It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bugarach, the French UFO town that will survive 2012 Armageddon !!!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
www.telegraph.co.uk...

The mayor of a picturesque French village has threatened to call in the army to seal it off from a tide of New Age fanatics and UFO watchers, who are convinced it is the only place on Earth to be spared Armageddon in 2012.

Bugarach, population 189, is a peaceful farming village in the Aude region, southwestern France and sits at the foot of the Pic de Bugarach, the highest mountain in the Corbières wine-growing area. But in the past few months, the quiet village has been inundated by groups of esoteric outsiders who believe the peak is an "alien garage". According to them, extraterrestrials are quietly waiting in a massive cavity beneath the rock for the world to end, at which point they will leave, taking, it is hoped, a lucky few humans with them.

Recently, however, interest in the site had skyrocketed, said the mayor, with online UFO websites, many in the US, advising people to seek shelter in Bugarach as the countdown to Armageddon commences.

So from what I understand, all because one man saw an unidentified flying object and claimed that there are other worldly beings hiding inside the mountain, that many UFO fanatics are flocking to the area to be taken away once 2012 occurs.

SO THIS being ATS, I know that there are many many so called "experts" here on other worldly beings and unidentified flying objects. I have done a search here on ATS on the French village of Bugarach, and there were only 2 results that vaguely reference Bugarach.

So why is this town not discussed here on ATS? Should this not be A BIG DEAL if tens of thousands are willing to flock to this town? Has this been debunked already? Does anyone want to shed more light on this small town? Do some research perhaps? What do you think of this small town 'that will survive 2012 Armageddon' ?

I am quite surprised this place has not been talked about here on ATS before!!!!!! I know I am flocking to Bugarach when Dec 21 2012 comes !

some initial research:

www.telegraph.co.uk...

The internet abounds with tales of the late President François Mitterrand being curiously heliported onto the peak, of mysterious digs conducted by the Nazis and later Mossad, the Israeli secret services. There is talk of the area, near to the Cathar castles, holding the Holy Grail or the treasure of the Templars. A visit to Bugarach is said to have inspired Steven Spielberg in his film, Close Encounters of the Third Kind – although the actual mountain he used is Devil's Tower in Wyoming. Nostradamus, the French apothecary from Provence, is said to have stayed in the area and found the "vibrations" of Bugarach to be positive.Others say Bugarach is where Jules Verne found the entrance and the inspiration for A Journey to the Centre of the Earth.
Bugarach is in the Languedoc-Roussillon, the world's largest wine growing region.

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

The castle of Miglos (a castle nearby) is believed by some to be an entrance to the "Other World"

naturalplane.blogspot.com... msAndMonstersAPersonalJourney+%28Phantoms+and+Monsters%29

Marie-France described the appearance of the entity as human in form and normal size. She remembered being not very ‘dense’ but instead very bright. The entity seemed to be encased in a very bright white light which was not dazzling combined with bright spots of green fluorescence. The entity’s head was conical in shape. Alain could only see an armless humanoid form within a large ball of light moving at ground level. According to the two witnesses the being was about ten yards away, it was therefore clearly visible.

This place is hopping with terrestrial activity and nearby is the site of many esoteric and conspiracy related happenings!
edit on 21-12-2010 by fordrew because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by fordrew

Interesting indeed.... S&F.

I'll have to look into this a bit further on the UFO thing, but I've heard of Bugarach from the Daniel Bettex story.

Also, more info can be found here.

~Namaste

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Business and economy in that town is booming

What they need to do is to build more apartment and/or motels as well as convenience stores.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
good grief! humanity is losing it's collective mind,people must really be reaching peak panic if they think stuff like makes sense.
I'm waiting for the next page to turn like everybody else ,but I feel like I'm reading a Sci Fi thriller, akshully I'm over the panic and I'm ready to ride this roller coaster to end ...then I'll unfasten my restraint and have a burger and by a souvenir !

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   
first - the claim is not even internally consisent

it starts off with the claim that " Bugarach will survive the alleged appocalypse" , and ends with the claim that " the aliens hiding in the mountain will bugger off and MIGHT take humans with them "

second - the entire area is riddled with caves - wehich are explored by thousands of speopologists every year - i guess all cavers are part of the conspiracy - yes many of the caves lead to uncharted regious - but each year expeditions explore and syrvey more of each system

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I also saw that article on The Daily Mail, then came to ATS to see what I could reserve,arch about it. There seems to be some interesting background on this story, but it will have to unfold more to make it compelling. Hopefully more ATSers will come forward and shed more light on this topic!

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Have to give the town some credit for this marketing exercise. Sure to draw in the not only the tourist dollar (or euro I guess) but also boost prices.

BBC have covered this also : BBC

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatisanameanyway
Have to give the town some credit for this marketing exercise. Sure to draw in the not only the tourist dollar (or euro I guess) but also boost prices.

BBC have covered this also : BBC

marketing exercise? For whom would it be a marketing exercise ? The mayor surely wants tourists out if they want to call the French army to keep people out. How about you ask the aliens hiding in the mountain to kindly leave. What tourism does a tiny town of less than 200 want .

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Yeaaaaa.

I'm NOT going to stand in front of a mountain that supposedly has 'aliens' in it.
Definitely not.
All those thousands of people will end up like this:

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by fordrew

Has anyone actually been there? I'd be really interested to know if people are now actually living there in preparation or if it is just a place where people come and look around and then leave again. Be great to here from someone who has actually spent time there, or even better is there now. If so where are they living??? Is there some kind of community, or just a few individuals doing their thing?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Don't know anything about this place in France, and have never heard of a UFO/ET connection with it either.

But, the Mayor saying that he is thinking of calling in the Army to stop people coming to the area, is beyond his powers.

For a start, France is part of the EU...which means that any person from a member country, can legally go to the area, and settle there if they so wished...the Army hasn't got a say in it.

Has anyone ever been there and climbed the mountains?

Are they riddled with caves and potholes?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

Hey spikey,

I live in France and ever went to this place.

All of this is total BS and what I can tell you is that the people that live over there find it boring to say the least...

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

hahaha thats great. I can imagine some poor sap making a pilgrimage to this place to find out that it is nothing but a tiny quiet town. At least you are in France and you can just go visit the place and depending on where you are in france it would be like a day trip or a weekend trip.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevenaugust
reply to post by spikey

Hey spikey,

I live in France and ever went to this place.

All of this is total BS and what I can tell you is that the people that live over there find it boring to say the least...

Fair enough elevenaugust.

Thanks.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by fordrew

I am looking to speak to people who are making preparations for 2012 in the UK - building a shelter, traveling to Bugarach etc?

Please contact me

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by the_0bserver85

I agree. Build cheap hotels, stores.....anything to take these fool's money. Strike while the iron is hot I say. After nothing happens, I wonder how many of them will even have the smarts to understand how idiotically stupid they have been?

But yeah, if I were in charge of that town, I would position myself to take advantage of the ignorance demonstrated by the 2012 movement by monetarily making my town better for it, lol.

The funniest part is you know there are enough idiots that will assign common events (like normal earthquakes, storms, etc) to some stupid 2012 thing and want to stay there. Heck, milk those idiots dry and then kick them out to make room for more idiots.....a fool and his money are easily parted, and it is not up to the rest of us level headed folks to protect the idiots from going broke because they read something on the internet and lacked the intelligence to even look into it before they did something stupid.

I have no problem taking advantage of ignorance. In this day and age there is no excuse for it anyway, so if you are ignorant then you are so willingly. And for that, you must pay the rest of us for your stupidity.
edit on 11-5-2011 by MainLineThis because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by fordrew

I am doing some research into people in the UK who are preparing for 2012. Is anybody interested in sharing their thoughts/beliefs/plans?

Email me at [email protected]

Thanks

Katie

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by katie2012

Yes, those that are worried should send me all of their money before November 2012. When nothing happens to the rest of thew world, but I disappear with all the money, they can take comfort in the fact that I was the only one on the planet to ascend and that their money was put to good use in the days before my 'enlightenment".

Sure, it would pain me to leave humanity behind, knowing it's fate....but for some reason I think I could live with it, lol.

The whole 2012 thing is total bunk, filled with nothing more than people that actually EMBRACE ignorance...which is not necessarily a new thing, but I would have thought in these modern times there would be less of that idiotic thing going on.....but then again, religion is still huge...so who knows....

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by MainLineThis

I am actually working for a UK documentary company and want to follow people who are ALREADY making the journey. I do not want money in any way! I am just interested in talking to some people.

Thanks

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
so i went looking on google found a page about this secret base

i found it to be a great read

had to use google translator then i post this link

secretebase.free.fr...

hope it works for you guys.

peace!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>