It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US seeking to expand ground raids into Pak: NYT

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   

US seeking to expand ground raids into Pak: NYT

pakobserver.net

Washington—Top US military commanders in Afghanistan are pushing to expand ground raids by Special Operations Forces across the border in Pakistan’s tribal areas, The New York Times reported Monday.

Amid growing US frustration with Pakistan’s efforts to remove militants from their strongholds, officials are proposing to escalate military activities in the country, the Times said on its website.

This report has been refuted by ISAF Deputy Chief of Staff for Communication Gregory Smith, who said
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
You people that claim that these cables are released by WikiLeaks are deluded.

The cables say that the US is trying to expand ground force operations in Pakistan, while the Army vehemently denies it. Why would the CIA want this information out there?

...short answer: They don't.

Add this to the file of other documents that show the US with their pants down in these released cables.

pakobserver.net
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 21-12-2010 by FalselyFlagged because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Ya no governmental official has said the cables are false they just complain about them.... So far iv seen no reason to believe their false.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Everyone knows Pakistan is a hot bed for terrorists and Pakistan is also home to nuclear WMD. I know the CIA is not happy about the state of affairs in Pakistan and if the USA destroys those Pakistani WMD - I say go for it.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

k let's go for isreals while were at it. There just as crazy!

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
Everyone knows Pakistan is a hot bed for terrorists and Pakistan is also home to nuclear WMD. I know the CIA is not happy about the state of affairs in Pakistan and if the USA destroys those Pakistani WMD - I say go for it.

How many wars do you think the US can handle at once??

Remember, they haven't EVER fought against a country with descent weapons, let alone nukes...

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

okay I usually am a big fan of what you post but in world 2 Germany had modern weapons for the time and in world war 1 and brittian was top notch in the revolutionary war.

And as for nukes? Iraq!

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
There is a great deal of manouverig being done over there, the sutuation is far more complicated by the fact that the US is allied with India as well as Pakistan.The Pakis are well aware that their nukes are not really popular with the US. and i am sure they are well and truely guarded.
There is virtually no chance that we could make a swift and powerful enough strike to take them before they could react.So we have to live with them, and the indo/Paki rivalry.
There is not a lot of room to maneuver things in order to make them go the desired directions over there...
It is always some generals idea to expand the theatre of war to imclude foriegn sancuaries if they exist.
We are never gonna stop hearing calls for this till the troops come home for good.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   
U.S just trying to help out their puppet india deal with pakistan... Rather than working to assist the government of pakistan which is supposedly an u.s ally in dealing with the problems.. And amerika wonders why the world doesnt like them.. Hint : its poor form to attack allies and to invade countries slaughtering innocent people for the greed of politicians and corporations.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by XxRagingxPandaxX
reply to post by backinblack

okay I usually am a big fan of what you post but in world 2 Germany had modern weapons for the time and in world war 1 and brittian was top notch in the revolutionary war.
And as for nukes? Iraq!

Sorry I let you down..

But despite what hollywood may tell you, America did not win WW11 on it's own..
It has NEVER gone up against a well equiped force alone..
Now it is spreading it's forces to thin on too many fronts...

top topics

join