It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychic predicts big earthquake for Los Angeles this coming week

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by PaR3v
Maybe it could mean some sort of other "Earthquake" in L.A in 2010. Maybe some sort of awareness shift?

No, she was very specific. Earthquake. Ground shaking. Major damage. In Los Angeles. Between December 22 - 27, most likely on the 25th. Period.

It didn't happen. 2 more days to go until another supposed psychic is declared a moron.
edit on 12/26/2010 by pjslug because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   
My best friend lives in CA so hopefully nothing will happen. There has been a lot of weird weather there lately. I'm hoping to go out and see her next summer.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   
In California it would have to be TREMENDOUS to really be a big disaster. I was born and spent most all of my life just north of Malibu and went through some really large shakers. Californians would barely notice a 4.0 and probably would calmly ask, "Did you feel that?" A 5.0 would get most everyone's attention with a comment after like "Hmmm, pretty good one. I wonder if it was centered close by?" Of course newcomers to the area would be panic stricken. Over 7 we could probably count on some major property damage if they were centered in densely populated areas, even a few deaths but most likely several would be from heart attacks triggered by fright.

I don't recall if the Northridge quake in the 90's or the Sylmar quake in '71 (I got that one for my 18th birthday present!) officially reached over 7 but they were initially reported to be higher than that. Those were the major ones near Los Angeles that did any major damage but that was fairly localized. I remember both of those coming early in the morning around 6am and getting a pretty good shake, even had power outage for a few hours from the Nortridge quake.

What others might consider a big quake hardly gets noticed in SoCali unless it is huge.
edit on 26-12-2010 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by pjslug
I just got a disturbing phone call from one of my customers. She is very spiritual and told me that one of her friends who is a psychic predicted a big earthquake for Los Angeles between the 22nd - 27th of this month, particularly on the 25th - Xmas. She said this person had predicted the Northridge quake of '94, as well as the big one that hit Mexico City. I'm not one to really put too much faith in the paranormal, but I have had psychic/empathic premonitions myself that have come to pass. So here's to hoping it does not happen -- especially for those of us in Los Angeles -- and wishing everyone a very safe and happy holidays.

2 more days....will she get her money back if the prediction is false?

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erongaricuaro
In California it would have to be TREMENDOUS to really be a big disaster. I was born and spent most all of my life just north of Malibu and went through some really large shakers. Californians would barely notice a 4.0 and probably would calmly ask, "Did you feel that?" A 5.0 would get most everyone's attention with a comment after like "Hmmm, pretty good one. I wonder if it was centered close by?" Of course newcomers to the area would be panic stricken. Over 7 we could probably count on some major property damage if they were centered in densely populated areas, even a few deaths but most likely several would be from heart attacks triggered by fright.

I don't recall if the Northridge quake in the 90's or the Sylmar quake in '71 (I got that one for my 18th birthday present!) officially reached over 7 but they were initially reported to be higher than that. Those were the major ones near Los Angeles that did any major damage but that was fairly localized. I remember both of those coming early in the morning around 6am and getting a pretty good shake, even had power outage for a few hours from the Nortridge quake.

What others might consider a big quake hardly gets noticed in SoCali unless it is huge.

The Northridge quake was huge to many of us. If you lived in the San Fernando Valley, trust me it was. Everything in my place fell off the walls and out of the cabinets and broke. The sound of the quake was so loud we couldn't hear anything breaking. I barely got out of my room with my life intact because of a bookshelf that would have knocked me down if I was only a second later getting out of there. My grandparents places on both sides of my family were destroyed and they had to relocate to new homes permanently. Swimming pools 8 feet deep were completely emptied of water. Looting of grocery stores was in full force. I was without electricity for 4 days and water for 5 days. So trust me, it was major. I don't know anyone who lives or lived in the SFV that thinks otherwise.
edit on 12/26/2010 by pjslug because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
It would not be so far fetched a possibility now that they have suffered from all of the major muslide and rain events recently. California is on a shelf and that shelf can only take so much saturation before things begin to shift and move. Hopefully if there is one it will pass without too much damage and lives lost, but every Californian knows the risk.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Well, this prediction did not come to pass, nor did I expect it to. Usually when local earthquake activity is present I get a gut feeling, but I had none this time. I just felt it was important to pass along the message in the event something did happen so that fellow Los Angeleans could have some time to prepare.

I'm glad everyone is still safe and well, and hope everyone had a merry Xmas.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by pjslug

ditto

the prediction probably was wrapped in the narritive that earthquakes tend to follow celestial alignments,
if you recall, the Lunar eclipse on 21 December which aligned the Sun-Earth-Moon in a straight line
which usually results in added stress on faultlines---for up to a 14 day 'window of opportunity' for
quakes to happen as a result of the earlier celestial alignment

i'm surprised that this info is not common knowledge and built into our collective memory

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
reply to post by pjslug

ditto

the prediction probably was wrapped in the narritive that earthquakes tend to follow celestial alignments,
if you recall, the Lunar eclipse on 21 December which aligned the Sun-Earth-Moon in a straight line
which usually results in added stress on faultlines---for up to a 14 day 'window of opportunity' for
quakes to happen as a result of the earlier celestial alignment

i'm surprised that this info is not common knowledge and built into our collective memory

I personally don't believe in any of that. Remember when we had an alignment of 5 or 6 planets back around 2000, and people were saying that there was going to be lots of natural disasters and there turned out being none?

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
well now its 12/28/10 and has not happened so maybe she was a wee bit off?

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by enderthexenocide
well now its 12/28/10 and has not happened so maybe she was a wee bit off?

I already said that 4 posts ago.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Does this mean Californians will try to sue God as a result?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join