It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea threatens to attack South over Christmas lights

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by spocky

I give you an A+ for effort.. That was one hell of a fantasy! But surely, you don't think that this is even a slight possibility do you? North Korea will be turned to a flaccid country in less than 48 hours...

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bf37e04fe91e.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b0335f975b8b.jpg[/atsimg]
I will show you

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/64f78e758ef1.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Resurrectio

Based on what recent history? The North has been pulling "stunts" like this for years. They sneak in at night with maybe tunnels or what not, quickly take over under the panic that insues. The S. Koreans and the U.S. have been putting up with these antics for years. We don't have the 7-8 months of U.N. security council approval to take further action. The North uses our H.R. driven society to "Red Tape" us to death. With the weapons we have provided S. Korea Kim Jung or Jim Ung are not il's we want to be [messing] with.
edit on 21/12/10 by masqua because: [Replaced censor circumvention]

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
South Korea obviously put up the "tree" to spite the North. I would not feel remorse if North Korea dropped a nuke on SK just because SK is obviously taunting NK. SK is asking for it.
edit on 21-12-2010 by fordrew because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
All talk the talk, never walk the walk

Not that I support war or anything, but if you were not going to walk the walk then do not talk the talk.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

I almost choked on that one,priceless post.
A star and these for you

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by fordrew
South Korea obviously put up the "tree" to spite the North. I would not feel remorse if North Korea dropped a nuke on SK just because SK is obviously taunting NK. SK is asking for it.
edit on 21-12-2010 by fordrew because: (no reason given)

Not sure it justifies a nuke but I agree with what you say..

NO ONE seems to question WHY SK wants a xmas tree on the border..

Wouldn't it be better to put it in the middle of a town like normal people do????

Provacation is all they're after and with the new live drills starting on thursday to add extra strain..

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by fordrew

It might not have anything to do with Christmas . That big headed runt thinks he is God and the Christmas lights or Jesus Christ's birth challenges his diety . In any event it highlights his failure as a leader.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
what i meant to say is that south korea is asking to be attacked AKA the korean war resumses. And that might mean eventually north korea will resort to nuclear warfare IF invaded. But initially NK will invade / or try to destroy that stupid "tree".

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
Maybe the North is worried that their population will find out about the existence of light bulbs and electricity.

(liw to self: it's not funny, it's not funny, it's not funny)

I can't help myself!!

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting

Maybe the North is worried that their population will find out about the existence of light bulbs and electricity.

(liw to self: it's not funny, it's not funny, it's not funny)

I can't help myself!!

No, that was funny..Probably a fair bit of truth also..

But still no excuse to start a war..

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Oh great, just what we need now...

Who would have thought somebody would take a Weird Al song as a suggestion?

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   

That is exactly what i was thinking. That the North is not wanting its people to see the South flaunting all their hopped up technology, like lightbulbs, towers, and electricity.

Those wiley Koreans, with their newfangled gadgets and their rap and roll.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Yeah, can't have the NK people finding out about he new fangled tech, better education, and wage for labor now can we.. I mean that would just be civil unrest!

Can't let SK have a Christmas tree, they'll spoil everything..

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by jimragan

Wonders what are the lighted areas. I cant stand Yuri Irsenovich Kim

edit on 12/22/10 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Provocation you cry? There is no need for the North to be f**king provocated over a few damn lights. If they are offended by something as dumb as this then it's their own problem, stop defending the North. In the 70's a few American soldiers were wrongly axed to death because they were clearing a few trees on the DMZ the North Koreans claimed were planted by the Dear Leader himself, they are obviously insane and will get "provocated" by anything they see makes the North look crappy, these lights are nothing.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

I agree 100% about Kimmy's need to be seen as a god. Hence the attempted erasure of religions in any communist country.
But maybe Dear Leader also fears any of his populous or military personnel seeing any beauty or extravagance from their bleak world.

Check out North Korea at night by satellite : www.globalsecurity.org...

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Sorry but i highly doubt medias Cliam of North Korea threatens to attack South over Christmas lights

Looks pretty fake doesnt it? they didnt bother of putting a soruce

The provincial governor , Kim Moon-soo, has warned that firing at the tree would be a reckless and "provocative" act. The South's Defence Minister was more blunt. "We'll retaliate decisively to take out the source of any shelling," Kim Kwan-jin told parliament yesterday. South Korea's Yonhap news agency said fighter jets were on standby, ready to strike back.

These are the same lies about russia durng the cold war, where the media cliamed you could not pray in churchs under the soviet rule, thats pretty false.

Sorry but it seems to me independent.co.uk is looking for readers what better way of getting then faking the news of the korean tensions.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Putting up a Christmas tree is the act of an imperialist regime!!! How many acts of aggression can north Korea take before they fight back? How dare south Korea!!

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
If one Christmas Tree winds up NK and Little Kimmy like this, then I would put up hundreds along the DMZ / Border and play Cliff Richard Xmas Music.

It would be worth it just to wind them up.

After all, would NK actually shoot at a Christmas Tree?

Imagine that in the History Books, they would look like right complete Muppets lol

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join