It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLEAKS 3 weeks on - are we all now WikiBORED ? I know I am !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Well, I've got to say it's amazing how the Wikileak cable disclosures have become "yesterdays news" here on ATS in an amazingly short period of time.

I base this on the simple and observed fact that at the beginning of the cable disclosure, every man and his dog was creating a Wikileak thread and more than half of the main page was buried under "Wikileaks this ... and Wikileaks that" type of threads. You could barely see any other non-Wikileak thread topic for the forest of Wikileak threads sprouting up one after another. And yet having just taken a look on the main page, not a single Wikileak thread to be seen. In fact, I can't recall seeing more than a solitary thread or two resurfacing over the last few days, each of which have very quickly been pushed back into obscurity.

Speaking personally, I have to admit that for the 1st few days of the release start, that I would scan through each and every cable that was disclosed ... all the while looking for that world changing disclosure that Assange promised would result from them. Needless to say I haven't seen anything that even comes close to fulfilling such a dramatic statement.

Sure, we've seen cables that have slightly embarrassed some governments but on the whole, the cables released so far have been shown to be quite mediocre, boring and without much substance. Is it any wonder that the majority of the general populace has shown very little interest in the cables and if asked, would most likely say they have no idea whatsoever as to the contents and even less interest in finding out.
For most of them, their sole exposure to Wikileaks has been through the soapbox drama surrounding Assange and his arrest ... beyond that, they could care less.

So where did Assange go wrong ?

Well, in my opinion, he dragged out the release of the cables and what was released, was basically lack-lustre and mediocre and just continues to drag on day by day. Truthfully, my initial excitement fizzled out quickly and I haven't even checked any of the released cables for almost 2 weeks now through boredom and not wishing to wade through masses of trivia.

Instead, If he really did have some incredibly "juicy" revelations to make, that would indeed be "world changing", then Assange should have made it a priority to disclose those cabled in particular right from the get-go. Grab the average Joe and Janes attention and make them sit up, take notice and say WTF !!!!

Frankly my dear Mr. Assange ... I no longer give a damn ...
edit on 21/12/10 by tauristercus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by tauristercus

, every man and his dog was creating a Wikileak thread and more than half of the main page was buried under "Wikileaks this ... and Wikileaks that" type of threads.

This is because most people on this site are mindless drones following the MSM when it comes to news. So when the Zionist controlled media does not report on Wikileaks out of fear, most mindless drones won't make Wikileaks threads. Fear not though! The intelligent people are aware of the game being played!

edit on 21-12-2010 by alien because: ...needless personal comment removed...

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   

edit on 21-12-2010 by alien because: ...removed, as referred to post has now been editted...

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Yeah, this Wikileaks show is boring. I'm interested in the latest season of WikiLoser. Or how about some Wiki Busters? Cooking with Wiki anyone?

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
To paraphrase the OP:

"Like ZOMG wikileaks hasn't released enough to satisfy my insatiable conspiracy appetite, i'm like soooo maddd, even though the cables have shown that our diplomats are spying on the UN and stealing DNA and now Hilliary can't run for president because of it, and the secret soldiers fighting wars in Pakistan are no big deal, and nobody cares that tax money is funding the pimping of little boys... etc etc"

What exactly do you want?

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by FalselyFlagged

Agree, I think wikileaks has shown us some interesting stuff, unfortunately i think most people in america are too stupid, or too numb to realize the implications of these leaks.. most average americans just dont care, you know the... the same people who elected bush twice, and thought obama was great.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
One of the things i have never understood about likiweaks is if you have secrets ,why would you write them down and put them in a file unless you wanted someone to find them? Another way of putting it is this,say i had a secret that i couldnt let anyone know,now would i write it down or just keep it in my head.Dazed and confused

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

If someone were to keep a secret in a head and someone would put a bullet through said head, there would be nothing left of said secrets. Don't fear though, the people of Earth will soon come out the woodworks and disclose their own personal experiences with certain agencies. Especially those the MSM won't report on.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Kind of a shame we will have our internet squashed and wiki will be one of the reasons.. especially since the info has of yet been less than useful or enlightening. Sure worked like a charm outting ANon and using that as well to screw around with net neutrality and etc... torrents and making anon a boogeyman with a face.

Yep, pretty darned wikibored. Im sure some expecting aliens and NWO conspiracies being outted in "classified" CABLES must have been a greatlt disappointed..
It HAS been amusing to see people acting like most of this info wasnt already all over the MSM for a while now. The stuff out of china was outted in 08.
No one reads wired I guess..

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

You will have your internet squashed if you are too lazy to organize the people around you to march in the streets. You will have your internet squashed if you decide that some people in a suit decide what is and what is not proper information for you to view.

In short, if YOUR internet is squashed it is YOUR fault. Not because some person in a suit decided it was time for free information on the internet to come to a halt. For crying out loud, WE are the people who give the people in power THEIR power! Who are they to abuse our trust? Who have they been to abuse our trust for so long?

Sheesh, are you really that far gone

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zamini

You will have your internet squashed if you are too lazy to organize the people around you to march in the streets. You will have your internet squashed if you decide that some people in a suit decide what is and what is not proper information for you to view.

In short, if YOUR internet is squashed it is YOUR fault. Not because some person in a suit decided it was time for free information on the internet to come to a halt. For crying out loud, WE are the people who give the people in power THEIR power! Who are they to abuse our trust? Who have they been to abuse our trust for so long?

Sheesh, are you really that far gone

assume much about people you dont know? Understand sarcasm??

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Regardless, it is a point that must be made.

Maybe the you should have been they. Thanks anyways(no sarcasm)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   
@tauristercus

I have to admit I'm in complete agreement with you.
There was simply way too much hype and sensationalism following the initial announcement of cable release.
You only have to look right here on ATS to see how many got caught up in the excitement and posted on the wonderments to be released. Now that we're almost a month into the cable releases and nothing earth shattering has so far been released, makes you wonder where all those fervent ATS Wikileaks threaders have disappeared to.

Wikileaks support definitely seems to be flagging badly barely 3 weeks into the release. It's going to be interesting to see whether public awareness continues to slide as the weeks and months roll by and with nothing substantial cable wise appearing.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
These treats are being put in the background, so are treats about other hot topics.
For me its obvious that this is happening on ATS. They all serve the same goal.

And whats funny about it, nobody believes me yet.
So, i will be ridiculed by this outrageous assumption.

Kudos for the people of the dark side, all is being played outstandingly professional.
Sometimes I wish I where different from the inside, people are easy.

www.abovetopsecret.com... (This is a tiny taste of what we are playing against)

You are WikiBored on purpose.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Something that came up in a conversation about the seemingly dwindling interest was that it wasn't really a lack of interest, but more that it was discouragement because the corruption runs so deep that no one (that was involved in the conversation) really believes anything will come of anything that is released. I think that could be part of it for others, as well.

How often do we ever really see changes when it comes to the US government, be it congressmen/women or senators, when there is some scandal or corruption uncovered? They might get censured...maybe, if it is something that others in the government feel that they can't just let slide or sweep under the carpet. More often it is that the offending official will offer an apology, explain that they misspoke or were misunderstood, and nothing changes, they just try to hide it better so that they won't get caught the next time.

Until people see some actual, real, honest to chocolate change and see that things are being handled differently they have no reason to follow the leaks closely because, no matter what is revealed, it won't matter anyway. Not that people don't care, they just know that whatever is revealed in the leaks it will be business as usual and they don't get to vote again for a while and protests seem to fall on deaf ears more and more and they are discouraged.

YMMV, this is just one perspective gained in a recent conversation.

Take care,
Cindi

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
0.8% of the cables down, 99.2% to go.

Bank of America will be exciting.

And don't forget the insurance file.

Wikileaks is going to drag this out over months.

I agree that Assange's personal life and every minute detail is boring. We have to give this some time.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Is WikiLeaks a glitch in the Matrix? Or is it the Matrix giving us a new program to download?

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Very cool post, repped.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Well, its been over a week since I created this thread and from what I'm seeing ... or should that be NOT seeing ? ... there's almost nil Wikileaks activity on the board or in the media.

In fact, even the media's fascination with Assange himself once he had been released from incarceration, appears to have waned dramatically.

With the sharp nosedive in apparent cable interest, can we assume that the current Wikileaks cable revelations have run their course and public interest is fading rapidly ?
If not, then why aren't we seeing continued and strong ongoing interest amongst the ATS members ?

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by tauristercus
With the sharp nosedive in apparent cable interest, can we assume that the current Wikileaks cable revelations have run their course and public interest is fading rapidly ?

No, we can't.

Originally posted by tauristercus
If not, then why aren't we seeing continued and strong ongoing interest amongst the ATS members ?

Because no major cables have been released recently, in this 24/7 media cycle. 99% of the cables are still to come.

When the big cables will come, the big stories will follow.

Saying that public interest has faded is like saying public interest in planet Earth has faded. Wikileaks is revealing how a lot of the world works.

top topics

join