It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sun Myung Moon, UN Sec.Gen. Ban Ki Moon, The Korean Situation and The Messiah Complex.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by LifeInDeath

He Has The Means

First and foremost we must remember that the Unification Church is, through it's many documented front organizations, a muti-billion dollar business/religious cult organization supprted through these fronts and the fundraising activities of it's dedicated force of slave labor in the form of it's brainwashed cult members.

I really shouldn't have to prove this point as it has been well known and documented for decades in the mainstream press, numerous books, magazine articles and the like.

He Wants The Reunification Of Korea

The Reunification Of Korea And World Peace
by Sun Myung Moon
www.tparents.org...

He Has Garnered Political Influence in South Korea And The United Nations

'Moonies' Launch Political Party In S Korea
www.iol.co.za...

In Ban's UN, Sun Myung Moon's Paper Is Praised, While Gambari Raises Him Funds, WFP Demurs
www.innercitypress.com...

He Has His Own Mainstream Media/Propaganda Outlet

Speaking to followers on June 12, 1991 at East Garden, Irvington, New York, Moon said:

"Father is not so deeply interested in The Washington Times. Father can withdraw at any time. All he has to do is to say, "Closed." Then Father does not have to spend tens of millions of dollars every month. Father can divert that money into Russia or anywhere else. Father is investing millions of dollars per month into the media. Do you know what millions of dollars can do in a country like Russia? In the last nine years, the Church poured eight hundred million dollars in cold cash into The Washington Times. 800 million. You have no idea how much money that is..."

"Remember that Father has poured one billion dollars into the Washington Times during the last fourteen years. This is a fact. All the government bureaus such as the CIA have a record of this..."

Total Calculation Or Accounting Of God's Historical Providence
- Sun Myung Moon, December 25, 1994, East Garden,
- Translator-Peter Kim
www.tparents.org...

"Who is the president of the Washington Times? Who is the original ancestor? When we first made the newspaper in America, who was the beginning point? It was me. If we talk about Washington Times, we cannot say anything without Reverend Moon. You should not think that the Washington Times can move apart from Father. At any time, I can disband the Washington Times and make a similar newspaper in China or Russia. It's not crucial to have it in America. I can create a greater cultural world somewhere else."
www.freedomofmind.com...

Church Spends Millions On Its Image
www.washingtonpost.com...

Another church political arm, Causa International, which preaches a philosophy it calls "God-ism," has been spending millions of dollars on expense-paid seminars and conferences for Senate staffers, Hispanic Americans and conservative activists. It also has contributed $500,000 to finance an anticommunist lobbying campaign headed by John T. (Terry) Dolan, chairman of the National Conservative Political Action Committee (NCPAC).
These activities are described by Unification Church officials as part of a much broader, and sometimes more subtle, program to influence American politics and culture. This year, the church has spent $15 million to launch a national edition of its Washington Times newspaper...

His Reach Is Far And Wide

List Of Unification Church Affiliated Organizations*
*(This is merely an excerpt, as the list of Moon's front organizations is virtually endless.)

Political Organizations

American Freedom Coalition (AFC), a group which seeks to unite American conservatives on the state level to work toward common goals. The coalition, while independent, receives support from the Unification Church.[44],
Freedom Leadership Foundation, an anti-communist organization in the United States active in the 1960s, 1970s, and 1980s.[45][46]
Family Party for Universal Peace and Unity, a South Korean political party founded by the Unification Church, one of whose main goals is the reunification of Korea.[47]
TheConservatives.com political website in partnership with the Heritage Foundation.[48]
The Summit Council for World Peace is an international group active in Moon's effort to unite North and South Korea.[49]
Washington Institute for Values in Public Policy[50][51]
CAUSA International is an anti-communist educational organization created in New York City in 1980 by members of the Unification Church at the suggestion of Rev. Sun Myung Moon.[52] In the 1980s it was active in 21 countries. In the United States it sponsored educational conferences for evangelical and fundamentalist Christian leaders [53] as well as seminars and conferences for Senate staffers, Hispanic Americans and conservative activists.[54] In 1986 it produced the anti-Communist documentary film Nicaragua Was Our Home.[55]
The International Coalition for Religious Freedom is an activist organization based in Virginia, the United States. It is sponsored by the Unification Church and its president is Dan Fefferman, who has held several leadership positions within the Unification Church of the United States. Founded in the 1980s, it has been active in protesting what it considers to be threats to religious freedom by governmental agencies.[56][57][58]
Korean Cultural Freedom Foundation, a nonprofit organization which in the 1970s acted as a propaganda campaign in the United
States for the Republic of Korea[59]
National Committee Against Religious Bigotry and Racism[60]
National Prayer and Fast Committee, which supported President Richard Nixon during the Watergate scandal.[61][62]
en.wikipedia.org...

The idea that businesses associated with Moon often act in concert to further his goals is not new. In 1977 congressional hearings were held to examine Korean-American relations. A very important subject of the investigation was the operation of the Unification Church and other organizations controlled by Reverend Sun Myung Moon. The subcommittee's 10/31/78 report, entitled Investigation of Korean-American Relations
(U.S. Government Printing Office, Stock Number 052-070-04729-1), concluded that: "The Moon Organization used church and other tax-exempt components in support of its political and economic activities." (p. 388, conclusion 12). The subcommittee also found that: "Although many of the goals and activities of the Moon Organization were legitimate and lawful, there was evidence that it had systematically violated U.S. tax, immigration, banking, currency, and Foreign Agents Registration Act laws, as well as State and local laws relating to charity fraud, and that these violations were related to the organization's overall goals of gaining temporal power." (p. 388, conclusion 13).

www.irs.gov...
www.freedomofmind.com...

They Have People On The Inside Already

State Department Official Picked to Run U.N. Food Program

UNITED NATIONS, Nov. 7 -- Josette Sheeran, a senior U.S. State Department official and former managing editor of the

Washington Times, was chosen Tuesday to head the United Nations' Rome-based World Food Program for a five-year term.

(As you recall, the Washington Times newspaper is owned by Moon.)

Summary

I never thought I'd be presenting this information in this manner. But as the Korean situation developed, and is developing, my thoughts turned to Moon, and suddenly the pieces began to fall into place. I don't have a complete picture yet. This is a developing idea. But I thought it important to share this information. To discuss it. To get feedback.

I will endevor to provide a more complete picture as I compile and collate references and sources. There is so much information to pick through. But can you see how this looks on the surface? And this is just the very tip of the iceburg my friend. The Unification Church and Moon have been at this for a very long time. There is much documentation. People with much more time, resources and scholarly aptitude have been on his trail for decades. I can't wrap it up in a single thread on ATS. As I stated earlier, numerous books, magazine articles and the like have been written about Moon, The Unification Church and its seemingly endless list of strawman operations, front groups, political organizations and political aspirations. I am merely trying to shed light on a developing situation.

In the end, it is just my opinion. But it is an informed opinion. Let's not dismiss this out of turn.

"Look, the people you are after are the people you depend on. We cook your meals, we haul your trash, we connect your calls, we drive your ambulances. We guard you while you sleep. Do not... **** with us."
-Tyler Durden, Fight Club

edit on 12/24/2010 by this_is_who_we_are because: formatting

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
There is more to come. I hope you stay tuned. Please take a few minutes to read through this. It's not something I just pulled out of left field.

Thank you for your patience.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Oh, just to remind everyone. We're talking about a guy who happens to be a billionaire and who also thinks he's the Messiah and who also has UN connections. And all hell is breaking loose in the Koreas.

And who happens to be the Secretary General of the UN?

Connect the dots...

"Something just ain't right with this here picture"

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Here's a propaganda film for the Unification Church:

Sun Myung Moon crowned King of Peace at Senate Building

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
And an opposing viepoint:

The World's Most Powerful Cult

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Sun Myung Moon Crowned Messiah in Washington, D.C.

Sun Myung Moon was crowned messiah on March 13, 2004 in the Dirksen Senate Office Building in Washington, DC.

In one of those truly bizarre things that you really have to see to believe, multimillionaire “Reverend” Sun Myung Moon was crowned messiah on March 13, 2004 in the Dirksen Senate Office Building in Washington, DC. Attending the ceremony were apparently seventy-one congressmen, including two senators, dozens of ambassadors to the United States, and various other figures from the religious and political establishments of the nation. Rev. Moon runs the ‘Unification Church’ cult, as well as owning the faux conservative Washington Times and a number of other media outlets worldwide.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/87be91b2c0c1.jpg[/atsimg]

A number of religious leaders from a whole bunch of faiths gathered together to proclaim Rev. and Mrs. Moon the “true parents of all humanity”.

Then this Rabbi declared that Rev. Moon is the true messiah and blew his horn. It wasn’t just Jews, but also Shia Muslims, Sunni Muslims, Evangelicals, mainline Protestants, Hindus, assorted other faiths, and just about everyone.
Everyone, that is, except Catholics and Orthodox. All they could get from us is a defrocked, excommunicated former priest who left the Church and now calls himself “Archbishop” George Augustus Stallings of the Imani Temple. I guess we were lucky (read blessed).

Then Rev. and Mrs. Moon were crowned, and all the little heathens gathered round to worship the Beast. How jolly!

www.andrewcusack.com...

edit on 12/26/2010 by this_is_who_we_are because: photo

edit on 12/26/2010 by this_is_who_we_are because: deleted dead links

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

the whole point of this thread is you think this moon guy is a 'messiah'?

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I won't deny that Sun Myung Moon is a crazy, scary cult leader and has achieved a ridiculous level of acceptance in society for such a person, especially among many of the more Conservative elements in America society, mostly through his ownership of the Washington Times.

That being said, I still don't think you've done anything at all to connect him to Sec. Gen. Ban Ki Moon. A few NGO's associated with the UN is not nearly enough to convince me they are in any way in cahoots. As I noted, there are thousands of NGO's with various levels of association with the UN. The only "connection" you've made is that they are both Korean, which is like saying that Pres. Gerald Ford and L. Ron Hubbard were in cahoots, when they were both alive, because they were both Americans. Seriously, your connection is exactly THAT tenuous.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by indigothefish
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

the whole point of this thread is you think this moon guy is a 'messiah'?

No. My point is that he thinks he's the messiah and has aspirations of world domination.

While the connection between Sung Myung Moon and UN Secretary General ban-Ki Moon may be tenuous, as other posters have said, Sung Myung Moon's political influence, aspirations, wealth and cult leadership is documented.

It is insidious.

His activities are a topic of interest at the very least.

If one nutjob is able to convince a small number of people on a local level, take Jim Jones for instance, think of what someone with a virtually unlimited global following can do. With funds to back it up.

Moon operations are so far removed from the man himself you may not even realize you're working for him, through any one of a great number of front organisations.

Secrecy and manipulation are his modus operandi. Is it such a stretch to ask whether or not he has some in roads at the UN. With a possible Moonie puppet at it's helm.

Isn't this important enough to draw some interest, without the knee-jerk "Oh it's all so unbelievable" reaction.

We see threads all the time on ATS that have absolutely no basis in fact and/or no relevance whatsoever.

Is this really one of those threads?

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by LifeInDeath
I won't deny that Sun Myung Moon is a crazy, scary cult leader and has achieved a ridiculous level of acceptance in society for such a person, especially among many of the more Conservative elements in America society, mostly through his ownership of the Washington Times.

That being said, I still don't think you've done anything at all to connect him to Sec. Gen. Ban Ki Moon. A few NGO's associated with the UN is not nearly enough to convince me they are in any way in cahoots. As I noted, there are thousands of NGO's with various levels of association with the UN. The only "connection" you've made is that they are both Korean, which is like saying that Pres. Gerald Ford and L. Ron Hubbard were in cahoots, when they were both alive, because they were both Americans. Seriously, your connection is exactly THAT tenuous.

I suppose if one were to insidiously infiltrate a global seat of power such as the United Nations, one would attempt to obfuscate, conceal and misdirect. After all, it wouldn't be an infiltration if everyone knew about it.

The idea I've put forth is not some nutjob

"Secret Government Missile Launch Off the Coast Of Bolivia Sends Shock-waves Through The Thetan Community, and I Just Channeled The Spirit Of JFK And He Told Me This... But You'll Have To Wade Through 150 Posts Before I Tell You Anything About It. If At All. Sucker..."

thread.

There really is substance to this. I just can't prove it. That means it's a conspiracy theory. Isn't that what ATS is all about?

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Add this to the mix and you get the UN running the world with the Secretary General of the UN at the helm of the "World Standing Army".

And who's puppet would the UN Secretary General be?

The world "Messiah", so-called - Sun Myung Moon.

And if you still don't think there's a hidden Moonie Agenda behind all of this, well.. sorry to waste your time.

All NWO "Conspiracy Theoreys" Hereby Laid To Rest
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 1/9/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: video

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
I wonder how the latest developments in N. Korea will play out. And what a good time to shamelessly bump my own forgotten and often disparaged thread...

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
- PS

Found a site of early Unification Church photos. I knew the last woman on the right in my late teens when I was a Moonie. Pauline Verheyen. She was the leader of the IOWC team I traveled with. Fun time. Crazy people. And yes, the Unification Church does have it's hand in practically everything...

Doris Orme, Patty Pumphrey, Miss Kim, and Pauline Verheyen
www.tparents.org...

edit on 12/24/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo, ink

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Here's arRelated thread. An excellent source of information:

Secret Shadow Government Found: It's the U.N. and The U.N. IS your worst Nightmare !
by JohnPhoenix
started on 10/31/2012 @ 06:28 PM

The OP:

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
People tend to be concerned with local politics. People don't often realize that local politics are intimately intertwined with politics of the UN. This effects every citizen that belongs to a UN member nation. Who's pulling the strings? Who is the Illuminati? Who is the shadow government we all loathe and fear? I believe It's the United Nations.

And we, tend to ignore them. This is by design. It's time for the People of every nation to wake up and start paying more attention to the U.N.'s involvement in your local politics.

Here are some examples:

UN Calls for Worldwide Internet Surveillance and Data Retention in the Name of Fighting Terrorism www.abovetopsecret.com...

U.N. Agency Calls for Teaching Children 5-to-8 Years of Age about Masturbation www.abovetopsecret.com...

New UN White Paper Defines Internet Users as Potential Terrorists www.abovetopsecret.com...

U.N. Official Warns: Electing Mitt Romney Means ‘Democratic Mandate for Torture’ www.abovetopsecret.com...

[Must-Watch] Ron Paul Exposes United Nations Plan to Destroy US and Take Over the World, www.abovetopsecret.com...

Soros Promotes UN Control Over Gun Ownership www.abovetopsecret.com...

Senate Poised to Give UN Control of Everything Re the Oceans by Ratifying LOST www.abovetopsecret.com...

ATS has tons more examples. What people don't do is take this information in collectively. They don't see how the UN seeks to undermine the U.S. Constitution and the Constitutions, rights, laws of other countries. We only see a little at a time, and soon, it's forgotten. But they don't forget. They remember like an elephant all the time moving the agenda for world control along without you even realizing it.

Why do stories like the Illuminati and shadow government exist? To draw our attention away from the real culprit The United Nations.

I found this neat website that acts like a watch dog for the U.N. It's called UN Watch. unwatch.com...

Some of the links on that site:

U.S. Senate recognizes the United Nations Organization as a Sovereign Nation unwatch.com...

US agrees to international control of its troops in Iraq unwatch.com...

SOROS FLUNKY RUNS OBAMA'S PRO-U.N. POLICY usasurvival.org...

UN says there's a limit to Free Speech unwatch.com...

U.N. resolution to globalize 'gay' rights unwatch.com...

UN wants new global currency to replace dollar unwatch.com...

U.N. Violates U.S. Law; Pushes Global Tax Schemes unwatch.com...

Of course there are many more. My point here is you may or may not agree with the UN on some of these issues, and it looks like UNWatch.com itself is not pro or against the UN exactly; But it shows a pattern of the UN reaching out globally to undermine the sovereignty of member countries and insert itself as an entity that is in control, that has the last word.

It should be evident that the U.N. does not reflect the will of We The People, no matter if your from the USA, Canada or other. More often than not, our leaders are working right along with them. If there is any political madness in the world, this is where it comes from. The U.N. must be stopped. It has outgrown it's charter and is no longer an entity that helps our nations come together for the common good.
edit on 31-10-2012 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

edit on 11/2/2012 by this_is_who_we_are because: typos

top topics

<< 1   >>

join