It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Question on Time Slowing Down at the Speed of Light

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

yeah well all of matter is fefinatly not infinite, i agree on that. Also i had a thought on space, empty space. What if space itself or watever it consists of is actually moving faster than light in a fluid motion. Now to us we consider to be nothing, just empty space but there is something there, a medium that holds everything else in place.

This medium is moving so fast it appears still and fluid. This medium has endless possibilities, when i move my arm from left to right, we see empty space then my arm moving through it. What if it is all made up of the same thing, a possibility?

The fabric that holds us together as a universe / multiverse or watever you want to call it is all the same, when my arm moves the particles or fabric detects movement and compensates allowing my arm to move through it and materialise step by step, second by second etc.

Have you ever seen the documentary what the bl*ep do we know, about physics etc. It is actually really good.

( here is part -1 ) - follow the rabbit hole for part 2 onwards - punn intended lol
edit on 25-12-2010 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Also think about this - Inertia, frame drag or latency etc. Now as i speed up at high speed i feel inertia, why?

Before i post a solution to this also consider no matter what speed you travel at once you reach a constant and steady speed inertia stops. Why does this occur?

As per my previous post, consider this. I as ''matter with mass '' accelerate faster than space can compensate for in a stable manner. Thus feeling inertia. So every second of acceleration the particles of so called '' empty space'' cannot compensate fast enough for my mass and matter in term giving the feeling of drag or inertia. However this phenomenon disapates once i have reached a stable speed. I could be traveling at mach 5 at a constant but intertia is less than if accelerating to mach 5 from stand still.

Does that make any sense??

FYI: i was on the porch having a smoke and the above thoughts popped into my head that i ran up the stairs so fast that i tripped and riped half my toe nail and my big toe is bloody sore now. So yeah i hope it was worth the post

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Havick007
reply to post by spy66

yeah well all of matter is fefinatly not infinite, i agree on that. Also i had a thought on space, empty space. What if space itself or watever it consists of is actually moving faster than light in a fluid motion. Now to us we consider to be nothing, just empty space but there is something there, a medium that holds everything else in place.

This medium is moving so fast it appears still and fluid. This medium has endless possibilities, when i move my arm from left to right, we see empty space then my arm moving through it. What if it is all made up of the same thing, a possibility?

The fabric that holds us together as a universe / multiverse or watever you want to call it is all the same, when my arm moves the particles or fabric detects movement and compensates allowing my arm to move through it and materialise step by step, second by second etc.

(no reason given)

I view the infinite dimension as its own dimension of density. It has its own fabric of space. The fabric space of infinite, has its own specific density.
To us it would seam like there is nothing there. To us the infinite is like a vacuum with no matter, no energies, no time or volume at all. The reason for that is:

We can only observe the density of finite energies and matter that have a motion in a finite produced volume of density. In other words for us to observe something on a quantum level we have to zoom in. And when we zoom in on what we want to observe. The volume of space is also reduced, but the space does not disappear, it's just that it is outside our view, because we are zoomed in on a specific measurement.

I also like to call it the distance from 0 to 1. Because there is a distance from the dimension of matter to the dimension of nothingness "0".

The distance from 0 to 1 is measured in density. That is the only way nothingness can become 1. "By a compression". Expansion is the only way 1 can become 0. "Nothingness" again.

The video (s) you displayed. I have seen them before. They bring up some very interesting questions. I also keep a lot of these questions in mind when i do my own research.

I told a preacher once,why people say that the Bible is like reading a fairy tail. People read the Bible like they read a story book. When people read a story they imagine reality.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

Yeah, i think we are on the same level....

Did you watch the documentary, it's great. One of the greatest so fare that i have seen. I hadnt watched for a couple of years but due to the thread it made me watch again and i loved it even more the second time. The first version is good as well, the '' down the rabbit hole '' is actually the sequel with more commentary and interview footage. The first one is good though, it has more theatrics but is a good start to quantum physics and it's profound mysteries

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

I have a question for you.

When you watch these videos. Do you pay any attention to the distance between the elements that they want you to pay attention to?

For instance, when a electron moves through space to its objective?

Don't you ever wonder what the fabric of space which a electron moves through is?

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

That was the whole point of one of my replies. The fabric that mass / matter or particles moves through. We currently invision empty space. However many people fail to see empty space as a medium with substance, many of us think it is unmeasurable, but it is there, right in front of our eyes everyday, in front of you as you type away right now.

Move your arm and hand left to right, back and forward in front of you. Now many will see matter ( our body ) moving through empty space. The question is, space - is it really empty or just the endless possibility for something to occur in that frame. It is a very hard and obscure thing to explain considering we are so conditioned to looking at '' empty space '' - when we move our arm side to side, it is not only the motion we should consider but the empty space the is the pre-cursor to the matter moving through it. The exotic particles, atoms, electrons that have the endless possiblity to become anything and everything. When i move my arm, each nano nano second the empty space - particles can determine what needs to occur at that point in time and compensates for it, thus letting my arm move from side to side and my matter materialising so fast that we take it for granted.

As per my previous post on inertia and framke lag etc. To much acceleration means resistance and a delay in matter moving through space thus creating inertia.

I dont know, it makes sense to me but i may be wrong...

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Here is another part of the first doco i posted, this is part 6 - very interesting - goto about 5.30seconds onwards in the clip - ever heard of the memory of water?

Watch it

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by OZtracized

Originally posted by OZtracized
Ooh ooh pick me pick me!

By all means.

Since time comes to a grinding halt at light speed and photons travel at light speed, from the photon's point of view, it doesn't take 8 min to travel from the Sun to Earth, it takes an infinite amount of time.

Actually, it takes no time.

So it must be everywhere at once since it can never reach anywhere in a finite amount of time.

Rather, it is everywhere in no time at all.

What happens at the event horizon of a black hole?

Let's see.

According to S.R., (the hydrogen atom) will gain mass as it accelerates. This increase in mass will result in both a "resistance" to accelleration as it gets heavier and therefore more difficult to accelerate and an "assistance" as it's increase in mass results in more gravitational attraction.

Correct.

The acelleration to near light speed will also result in time (according to the H atom) to pretty much stop. This entire turn of events seems to contradict itself.

Where is the contradiction? From the viewpoint of the atom, time has come to a near-halt in the outside universe. If the atom were a person, it would still experience personal time at the same rate as before.

Remember, relativity is relative.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

I think point your were trying to make is for the Photon there is no time... yeah?

It's ageless
ahh the envy

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   

The (apparent) contradiction I was referring to was the increase in mass resisting acceleration but simultaneously increasing acceleration due to gravity. At the event horizon it would become infinitely massive which, of course, is not possible. Even if an H atom was accelerated to a fraction short of C, it might become as massive as a galaxy so it would appear to be in violation of our laws thermodynamics.

No doubt I'm wrong but at a glance this paradox would appear...........inescapable.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   

I am gonna jump in in this little debate you guys are having...

Think about this, what if the particles, matter and mass when entering a black hole are actually exceeding lightspeed?

Now before your brain explodes think of this, if not even light can escape a black hole then a very logical conclusion is that the energy created by the black hole and it's event horizon is actually traveling or at a faster velocity than surrounding matter. It is traveling faster than light!

It is actually quite simple from an observational point of view, why else would light itself be drawn into a black hole, because the vortex created is faster than light and creates suction, this also explaines why we cannot see past an event horizon, as soon as matter or articles exceed lightspeed, they disapear from this time and reality

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   

On the surface that would almost be the obvious result (no more bad puns, I promise), however that would violate a little thing called relativity. It can't cross that point because it would theoretically become as massive as the entire universe at light speed and be impossible to accelerate any further.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   

It isn't impossible. The definition of a singularity is a point of infinite mass and zero dimension.

Gravitational force at the event horizon is not zero. That happens at the singularity itself. At the event horizon, the force of gravity is 'merely' strong enough to ensure that nothing can achieve escape velocity. That is to say, the escape velocity within the event horizon is greater than the speed of light.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Now before your brain explodes think of this, if not even light can escape a black hole then a very logical conclusion is that the energy created by the black hole and it's event horizon is actually traveling or at a faster velocity than surrounding matter. It is traveling faster than light!

Energy isn't created within a black hole. The hole receives energy from the outside universe and loses it again in the form of Hawking radiation.

Nothing happens inside a black hole that we can observe or be affected by. That's why it's called an 'event' horizon. Beyond it, nothing happens that we know of.

edit on 29/12/10 by Astyanax because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Time may appear to slow down from a point as velocity increases, but by creating a standing wave, the local spacetime is altered, solids within that spacetime become soft, and time slows down within the local affected area, and it has nothing to do with speed.

Not only will time slow perceptibly, but will continue within that local space for weeks after the local standing wave has been unpowered, and supposedly ended.

Odd, that.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Fair enough, i see what you are saying but look without causing any offensive and this is only a though, what if not every-single of relativity os correct? I mean to be honest i can not disoute it or have no evidence or the understanding to argue it but i pose the question, what if not every part of the main theorum is correct?

I mean first of all, Einstein was a genius, he was amazing but with our understanding of the universe / or what we want to call the space we live, can we say 100% he was correct in all of theories he posed? All we have is math as proof, not total proof?

Look all i am saying is that we should look outside the box, i dont have the education to go much further but i have the imagination
Also imagination isnt always fiction, remember that

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Yes that is exactly correct, nothing happens' 'that we know of '' It is still a mystery. What are the possiblities? I never the black hole created energy, although, i have to ask this, how does a black hole create the velocity or ''energy'' needed to draw in all surrounding matter?

Oerhaps it's not the hole itself but what is on the other side of the hole? We think of space as a vacuum relative to us on this planet, but perhaps there is something else around us that creates a vacuum for '' space, matter and photons '' the hole itself is just that a hole but what is on the other side is much more than just that.

You were correct when you said the hole itself does not create the energy, but we have to start asking what does? What is on the other side, or perhaps when is on the other side?

So far in our ''current'' universe we have never spotted anything that may resemble that other side of a black hole, why? Because in this time it does not exist. Or maybe ot does but is very elusive

Look these are only theoriers, i admit that and i am sure you will want to argue the points. Perhaps if i had studied more i could go into more detail......

Ask yourselrf this simple question that does have an answer as far as science goes today.

If we have time dilation then we must also have negative time dilation... yes?

Every positive has a negative and so on, i am sure you know the saying....

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
We need to start looking past effects on our surrounding and look at our surroundings in general. What they are made of, what everything is made of at the smallest scale but also the biggest scale, i would give anything in my life to have 1 Earth hour looking at the universe as we know it from top down, as something so big that i could hold a galaxy in my hand.

Perhaps that is where we cannot go much further, to look at what we are as a specied but more importantly a ''verse'' from top down and see what our purpose truly is.

Because we on this planet are nothing, we are such a small part of the biggest picture we could ever conceive....

edit on 31-12-2010 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by tooo many pills

It all depends upon what frame of reference you are in. If you are the photons, it takse no time at all, because you are moving at the speed of light and time is measured at the speed of light. From the Earth plane reference it takse 4.2 years. It's all relative, according to Einstien, if he was right. (still listed as theory not proven as fact)

Does that make it clearer to you ???????

BTW according to Einstien, If you could move faster than light, time would move backwards, But of course, how does one go faster without going at the speed of light. Also the faster you go the more energy it takes to go even faster (I.E. accelerate)

Confused yet? Try reading up on relativity theroy some time, it might help, or not.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Alright I have a thought!

If the universe was created in the big bang, and all matter in the universe is contained within this event.
Then why didn't it just form a huge black hole and stop at that?????

Much less mater than the entire universe can create a black hole so why didn't ALL the mater in the universe create a black hole?

Questions without answers !

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join