It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is this on Google Moon? Not UFOs! Very Strange!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Be ready for a puzzle out of this world!
55 47'17.10" N 78 50'38.82" W

I took a photo of what I saw so if no one else mentions the unusualness of the image I'll post the photo. Let me just tease that it looks like eBay confiscated Google Moon for its own ends.

edit on 21-12-2010 by The Shrike because: Additional comments.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by The Shrike

Looking now, what am I looking at? Your coordinates correct?

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
not seeing anything?

check this one out though, thought it looked wierd..

22°19'56.03"N 28° 6'46.54"E

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Here is the location you specified, is it correct? i dont see anything.

edit on 21-12-2010 by sicksonezer0 because: Embed

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   

nope, not seeing anything either.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   

It might be time for your meds.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Okay, boys and girls, I went to the coordinates again which are on the dark side and what you see in the photo below is still there, at least on my Google Moon. I kid you not, I wouldn't know how to do this.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Bahahaha! I see what you are talking about now. That is pretty funny. Is that like the advertisements for the free Google Moon now? Pay and the ads will be gone?

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   

look what i found!!

j/k hah
As far as what you are talking about, maybe google earth gearing up for ads or payper click junk in google earth, like what we see in google search results, and what you are seeing is a parsing error or something..

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Shrike
Okay, boys and girls, I went to the coordinates again which are on the dark side and what you see in the photo below is still there, at least on my Google Moon.
It may be on yours, but it's not on mine.

I'm not quite sure how that would happen, but I add those yellow thumbtacks all the time, aka "placemarks".

Maybe you or your browser inadvertently added some placemarks?

Or else, to use a technical term, your computer may be "frakked up".

To check that last possibility, I recommend you download the free version of malwarebytes here:

www.malwarebytes.org...

After downloading, close all open applications, and run the malwarebytes scan...did it find any problems on your PC?

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

Okay, boys and girls, I went to the coordinates again which are on the dark side and what you see in the photo below is still there, at least on my Google Moon.
It may be on yours, but it's not on mine.

I'm not quite sure how that would happen, but I add those yellow thumbtacks all the time, aka "placemarks".

Maybe you or your browser inadvertently added some placemarks?

Or else, to use a technical term, your computer may be "frakked up".

To check that last possibility, I recommend you download the free version of malwarebytes here:

www.malwarebytes.org...

After downloading, close all open applications, and run the malwarebytes scan...did it find any problems on your PC?

I'm always ready to learn and I appreciate your reply. I'd like to learn how to use "placemarks" so if you can point me to a tutorial on how to do it, here or privately, I'll appreciate it. I used Google Sky to check out the line as pointed out in the ongoing Orion thread and didn't run into any weirdness. I visit Google Moon regularly and never came up with this kind of stuff.

I used to have malwarebytes installed but switched to Microsoft Security Essentials and yesterday I did a full scan using Microsoft Live Onecare scanner and my PC is healthy. I just went to Moon again and got
"adventurous" and clicked on one of the placemarks and got a popup, photo below, which confirmed my guess that eBay was connected to this although it was a pure guess.

When I clicked on the blue text link I was taken to a website called Yakaz.com where they post classified ads and this was one of them and it is no longer there!

I'm baffled.

edit on 22-12-2010 by The Shrike because: Corrections

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   

I used to have malwarebytes installed but switched to Microsoft Security Essentials and yesterday I did a full scan using Microsoft Live Onecare scanner and my PC is healthy.
You don't have to uninstall Microsoft Live Onecare scanner or anything else to run the malwarebytes scan. The malwarebytes scan is probably a better scan so you should still run it.

It looks like some malware may have hijacked your PC and I suspect the Microsoft scan missed it. Not sure even malwarebytes will find it, you may need to run "hijack this" and get some help from a site like this: www.bleepingcomputer.com...

What's that "toolbox" icon at the top of your screenshot? That may be part of the problem, I don't have that.

At the top of google earth is an icon of pushpin, just click that and it allows you to enter the name of a placemark at the current coordinates.

Something entered all those ebay placemarks for you (since you say you didn't do it) so it's either malware, or some type of corruption of your file system.

running chkdsk would detect the latter, but I would run malwarebytes first.
edit on 22-12-2010 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

new topics

top topics

join