It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alligator feeding frenzy. Crazy video!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Quote from source:
A voice heard on an amazing video of 300 feeding alligators says it all.

"I ain't never seen so many gators in my life."

Ray Cason's biggest catch earlier this month, when he went fishing at Stephen C. Foster State Park in the Okefenokee Swamp in southeast Georgia, was two videos that have made a splash on Facebook and YouTube.

As of Tuesday night they had garnered nearly 100,000 page views, according to YouTube.

One of the videos looks like something out of an "Animal Planet" special. Alligator heads bob on the surface while others, in the background, gyrate and thrash in the water as they snap at mudfish, also known as bowfin.
The alligators are jammed in a canal perhaps 30 feet wide.

"With a high population of mudfish you can almost smell them," said Art Webster, supervisory refuge manager at the Okefenokee National Wildlife Refuge.

"I've never seen footage like that before," said state wildlife biologist Greg Nelms who, along with other wildlife officials, told CNN this rare "cooperative feeding" happens once every three or four years.

WOW, who has enough guts to go swimming in that river?

I never knew that alligators are cooperative feeders, guess you learn something new everyday.

Thought I would share this with al of you as it is an amazing video, of something very rarely seen.

Any thoughts?

Pred...

source

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
My first thought was "turn the bloody boat around!"...

Great find - have never seen anything like it!

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Like they said - its a pretty rare thing. I know where that park is. It is part of the Okefenokee swamp and really near the Suwanee river. So there is no shortage of gators in the area.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
For some reason the first thing that came to my mind was this

Yes I'm aware that they aren't Hippos, they're pretty hungry though

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
It doesn't sound like the person who shot this footage is in an airboat, which makes his decision to plow through a swarm of these creatures all the more baffling. He's either very brave or very stupid. What say you, Joel and the bots?

edit on 21-12-2010 by Torgo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Torgo

No kidding. There is no chance that I would be in a boat on this lake regardless of what kind of boat it was. Call me a chicken or whatever, but there is no chance I'm risking my life around alligators. That's juts crazy.

Pred...

top topics

join