It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High-Level Masonry

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

is their mission still to help Christian travelers on their way?
Do you know this for a fact, or is this more along the lines of supposition?
What is it about them that makes them "real" in your opinion?

thanks in advance.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by LUXUS
reply to post by network dude

No they don't have a website, they have several meeting places I would imagine. Very low key and what else can I say about them other then the Kights templars do still exist in Europe.
Perhaps these guys?

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Okay time to come clean....

I am a Knight Templar! (hide the children)....granted of what you may consider the lowly York Rite variety, however actually there is probably a stronger link between that group as well as much of Masonry and the actual historical Knight Templars than people including many masons give credit. The problem is in the "proof" there's a lot of circumstantial evidence, but no hard proof. There definitely have been some historically important people within the masonic knightly orders (Paul Revere for example), there's also plenty of unimportant people who were members. In America it has had a special significance both in Military and government at times, but not much anymore.

Masons in general of course are not influenced nor do they take orders from any such appendent bodies their only relation is that you have to be a mason before joining. There's also knightly orders outside the York. The Knight Templars are only apart of the YORK RITE within the United States...The York Rite combining separate groups within the US that are separate groups in say England, Australia, Europe etc However they share rituals with us, and then there's some of the wacko groups who use the name....it's not exactly trademarked.

As for Switzerland and Scotland, yes I believe Switzerland and Scotland are very important to the Knight Templar organization as both countries do have a lot of circumstantial evidence as to linkage to fleeing Templers. There’s a zillion books on the topic that can educate the non Templar as much as anything known by most Knight Templar members.

Here's the thing most masons will tell you there is no proof of any link to the Templars. This is correct. Most masons however want to believe there is a link, that statement I think is correct. There's a good chance there may be , and the more you study the more smoke you find......but masons tend to not say something IS, or is a fact unless they are certain.

However let's say the link is a fact. What then? How would that be a conspiracy? The actual Templars were very devout Christians, who gave up personal wealth, and dedicate their lives to serving others. The order was wealthy true, but not the individuals. It was a very honorable western European military order that crossed nationalities, and eventually to some extent even crossed religions in part of the world. They are responsible for coming up with a safer way of moving finances, freeing quite a few people including Muslims from harsh dictators, and creating cities where all religions not just Christianity were given freedom, (again Muslims included who prior might be repressed harshly by other Muslims of a different theology) They uncovered much of the Science and knowledge from the Greeks, Muslim, and older Iranian empires and took it to Europe creating the seeds for the Renaissance, and allowing western civilization to break the chains of thinking from repressive dogma, and a completely corrupt church and papacy. They facilitated trade across the seas, and made the Mediterranean seas safer from pirates by their very presence, (who would later steal their navel flag and use it as a pirate symbol because of it's intimidating quality) they were then unfairly persecuted by a greedy, tyrant, a bought church, and the enemies they had made by stopping their lawless behavior.......as most such groups have found historically no good deed goes unpunished.

I'm just not sure I see how the Templars fit into a NWO or illuminati conspiracy, that is if this conspiracy is one of corrupt, selfish and uncompassionate men....I challenge those who do to read about the actual templars from Hugo on, read what writings remain, and how concerned they were with even the most mundane of religious concerns and virtues....these guys were pious austere men, they lived as poor monks.....to me it's like accusing Quakers of malevolent intent….I’m no Quaker but I can’t say a world based on their ethics would not be an improvement….. I think people know more about the Templar myth, and little about the actual Templars. It would be a far better world of more men lived by their code.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ForkandSpoon
I am a Knight Templar! (hide the children)....granted of what you may consider the lowly York Rite variety...
I'm a Knight Templar too! (hide your wives)....granted of what you may consider the lowly Scottish Rite variety... In the Scottish Rite Southern Jurisdiction, the 28th degree is Knight Commander of the Temple... another name for knights of the temple was Knights Templar...

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

What about the husbands? I am guessing you are raping everybody out there? You do not have to come and confess, we are looking for you, and we will find you, so you can run and tell that!

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Schrödinger

Aww, it's not rape. The ladies all know once you go Knight, you'll always see light. "Who's your chevalier?"

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

Hahaha lol....I don't think so, just the photos made me laugh!

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I have heard that Ormus le guidon the knights templar made it back to England, with a stone mason. Some say this is the link, the point at which knowledge the knights templars had gathered was infused in the craft of the stone mason. I am aware that there are a load of groups calling themselves knights templars, probably more in America then anywhere else as they have a longing for such things.

I have actually been in contact with the knights templars, was asked to join and even considered it but then I got cold feet and pulled out as didn't want the commitment....you know guys run away from commitment right

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton
reply to post by Schrödinger

Aww, it's not rape. The ladies all know once you go Knight, you'll always see light. "Who's your chevalier?"

Darn you, you caused me to get orange juice in my nose.....LOL Good stuff. Have to tell the wife that one.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join