality of these aholes when they pick on guys smaller than themselves. It is never justifiable to assault any passenger unless in self defence. These thugs were not being threatened, they have blatantly bashed and assaulted passengers. They have also endangered the lives of other people on the platform as they pushed one guy off the train into another person attempting to get on the train just as the doors were closing. Officially employed Ticket Inspectors pushing people off trains...WTF?
These guys are bullies and should be sacked immediately.

The footage showed at least 3 inspectors and one incident involved about 5 inspectors all jumping on this small young bloke, pulling his arms up behind his back and face down into the ground. One other guy had his face smashed into a concrete wall...

I am trying to keep a balanced view here as I have also witnessed the antics of the drug and alcohol effected, the out of control pack of males and females who can't string a sentence together without the dropping F and C bombs and calling everyone a slut. The arrogant, moronic and belligerent people who refuse to buy a ticket, those that make the train trip very uncomfortable with their drunken rants and threats. They do not scare me but many times I have wished their was a Transit Officer on that trip.

The people who do these jobs are not all bad but the bad need to be weeded out...just like the Police

take care all
res
edit on 22-12-2010 by resistancia because: (no reason given)

top topics

join