It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea threatens to attack South over Christmas lights

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   

North Korea threatens to attack South over Christmas lights

www.independent.co.uk

Seasonal goodwill is in short supply on the divided Korean peninsula, where both sides are again at potentially deadly loggerheads – over a Christmas tree.

North Korea's military is reportedly preparing to shoot down a floodlit tower decorated with Christmas lights which overlooks the border near the South's capital, Seoul – home to millions of Christians)

edit on 21-12-2010 by paradiselost333 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I know this is just we need another North Korea thread...but I could not resist. Part of me is laughing..they are taking the spoiled child thing over the top.Is This how it all starts by the targeting of a 100 foot Christmas tree. Come on you know thats funny,but this whole situation is not. More threats big surprise

www.independent.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

Merry Christmas ATS
edit on 21-12-2010 by paradiselost333 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by paradiselost333

Maybe north korea doesnt like Santa....

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   

MSM is always making Christians the victims.

The US is probably going to attack and this is all the justification needed.

"What? Dem Ko-reans is shooting Christams trees?"

"Get 'em Jeb"

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
It is a serious situation. But really, is this a necessary expenditure? That's what makes it amusing. Can you imagine being one of the people who shoot it down? They'd probably feel silly if they are made to do it. A giant fake Christmas tree as psychological warfare...I suppose it wouldn't be nice if you were a NKorean who doesn't have power and it's in your view. I just hope any coming war cannot be written in history books as starting when a Christmas tree was shot down. But then I guess most wars start with trivial things anyway, with one thing leading to another.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
All out atomic war over christmas lights!

S&F

Kim's a little bitch....

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Once again, there is no names given of any North Korean officials threatening this. No name - no credibility. Again.

This is just blatant propaganda to try and demonize the North. They're not stupid, they know that by firing on the tree all they would achieve is giving themselves a bad name. There are much more targets of greater value.

If anyone can provide a link that includes the name of a NK official actually threatening this please post it.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Huh let me see - has a war ever started over a Christmas tree before? Leave it to the brat kid Kim!

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I guess someone keeps getting coal in his stocking to get so irate over a big holiday decoration.

This is stupid. If the North attacks over a flippin' tree, then they'll love being lit up like a proverbial Christmas tree when the South and US hit back.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Blatant propaganda...

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceJ

I know this.
it makes a great target at night,
I dont think this would look good in the history books ...at all!

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Maybe the North is worried that their population will find out about the existence of light bulbs and electricity.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
When I read the OP I pictured Kim Jong ill dressed in a green suit like the grinch and looking down on the christmas tree like the grinch looking down upon Whoville.

The situation is not funny, but this is hilarious. Thanks OP for the chuckle..

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by kennylee

Graphics artists would have a blast with that image!

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

I Agree 100%

Propaganda at it's finest/worst?? throw out a carefully orchestrated tidbit and let everyone fill in the blanks lol

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

Wonder if Black ops has a stealth sleigh? Santa would be a dead man if he flew over North Korea right now!
Donner and Blitzen would be covered in Rudolph.
edit on 12/21/2010 by Resurrectio because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I'd say, they want their population to think dark nights are normal. Check the sat image of North Korea vs South Korea.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6a33d86878c0.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
All we need now is Chevy Chase, Randy Quaid and the usual cast of B-movie greats to pop up outta nowhere and we've got Christmas Vacation XIIVCII.

You couldn't script a worse movie than what's been going on over there of late

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Here is the way I see events unfolding and it is based on no facts. North Korea strikes ruthlessly at the south with special forces and whatever else they have gotten their hands on in the last 5-10 years. They proceed to take over all of S.Koreas modern weapons, and who knows what the U.S. has provided over the last few years. At that point they take a shot at Taiwan who China has had their eye on for ages... It turns out that our little proxy war has turned into something a little more. A unified korea would without a doubt turn into WW3. If you give the il boys quick accsess at what we have been supplying the south with they will use it as fast as possible.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   

You couldn't be more correct.... 200 years from now, kids will be reading a history book... The teacher is talking and Shaun raises his hand...

Teacher: Yes Shaun?

Student: Did the south really light a 50 foot tree right near the DMZ

Teacher: Yes

Student: wow

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join