It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High-Level Masonry

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

It is apparent that a portion of Secret Societ conspiracy theorists believe that there is a cabal of 'higher-level' Masons somehow controlling or manipulating lower-level Masons, either through coercion or deception. I would like those that adhere to this theory to explain to me, and the forum in general, what constitutes a High-Level Mason.

Is it there degree? If so, and in your opinion, what, if any import does this have in relation to Masonry on the whole.

Is it their soical status?

Is it their political status?

Or is it some other designator that you feel applies?

I would be also obliged if you could provide names of the people in question so as to debate their perceived 'High-Level' status and its relationship to Masonry.

Well, since you're a Mason perhaps you can tell us what Masons consider a "high-level" Mason?

All organizations have some sort of hierarchical structure - both formal and informal, or public and private if you prefer. Can you illuminate those of us who are not of the brotherhood what a true disciple of the studies might aspire to beyond the level of Master Mason? After intense study and completion of same within the various specialty branches that one may choose, in addition to knowledge and/or degree, does is also confer or infer rank either formally or informally within the larger organization (beyond your local lodge)?

Once one has achieved the level of Master Mason, are all areas of additional study open to all without restriction or is there a further vetting process for certain "specialty" areas?

Do you believe you truly know all the "areas of study" available? If not, and further secrets are revealed as a brother travels along his Masonic path, what individual or group is entrusted with this full knowledge?

I am genuinely curious and also understand if you are unable to fully answer due to your oath.

Thanks in advance.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schrödinger
Still want the links? I could just link you the most relevant ones, U2U me if you are interested

I appreciate the invite but I would prefer that you link them here in case anyone else may be interested. It may further others exploration of the topic as well.

Didn't want to link them in this thread without your permission.

I will post them chronological, (oldest first) be aware that I have gone from tinfoil madman with masonrywatch.org as my primary source to where I am now!
Today, I am really only interested in physical sources or highly accurate public accounts. I have learned it the hard way that educating yourself on the internet is a bad idea
Unless it is debated and debated and debunked and then debunked some more

I am linking all of the relevant articles; not because I feel they are highly accurate, but because I want to give you a chance to see where I came from, and where I am now. (For the sake of wholeness or completeness and fairness)

A lie told often enough becomes the truth
And the truth shall set you free
There are no secrets better kept than the secret that everybody guesses
Secret Societies, Symbolism and Sacred Geometry

Now if you read them, you would also see in the replies that over the years I have gotten allot of help from the Masons here on ATS, I have never tried to hide that fact.
Enjoy and thank you for letting me spam your thread with old links

edit on 21-12-2010 by Schrödinger because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I am pretty sure Rupert Murdoch is a mason, I dug around a little; and found something very interesting.

So his father was apparently Knighted by the English Crown, after he got the assistance of Alfred Harmsworth (Founder of Amalgamated Press) who was ennobled also by the English Crown.

His father went to Camberwell Grammar School and London School of Economics

And Rupert himself went to Geelong Grammar School and Worcester College, Oxford

Now I do not know about you, but I am under the belief that Knights, Barons, Boarding Schools, Fraternities, Colleges, all gives me a juicy taste that I am on to something.
Then again, it might all be a coincidence, that the most powerful media mogul in the world, happens to get the current most powerful media mogul in the world today, fathers Knighted.

Just found that while reading up on his father, thought I would share it.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cyprian
John Glenn. Astronaut. Pretty good at being the first to walk on the Moon, pretty bad at remembering scripted lines. Supposedly put a Masonic flag on the Moon. Can't wait to hear about that lodge...
I've actually considered joining. They only meet quarterly, and the dues don't look too bad once you get past the initial bump...

Tranquility Lodge 2000 is based in Texas under auspices of The Grand Lodge of Texas until such time as the Lodge may hold its meetings on the Moon.
Tranquility Lodge 2000
edit on 2010.12.22 by JoshNorton because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   

But why would a person who is the head of an appendant body have any sway over Masons who are not invloved with that body? Ronald Seale, who is the Sovereign Inspector for the Southern Jurisdiction, has no influence over Scottish RIte members in the North, let alone Blue Lodge Masons in the South.
No, but on a matter of scale, Ronald Seale (nice guy, in spite of his fetish for bowties) probably has more numbers under his command than any Grand Lodge officer in the United States. I'm not sure if SRSJ's numbers top the ~250,000 UGLE members in the UK or not, but Ronnie's certainly got a fair bit of manpower at his disposal, should he choose to wield it.

That said, the Grand Master of the Grand Lodge of Louisiana could kick Seale out of Masonry entirely on a whim (since Seale's Blue Lodge affiliation is in Baton Rouge, I believe). While he may have less members under his leadership, he may have more power...
edit on 2010.12.22 by JoshNorton because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
A question for the non-masons who believe in "high-level" masons:

How is it that the Master of a lodge (even if he has only done the three degrees of the craft) can have any Freemason expelled, including 33° Scottish Rite Masons, heads of other appendant orders etc, if he feels it is for the good of his lodge?

Craft (blue lodge) officers (having done the three degrees) have power over other masons, yet irrespective of rank, the so-called "high-level" masons of the side-orders have no authority whatsoever over Craft officers.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Riffrafter

Well, since you're a Mason perhaps you can tell us what Masons consider a "high-level" Mason?

A "high-level" mason would be a Grand Officer of the Craft (Blue Lodge). Masons often refer to them affectionately as "Chains" due to their regalia. It does not matter whether such a Mason has done any other side-degrees, Scottish or otherwise. "'Chains" command the respect of all masons.

Typically, a Worshipful Master of a lodge can deny any person entry into the lodge, irrespective of rank, degree or title. Any Mason wishing to enter the lodge must seek or request admission from the Master. However, at installation ceremonies (where the new Master is installed), the installing Grand Officer demands admission (as opposed to requesting admission) , symbolically to affirm his position of authority in the Craft.

Even so, all masons are still equal. This may be hard to understand, and seemingly contradictory, to non-masons, but it is explained in the ritual: "...we are all sprung from the same stock, partakers of the same nature and sharers in the same hope; and although distinctions among men are necessary to preserve subordination, yet... ...we are Brothers, [and] he who is placed on the lowest spoke of fortune's wheel is equally entitled to our regard..."

edit on 22/12/2010 by Saurus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Schrödinger

So the SGIG of Idaho does receive special recognition in the Blue Lodge, but only because he is a Past Grand Master of the Grand Lodge. The Grand Commander of the Idaho Knights Templar is a Past Master in the Blue Lodge and a appointed Grand Lodge officer. The Illustrious Grand Master and Grand High Priest are Past Masters in the Blue Lodge Point being, these men are only recognized for their achievements in that respective where the achievement was accomplished.

I have received several honors in the York Rite, but none of it is recognized by the Blue Lodge. Only my gaining Past Master status earns me extra recognition.

Originally posted by Schrödinger
I am refering to the Poor Fellow-Soldiers of Christ and of the Temple of Solomon aka Knights Templars!

The Masonic Knights Templar do not take that as their full name. You could visit the Grand Encampment website if you have further questions.

We take the name in commemoration of the Knights Templar. We don't claim to be descendants.

reply to post by Schrödinger

Thanks for the clarification

reply to post by Saurus

Excellent point. I actually watched my Eminent Commander get expelled from the entire fraternity because of something he did in the Blue Lodge. That is also how I got moved up in the Commandery line

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I don't think people think there is such a thing as "high level masonry" what is believe is that for some candidates involvement in freemasonry can result in being asked to join other organisations which are not freemasonry but have a connection to it.

It is like this you can think of freemasonry as being like a roundabout, some masons are invited to exit and explore new roads whilst others go round and round never knowing the larger view.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

In my entire lodge, there isn't one mason who has not joined an appendant body. In the whole of South Africa, I could probably count the number of masons who have stopped at the third degree on my fingers and toes.

The whole idea that the side degrees are limited to a few 'elite' is absurd - it's pretty much the norm. I guess this would make 99.9% of all mason's "high-level" masons according to the definition of some of the anti's.

I would bet that there is not a mason on this site who is not an officer of at least one side order.

edit on 22/12/2010 by Saurus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Riffrafter

All organizations have some sort of hierarchical structure - both formal and informal, or public and private if you prefer. Can you illuminate those of us who are not of the brotherhood what a true disciple of the studies might aspire to beyond the level of Master Mason? After intense study and completion of same within the various specialty branches that one may choose, in addition to knowledge and/or degree, does is also confer or infer rank either formally or informally within the larger organization (beyond your local lodge)?

As Saurus has already touched on their are Masons who weild a great bit of authority, but this is typically for only one year. The highest office is the Grand Master of each jurisdiction who is elected by the membership and directs the craft for the ensuing year. His power among Masons is quite broad and he can issue edicts, make a Mason on sight and initiate expulsion or suspension. An interesting fact however is that the Worshipful Master of the Lodge must give the grand Master permission to enter his respective lodge and can deny anyone entrance.The caveat being that both of these men will, after their term, return to sit among his bretheren and so must temper their justice and decisions.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by LUXUS
I don't think people think there is such a thing as "high level masonry" what is believe is that for some candidates involvement in freemasonry can result in being asked to join other organisations which are not freemasonry but have a connection to it.

It is like this you can think of freemasonry as being like a roundabout, some masons are invited to exit and explore new roads whilst others go round and round never knowing the larger view.

But this by its very definition would no longer be Masonry.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Yes I know it would not be Freemasonry however it may be seen as being connected to freemasonry in that through the candidates involvement with freemasonry he gained the entrance qualification.

I think you will find some knights templers are former high ranking masons, no I'm not talking about the degree within masonry which has the same title.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by LUXUS
I think you will find some knights templers are former high ranking masons, no I'm not talking about the degree within masonry which has the same title.
Which group ARE you talking about then? There are probably a couple dozen groups calling themselves "Knights Templar"... A few of them ARE Masonic groups. Most of them aren't. But you'll need to be more specific.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Hello, I hope I can add something useful to this discussion without the usual ego-tripping & BS that permeates this website. Having said that, I really know precious little.
What I do know has it's source from the Hidden-Hand thread that was here on ATS & God-Like productions some years ago, some of the crap I read in places makes my head spin.
I agree with the thread(I forgot to remember his name) who says it is probably like a roundabout. It seems that mere mortals like us wont ever be privy to much knowledge about the workings of what we know as Freemasonry(& if you do know, kiss your ass goodbye). From what I can gather by the Hidden-Hand dialogue, which, I feel to be genuine, we really are like the proletariat class in the book 1984 by George Orwell. We aren't even at the same level as Poor old Winston Smith, & he was pretty low in the food chain.
I watched a documentary about George Orwell, about people who knew him, one man said he would say strange things: like "would you drink a pint of blood to save your father?" Isn't blood drinking part of these Luciferian rituals? I can't see how it can be a coincidence that 1984 is just so close to the bone, what did Orwell know? Who did Orwell know?
What I'd like to know about, is where human kind stops & something else begins.
So, not a wealth of information, but at least I didn't 'pee in your pocket & tell you it is raining.'

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

I guess I would call them the real Knights Templars, I don't know what else to call them as that is what they call themselves, Knights templars.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

do they have a web site, a meeting place, a sign? there was a group I read about a while back who had a web site, pictures,and all kinds of info. They even met at Rosslyn Chapel. But they didn't seem to offer any power or wealth. In fact, I think they had sign up sheets available on the web and for a few bucks, you could join. I will see if I can dig that up.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

No they don't have a website, they have several meeting places I would imagine. Very low key and what else can I say about them other then the Kights templars do still exist in Europe.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Right. I remember finding that group. I think it was in the thread with the guy who said he saw a ritual in Switzerland or Italy...

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

yea. that group sounded kind of cool, but the paying for degrees thing threw me off. I just wish with the multiple groups that claim to be the "real" Knights Templar, they could come to an agreement on who is going to win. Then they could all become one. Perhaps a cage match smack down is in order. Double elimination, winner take all.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join