It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House drafts executive order for 'indefinite detention'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   

White House drafts executive order for 'indefinite detention'

www.rawstory.com

The draft order, a version of which was first considered nearly 18 months ago, is expected to be signed by President Obama early in the New Year. The order allows for the possibility that detainees from countries like Yemen might be released if circumstances there change.

But the order establishes indefinite detention as a long-term Obama administration policy and makes clear that the White House alone will manage a review process for those it chooses to hold without charge or trial.

(visit the link for the full news article)

+14 more 
posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Is it just me, or is this administration almost INDISTINGUISHABLE from the Bush war criminal cabal?

I swear, it feels like I am continuously having de ja vu here.

Endless spying on the citizens, continuance of wars despite everyone's protestations, and now more "we'll hold you indefinitely, cuz we say so" stuff being signed off on.

It's NO WONDER these guys refused to look into the previous admin's war crimes, they are flagrantly continuing right on with all the same stuff!

Dubya and Dick Insaney must be grinning from ear to ear.

www.rawstory.com

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

Is it just me, or is this administration almost INDISTINGUISHABLE from the Bush war criminal cabal?

Endless spying on the citizens, continuance of wars despite everyone's protestations, and now more "we'll hold you indefinitely, cuz we say so" stuff being signed off on.

It's NO WONDER these guys refused to look into the previous admin's war crimes, they are flagrantly continuing right on with all the same stuff!

www.rawstory.com

Exactly. They're "Fundamentally Transforming the United States of America"
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Like sheep led to the slaughter...

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I totally agree. It obviously doesn't matter who we elect, they really are puppets. Also, the way our government is spending money like there's literally no tomorrow scares the crap out of me.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
It is extremely difficult to determine what is going on. During his campaigning I was certain that when Obama got into Office things were going to change for the better. That things were going to be more open and honest. It didn't seem like long before our new President looked like he was given a very quick dose of the real world. By that I mean he was quickly told and showed who was really in charge. Look how old he looks, and he seems like he is confused and lost a lot of the time. He doesn't have the same passion in his eyes or voice. Without going off the deep end, it appears to me like he knows some awful secrete that he can not share with us. Almost like he is going through the motions of being the President without any real zeal. Again without going off the deep end (well maybe I am a little), it is almost like someone told him that a comet was going to strike Earth in 5 years. Nothing we can do about it, but we need you to keep playing the part. Do not panic the public. I am not suggesting that this is fact or even that I believe what I just typed. I remember watching him give a speech like 6 or 7 months after being elected, and I do remember thinking that he looks like he is carrying a the weight of a terrible secrete on his shoulders and it is crushing him.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by VeniVidi

I remember watching him give a speech like 6 or 7 months after being elected, and I do remember thinking that he looks like he is carrying a the weight of a terrible secrete on his shoulders and it is crushing him.

(Places tinfoil hat on head)

You might want to check out my Ultimate Conspiracy Theory

And add to that Brazil Economy Booming

And instead of temperatures of 86F (30C) Australia gets 11 inches of snow

The elite are intentionally destroy the USA and Europe. There has to be a reason.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   

www.rawstory.com

Dude! It is patently clear that this current administration is much more machavellian that bush/cheney ever was. Obama has done in 20 months that bush/cheney conservatively did in 8 years!

AND! He did it after swearing in front of the world that he would be the anti-bush...remember promising to end the wars, to close gitmo, to "bring the troops home"?

A great deceiver!! Yes indeed!!!

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Here is the thing some people need to understand. Its one thing when you are a presidential candidate, and you make promises to end programs Bush had in place, making the argument they are wrong, illegal, immoral etc. The reason this can be done is because candidates do not have access to all of the info, intelligence, etc.

essentially they are making promises to the people without knowing the problem.

Once he got into office, I would imagine that he quickly got updated on why some of these things were in place from the begining. Ive made this type of argument in other threads, that its easy to condemn something when you dont have all of the information present to make an informed decision.

The indefinite detention deal stems from the legal issues involving the UN Charter for treatment of Prisoners, the Geneva convention articles, and the human rights articles, which the US is a signatory to.

If a person does not meet ALL criteria for the Geneve convention, it refers back to the countries who are engaged in hostilities to use their own laws to rectify that part of the problem. Since Al Queida and the Taliban forces do not meet the Geneva conventions 100%, they go from a Prisoner of war status to a enemy combatant status (which both are in the conventions, charter and human rights charter).

In this case, the country has the option of using either military tribunals or another court of competent jurisdiction. In this case, since it deals with open hostilities outside of US territory, it falls under military tribunals by determination of the Preisdent and the UCMJ.

Here is another area that people are not picking up on. A captured enemy combatant whose sole crime is taking up arms against the US military, does not make their actions criminal. If you look back at all the wars, you will see combatants who are captured locked up until the war is either over, or if a prisoner swap is brokered.

In this case I dont see a prisoner swap even being on the table.

Absent that, the US is within its rights as a nation engaged in hostile actions on foreign soil, and captured enemies are held under UN charters. The US is required to ensure their safety, health etc while in custody.

Until I see a court get involved with abuse complaints from these combatants that shows clear evidence they are being mistreated while in US custody, then the complaint should be taken with the understanding the person who is making it took up arms against the US, so their claims might not be completely accurate.

food for thought.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Pick your plot and be prepared to fill it. OR we can all just keep bitching on ATS hoping for stars and flags.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Sounds custom tailored for Assange. You better believe that if he gets extradited here, he will be the first example of this law.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Unforntunately this is true.

I do not believe he runs the show however...

Originally posted by MMPI2

www.rawstory.com

Dude! It is patently clear that this current administration is much more machavellian that bush/cheney ever was. Obama has done in 20 months that bush/cheney conservatively did in 8 years!

AND! He did it after swearing in front of the world that he would be the anti-bush...remember promising to end the wars, to close gitmo, to "bring the troops home"?

A great deceiver!! Yes indeed!!!

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I dont give a rats hind part for whoever you are, if you havent lready buried your weapons somewhere deep, you will loose them or your life in the comming roundup.
Theyve spent all the money, theyve sphoned off the infrastructure of production and moved it to other countries, theyve suckered the real estate values, first by inflating them and getting people to take out some of their equity, then by collapsing them and foreclosing....
In real terms, the middle clase has been impoverished like never before.
There is really nothing left for them to take but your lives....and they will....

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Great post! S&F!

All these new laws WILL be used against the U.S. citizens.
And don't forget the quarantine laws/martial laws brought in by Bush.

These laws are made to look like they will be used against foreign enemies or for our protection, but it's for us in the near future. They are anticipating massive revolts.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   

www.rawstory.com
No it is not just you. I am disgusted by everyone in Washington right now.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   

It shouldn't be surprising. I mean Obama is just another CIA draftee to play the puppet President.

Obama, as an undercover agent, was the lead agent in the arms and money supply for the CIA-trained Taliban Army against the Soviet Army war machine. His actions were integral to the Taliban’s success in their opposition to the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan. Obama, it is publicly acknowledged, went to Pakistan in 1981. There is no way of knowing how often Obama traveled between Pakistan and Russia. According to Dr. Manning, Obama was an interpreter for the CIA during the war in Afghanistan. When Obama completed his CIA operations in the mid 1980s and returned to the U.S. he persuaded the State Department to maneuver his entrance into Harvard Law School; since the CIA, the U.S. president’s personal agency for black operations throughout the world, also has connections to federal and state politicians, they managed to arrange Obama’s entrance to yet another elite school in 1988.

According to Dr. Manning, Obama (born in 1961) enrolled at the very pricey Occidental College in Los Angeles, California in 1979 and was recruited there in 1980 by the CIA which has made it a practice since its inception to recruit college students. He was, by his own admission, a “C” student, a dope smoker and a member of the Marxist Club at Occidental, a co-educational liberal arts college. In 1981, Obama allegedly transferred from Occidental to Columbia University. It is atypical for a student to begin their education in one four-year school and then transfer to another school. Columbia University requires that incoming students pass certain academic requirements which Obama apparently lacked. However, Columbia had a foreign student program and the CIA has major connections and influence with Columbia and the nation’s other educational facilities.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater

www.rawstory.com
No it is not just you. I am disgusted by everyone in Washington right now.

"hey you can't just lock me up for demonstrating"

"Yes we can"....

I'm sorry; politicians suck no matter who's banner they carry...Nobody had any really decent choice in '08 we were force fed a card from the deck like a cheap street magicians trick.
choice 1) an old tottering incontinent war hero;2) a young lively ( twittering!) liberal activist.Who happens to be black.( the "Anti-racist" candidate). we were deftly sliced and diced and wrapped and put up in proper bins.

A matchup too good not to be a "setup".

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   

I agree. This only lends credulous to the fact that there is a shadow group running this country and not the potus.

When you get down to it, Obama is doing exactly what Bush did. But then again.. When you have a family and you see how deep the rabbit hole is.. We all saw what happened to JFK. They ARE willing to kill a president, and can get away with it.
edit on 22-12-2010 by cenpuppie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Lol I tried to warn people that this clown was the same as bush during the primaries. All you had to do is look at his voting record in his short political carreer to figure out that he would be bush2 in office.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   

I see no significant difference between the last two years of Bush43 and the first two years of the Obama administration. There is a bunch of RHETORIC difference .. but in substance - no.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I believe we all agree that there is no difference between the parties. Both have sold us out to corporate and/or globalist interests. We are well on our way to a fascist/totalitarian regime. My only question is when do we get our breeds/bunker hill moment?

<<   2 >>

join